Universal The Greedy Cave (by AvalonGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Feb 2, 2016.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #81 stubbieoz, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    As you progress in the game you get items that you can enchant to your armour and weapons. They are labeled as such. You apply these items at a random enchanting bench found in the dungeons.

No idea how many levels there are though.

EDIT:
    Okay, There are currently 20 stages. I just finished stage 1 which had 10 dungeon levels, so I am assuming there will be 200 dungeon levels total. Total speculation at this point though.

2. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #82 Zeillusion, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Oh my. The game is AMAZING. This is pretty much the dungeon crawler I've been waiting for. It's extremely polished and has insane potential. It's wonderful.

The iaps seem to be for storage only which isn't necessary? Which is good because I believe the game is a single player experience.

This is perfect to play while breaking from crashlands ^.^

I can assume expansions and events could be added in the future for special gear & items.

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man now that sounds good!

4. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Thanks for the answers. I have found my first crafting station and FAILED my enchantment!! That sucks you can fail but I total except that it works that way. It makes sense I guess.

200 levels? Wow that's massive. So this is potentially an endless dungeon crawler/Rogue like with continued character growth. Was there a boss at the end of level 10? I guess what in mean is, is it rogue like in that you have to fight your way to the big baddy at the end of the dungeon, but in this case with more big baddies the deeper you go?

Anyway, I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. I was almost late to work this morning because I lost track of time while playing. I only opened the app this morning to test if it saves when you close the app. After a couple of minutes I had forgotten all about that and then it was suddenly time to leave for work. This is a great game.

By the way, it did save when I finally remembered to test it.

5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I still really wish they would remove the f2p aspects and make this fully premium. This is a really great game I was not expecting to like it as much as I do.

6. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    So I'm assuming the items you get within the dungeons don't stay with you when you exit? That's a neat idea. You do keep gold though.

Is there anyway to keep items? It appears I was able to keep my axe that I bought but nothing else.

7. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I hear what you're saying, but think about how many people playing it now who wouldn't have even downloaded it if it was more than a dollar or two. In a perfect word all games would be premium.:)

So far the game plays like it's premium with option to "cheat" your way through. I'm just ignoring the IAP at the moment, however I am considering a purchase just to give the dev. a little more for this great game.

8. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    You get to keep gold items. You must have bought a golden axe. You can tell the differences by the color of the border around the item icon.

9. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    The more I play this, the more I love it. It gets my recommendation.

10. titivivi

titivivi Active Member

Nov 20, 2015
    What' s the Hell is this golem on stage 20 !!!
    So strong lol. Will not see the 21 stage soon O guess ^^

11. neumanator

neumanator Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2015
    A Little Funny

This could be just me (I didn't have a chance to read many of the other comments yet), but this game makes me feel a little bit funny. I have gotten many hours of enjoyment out of Enchanted Cave 2, so it was kind of exciting to me when I picked this up and it felt the same. I kept playing it... and it just felt the exact same. Similar rings, leveling processes, "escape scrolls," etc.

The art style also is reminiscent of Don't Starve. I suppose not so much the in game art style, just the title screen.

This game is really pretty though. The little screen tears like it is on a projector is a very nice touch.

Overall... I'm in on this game. I think the critical approach I took is just me playing devil's advocate and making sure I don't just praise a game that may not be the most original thing.

I would recommend it for its crazy cheap price. Just know... there are other games out there who have done this same thing first. A good next step for someone who has already played Enchanted Cave 2 to death.

12. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    Oh I see, items that are gold OR made gold can stay on your person. That's a pretty cool mechanic. Really makes you think which item is important enough to make gold. Neat.

Really enjoying this. Seems deep.

13. Zeratulz

Zeratulz Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Bought, from the vids posted and the fact that it's 99 cents why not. I loved the art style of DS and now to have something similar in a Roguelike is awesome. Currently finishing up the new Dungelot and will start this once that is done.

14. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    A also, if you haven't noticed, it has a lock option for every item so you don't lose (accidentally trash) it while in the dungeon. Another cool feature.

15. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Has anyone found a secret room yet? Just like enchanted cave you find a sparkling spot on the wall that leads to a hidden room with steps going down to the next floor and a few treasure chests... One of which you need 50 crystals to open -_- I actually bought 500 for 99 cents feeling like a chump. I got a bunch of cool extra stuff for my first purchase: pants, hat, shirt, weapon, gloves, boots all higher level then what I had, some scrolls including 3 leave dungeon scrolls. There was a gold ring in the chest. Do I feel like my purchase was a waste? No but This was the most blatent f2p mechanic I've come across yet and needless to say once was enough for me and I won't buy crystals to unlock these in the future.

16. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    The game contains iAP's?

17. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    IAP out the butt yes lol it's an in game currency

18. gearkin

gearkin Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    I loved enchanted cave 2. The main thing i didn't like about enchanted cave was the graphics or art style.
    Would this be a good recommendation for someone looking for a game very much like Enchanted cave but with a different art style. Doesn't have to be much deeper, but if so thats awesome too.
    This game looks very promising and from what I've read the iaps are not intrusive.
    Would love a detailed review of this game.

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    So does every level have a gold statue or no? Pretty much kill the monsters by chests and such but leave the ones alone you dont have to kill and keep going down? Is that close to what I am supposed to be doing?

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ^^ I think... that's what I've been doing...

And about the gold statue, I could be wrong, but I think it's randomized. I hit two of them on my first 10 floors my last game, but none of them on the game before that. Could just be I didn't find them... but definitely not every floor. =o)