Universal The Guides [+ Compendium] (by Kevin Bradford LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Ahh there we go. :)

And now I need to go figure out what that non-audio clue is on 2-17!

2. scott997

scott997 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    I think it is
    the three dots on the planet earth (intersection of the crossed lined), since the answer is "3". I kept trying "three" but it did not work. The clue that the number is not spelled out can be found in the compendium.

3. scott997

Jan 5, 2015
    Can you explain this? I know that hints to some of the answers can be found in the Compendium; is this what makes a metapuzzle? If so, I don't see how it adds additional puzzles to the experience. It just loosely ties the puzzles to a narrative.

What is a metapuzzle? Also, clue me in on what is hidden below the surface so I can enjoy it. Thanks.

4. #64 AppUnwrapper, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    I thought of that... But without knowing the answer already, I'm not sure I would have ever thought of that. I'll have to take another look at the compendium to see what you mean.

Edit:
    Ahhh I see in the word search. Is that what you were referring to?

5. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    First, congratulations with the release of your game and compendium. I'm amazed that this was created by a team of two! I'm usually very cautious with my purchases and wait to get a number of solid reviews on TA, but I have to admit that after reading just a few posts on day 1 I did an impulse buy for the game and compendium. Initially, I was disappointed with see the two chapters not being close to 100's of puzzles as stated. I understand that you didn't mean to mislead but the way it is written doesn't say in the future and thus the buyer will assume it is in the game already.

That being said... I'm more than 100% satisfied with my purchase and know these two .99 purchases were a total bargain! I totally appreciate it when a launch has a sale at the beginning as opposed to full price and a week or two later a sale.

Congrats again for creating such a unique and special game! Can't wait to play more. I initially got through the first 6 puzzles and wanted to slow down because I feared I would reach the end to soon.. A sign of a great game!

I'm looking forward to future updates and hope as you stated that they will be free and meet the 100's of puzzles that you initially stated!

Keep up the good work and would be willing to buy future games from you both!

6. theguides

theguides New Member

Aug 5, 2015
    #66 theguides, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    @imdakine1 —Thank you very much for your kind words. And yes, a team of two that doesn't sleep much!

Based on some of the feedback we've been receiving about our wording, we've updated the description in the stores. It now reads:
    • Currently Two Sections and 50 pages, with all future content updates included free. No In-App Purchases.
    • Meticulously designed interactive puzzles and ciphers with each being more unique than the last.

We do promise that we will stay true to our original wording through the course of future updates and we will never integrate IAPs. If you've paid for the app, you'll receive all future content free.

Once the dust from launch week settles, Kevin and I are looking forward to getting back to the creative side of things and continue designing and developing future Sections. Thanks again for the support!

7. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Congrats again and thanks for being so engaging with your gamer fans! Loving the game.. As stated before I'm not one to do instant buys but I'm so glad to have bought both the game and compendium and an excited to be able to play it more on my flights this and next week!!!!

8. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    the only one small complaint is have is that chapter 1 puzzle 22 I had to find a guide because I'm playing on iPhone 5s and didn't even realise
    that there was numbers under the letters because there to small to see on my screen
    other than that it's brilliant.

9. scott997

Jan 5, 2015
    Yes, that is what I was referring to. It is interesting how different people think the same puzzle is really easy and really hard. The answer was my first guess. It just too me a while to stop spelling it out.

10. scott997

Jan 5, 2015
    I'm going to out your spoiler because I think it is too important.

!!! There are numbers that can be used as answers on the second page of the keyboard !!!

I was stuck for a long time before I noticed this. I don't really think the challenge of entering an answer should be a difficult part of the puzzle.

11. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=268887][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268891][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268882][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268924][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268925][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268949][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268870][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268941][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268695][​IMG][/thread]

The Guides

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

August 20th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

12. jdelstrother

jdelstrother Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Any hints for the unlock on Compendium part 2? (The first of each in which there are five)

13. freakernet

freakernet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Nope, you will do fine

14. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    It looks like they have been keeping up with their promise on levels. The updates keep coming. I think there are now over 100 levels.

15. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #75 Son of Anarchy, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    New update is out now.

Also, The Guides Axiom has been released if someone would be kind enough to make a thread.