The Hip-Hop Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Omega-F, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Hahaha you are right. MBDTF was great idk WTF I was smoking. That's what lack of sleep will do to you. It's either going to be Recovery or MBDTF. I apologize for my really dumb comment there.

Arcade Fire is lame too. I don't know what I was thinking when I said they were "decent". Dang my fatigue and sleeplessness.

I apologize again for my lame comment.

2. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    LOL, yeah, songs like Cinderella Man, Won't Back Down, Almost Famous (should I continue?) are pop. What, did you only hear the Rihanna song? :rolleyes:

Recovery is fantastic.

3. StarCraftIsGreat

StarCraftIsGreat Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    I'm gonna say that Recovery was your first Eminem album.

4. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Yeah, I was born in June 2010.

Bro, I have every Eminem album, and your post was full of sh*t. Other than 2 or 3 tracks that could be labelled as "pop", the rest of the album is pure rap.

5. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    While it only has a couple that can be classified as pop, compared to his other albums, its more on the pop side.

Recovery really wasn't that great either. Good yes but not anything mindblowing. The only song I consider great is Ridaz while the others are good or painful to listen to in You're Never Over's case(I don't even want to get started on how much I can't stand that song).

6. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Fave rap song at the moment:
    Right Above It-Lil Wayne

7. Oh boy... You better run away as fast as you can because that comment is going to start a fire in this thread.

8. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Really? You Are Never Over is one of the best tribute songs ever. Listen to that second verse man.

Did you really think Ridaz was the best? Badass song, but it's among the weakest on the album imo.
    -----------------------

BTW, I'm listening to Nas' Hip Hop is Dead right now. Excellent album, and it probably has my favorite production of all his albums.

9. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Shoot me now. Or better yet, shoot him now.

10. StarCraftIsGreat

Jul 25, 2010
    Dude, just listen to the beats and compare them to Marshall Mathers LP, Slim Shady LP, and Infinite. So clear that the beats are pop garbage. Besides, I don't want this bull shit happy Eminem, I want the serious depressed as **** Eminem.

Leave the hall.

11. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    You are narrow minded. It's not pop, it's called variety. There are plenty of hip-hop/rock beats on Recovery: Cinderella Man, On Fire, Untitled, Session One, etc.

Now, tell me, why would he write "depressing" songs anymore?

I can't fathom why would anyone want to hear depressing songs by the way. I prefer energetic, motivational, pump you up staff. Heck, if you want something touching listen to Going Through Changes or You Are Never Over.

But your posts make me believe that you haven't even listened the album, but only the 2 singles.

If you want depressing stuff, go listen to the Twilight soundtrack.

12. StarCraftIsGreat

Jul 25, 2010
    Wow, I can barely respond to this post.

For one, I am very far from narrow minded. What do you define as pop, if I may ask? None of the beats on Recovery (a hip-hop album) were good beats, they were ALL rock like you said.

Why would I want his depressing stuff more? Because it's better. I don't wanna hear Eminem all happy, his raps are stupid and his rhymes are mediocre compared to his earlier records. If you seriously think that Going Through Changes and You Are Never Over are 'touching' or 'depressing,' you seriously haven't listened to any depressing music.

13. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    #113 Omega-F, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
    What you define as pop? Having Rihanna and P!nk on the album and a sample of a Hadaway song I guess.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE0a-R25n8Q
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SfysFN_RiY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CawXBrVuEhw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYDXfLznxBk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3BzsVYQiWc

I fail to see how this could be considered "pop".

That has been Eminem style since The Eminem Show.

Uhmmmm no? And all happy? WTF dude, DID YOU LISTEN TO THE ALBUM? He's just rapping normal geez. What, is he rapping about bunnies, and rainbows and stuff? Or do you have to be crying all over the record for it to not be all happy?

By the way, I recommend you using this site and learn about the Recovery lyrics if you think they are mediocre lol. You need it:
    http://rapgenius.com/

I didn't say those are depressing songs pal. And if those two aren't touching, God knows what is. You probably don't know the context of both I must assume.

14. StarCraftIsGreat

Jul 25, 2010
    LOL. The bonus instrumental: like a 25 second beat on loop? Awesome.
    Cinderella Man was rock.
    W.T.P. is arguably a hip-hop beat, but the song is horrible.
    On Fire is not a hip-hop beat.
    No Love is a horrible song in general, but I'll give it to you that the beat is cool. Also, Lil' Wayne sucks.

Oh great, rock has been his style since the Eminem Show? Well, that was mediocre at best soooo that's pretty great.

Happy Eminem is just bull shit, BRO. I'm not saying that Eminem can't be happy and make good music, but Recovery was just awful compared to his early work--which just happened to be sad Eminem. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

Can't tell if you're serious or not, I'm seriously hoping you're not.

Now this, why this is just hilarious. You should be a comedian, my friend.

15. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    #115 Omega-F, Dec 3, 2010
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but, man, I can't take you seriously anymore with all that crap.

Why would I not be serious? If you think Eminem Show and No Love are "mediocre at best" you are clearly not getting something. I think you are being the comedian here, my friend.

Go:

http://rapgenius.com/

16. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    #116 alchemistrpm, Dec 3, 2010
    Eminem is still one of the most technically proficient rappers alive, and you can hear it on Recovery, he's a lyrical prodigy. But he forgot how to make an album. Recovery is not a comeback, no disrespect, it just isn't IMO. Marshall Mathers was his magnum opus and he's been downhill ever since.

Recovery has a decent group of cuts worth hearing, but it just falls short of great hip-hop albums that leave a memorable impression like MBDTW and How I Got Over. Cohesive and tight (like the Marshall Mathers LP was). A great album is greater than the sum of its parts.

17. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    this hip hop thread sucks. you guys are all on eminems lower genital area tip. theres like a billion underground hip hop artists to talk about. lol...like seriously?
    you wanna see some lyrical prodigies? watch this video its hilariously epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x6plEvv2mU

i'm guessing none of you know who thesaurus and illmaculate are...

18. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA

Gotta disagree with that. I think Recovery is on par with Eminem Show as the most "cohesive" album he's made. And the content and themes are the best.
    ------------------------------------

But to switch topics, T.I.'s album leaked a couple days ago. No Mercy it's pretty good. It doesn't have as many hits as Papertrail, but still pretty good.

19. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Recovery is pretty good but idk about AOTY. And I agree with whoever said You're Never Over sounded awful. I mean I get what the song's about but it sounds horrible. The album is more "pop" than previous ones but it's a hell of a lot farther away from pop than a lot of hip hip now.

And I'm just getting tired of T.I.

20. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Nope :) but Thesaurus is a great name.