The Harry Potter Series: What's the general consensus here?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by kiranb28, Nov 20, 2010.

?

The Harry Potter Series: What's the general consensus here?

1. Liked the books, disliked the movies

16 vote(s)
    29.1%
  2. Disliked the books, liked the movies

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Liked both the books and the movies

30 vote(s)
    54.5%
  4. Disliked both the books and the movies

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. I don't care about Harry Potter (and probably never will)

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  6. I don't care about Harry Potter (but am starting to get curious)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    All I can say is FLAME ON

2. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Hmm...

...Nope, totally no connection between those two conveniently bolded phrases.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    No, you're not correct. Twilight is one of the few exceptions to the rule. Just as it defies all belief that a book could possibly turn someone into a dribbling moron, it defies all belief just how bad the story in said book is. They go hand in hand, the whole deal is unbelievable.

Assume away. I think it's natural for anyone to assume at this point that you're trying to make me feel offended by the gay assumption, thus using homosexuality in a negative aspect. Poor show, poor show.

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    The first couple of movies were good, more kid oriented though. However the latest Potter adventures are dark and stricken with grief more and more... they are fantastic. They do not, however, do the books justice.

5. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Homo's are awesome.

6. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Ok I see where the mix up happened. When I said story I meant the actual story (hence why I said 6 years ago). You seem to think the story refers to the movie which it does not.

7. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Where's the "LOVE the books, LOVE the movies" option?! :eek:

8. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Oh, deary me. I apologize; that was all on me. As it often is. :eek:

Naturally they have not changed the actual books. Sorry about that little speed bump.

9. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

No bother. I hate when that happens cos both people are arguing a correct point but
    don't realise they are both different yet correct. I've had one of those last for ages before. Rather annoying

10. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Poor show, poor show. Since when am I a dribbling moron? I like the series and that makes me a one? I can assume the same thing if you like something along those lines.

"Twilight is one of the few exceptions to the rule." What rule though?

Anyway, I don't want to argue anymore on this forum. I know you're a cool guy and I guess i can respect your opinions.. The fact you called me a female or assuming I was gay was a little disgruntling for me.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's no secret that the Twilight fanbase majority is considered to be female, what with all the admiration for the actors in the films and the fact it's a love story which are usually feminine by nature. I merely found it amusing (and surprising) to see a male fan. The same thing would occur if you'd told me you love work of Justin Bieber. You started the gay thing though, I merely repeated it back, though to be honest I would expect that more gay than straight males are into Twilight. You probably need a reasonably strong feminine side.

12. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I don't know what in the f*ck you would need to come remotely close to enjoying those f*cking films. The acting, among other things is just... just awful.