Universal The Greater Good (by Sam Enright)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Makara Nou, Apr 21, 2020.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #41 ste86uk, Apr 25, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    lol yeh it’s not the best, there are loads better images in the game he could have used!

Some tricky hiding spots for secrets the last one had a secret spot in a secret spot. I love it.

I also thought the cow should be the endgame boss. It hit harder than Kro

Edit: the game does heat up my device too so I guess it could use some optimisation? As I’ve played games that are surely much more intensive on the hardware that didn’t warm it up.

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeah, i really love this game a lot, but the battery drain and overheating is absurd!!!

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, I noticed a bit of heat around the camera area of my XS, but wasn't really paying attention to the battery. It's THAT bad? The game's running at 60fps, right?

Still (off-topic): I've never experienced anything like the heat and battery drain that Beat Hazard 2 produces (even on the lowest settings). Truly absurd.

4. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Haven’t had any heat issues on an iPad Air.

Just started chapter five. I’m thinking there will be a point when I get to travel back to morph and so,e other places because there were really expensive items. I was kind of hoping the last ??? In the menu would be fast travel or something like that , but it’s ...what are the spoiler tags... it’s related to characters, that’s all I’ll say

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Just had my first crash for no apparent reason and it’s sucks because I’d just left the prison and ended up in the desert and lost al of that so I’ll have to do it again. Hopefully the items I found are set because I found some good ones that I hope I get back again...

The darkness though in that prison was ridiculous, it’s one thing I don’t like in this game because there’s no need for things to be so black you can literally see nothing at all.

6. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Yeah, I agree that some of those locations are like looking at a black blank page, it’s a bit too much.
    I have to keep my room dark to play in a lot of areas. I have to keep tapping the jump button constantly in the very dark areas in case I miss some hidden area. It’s not a lot of fun.
    But not enough to make me hate the game in any way.

Sucks about the crash.
    Hope you are able to get those items back.
    Would be helpful in general to know if items are set or random.

ste86uk likes this.
  7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @stubbieoz no it definitely doesn’t spoil it but it is a rather odd choice.

It is seeming like items are set because when I loaded back up and got back to where I was I found the same two rings that I did the first time. Also earlier in the game I died the only time I have ever died and when I loaded back up and did it again I’m pretty positive I got all the same items. Which is a good thing if it’s true as on a game like this I’d prefer it to be planned with what we get rather than pray to the rng god that you aren’t super unlucky and have a terrible run!

stubbieoz likes this.
  8. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    So heads up, there are five 1 hidden totems. Like, moapa area has one, bucket has one
    Get used to fight a challenging foe for the chance to steal and win an item from them. Chapter 7.

If you. Do miss any you get a hint at where the ones you are missing are at, which is cool.

There’s lots of content here and bonus material. I’m at like 9 hours and could go for the final battle now, but I’m having too much fun with these extra quests and hidden locations.

ste86uk likes this.
  9. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    so one are some things I wish I knew before: combining spell books does not consume them, so do it as soon as you can.
    Also, new game+ confirmed! haven't done it yet but told about it in-game :)

I've never found Riley, who all the bartenders talk smack about. Anyone know anything about that?

I've found Caya more useful than Marlo, since she can regain magic points and has an skill to protect strengthen and hasten everyone, and with her weapon can access a lot of magic. She's faster than him too.

Here's a checklist of things to do in chapter 7, in suggested order
    1. get some of the weak elemental rings and Ernie's shop to help you with the enemies in paola farm. water and electricity pretty much. Hunt more of the totems down if you need to, the guy on the farm will tell you if you have ??? where to look
    2. Combine spell books at level 5 in ember. fix the broken ring you get in Bucket (talking to a lady in the bar)if you haven't already.
    3. The island NW of Ernies, get the net and catch a wizard back in the desert. Come back wearing weak electricity rings and ready to use elemental attacks only—MP, HP, defense rings. make sure you steal of course
    4. if you have the money, go back to moapa and buy Jenkins's house, and buy any ales you want
    5. put fire wings on everyone and go the big tree south of moapa, it's a bridge. go all the way left for a chest, then right to fight a spider overlord. It's a longer battle.
    6. Fight Bessie
    7. Go to the southeasterly island. Probably want to be past level 40 after you go through all the maze, snake boss does water and electricity attacks that can do about 600 damage to everyone, great treasures
    8. After the snake you get a hero emblem and can unlock the treasure room in Lumin Castle.
    9. I think that's it, go kick Kro's ass.

ste86uk likes this.
  10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #50 ste86uk, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    @Solarclipse that all sounds good, thank you for the tips some of it I’ve been wondering about already. I’ve only just recruited Caya but I’m pretty sure I’d already pick her over Marlo as I don’t really like him.

I still look forward to playing more and that’s great to know about the new game + I wonder what changes in that

Edit: although after trying Caya a bit Marlo is perhaps more helpful at the moment. She has a weak attack and only useful with element attacks it seems but that’s easy to run out of unless I use my skill meter to steal more for her.

11. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    Looks like you start over with all your gear, but there is a character who says something about seeing you in new game plus. Looks like you skip the first bit as a Kro soldier

There may be some.more dialogue differences, like Marko.talks about new game and.skips the tutorials. You keep your gold and gear but not your levels and not all.skills. going to try some different dialogue trees, heh

ste86uk likes this.
  12. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    @Solarclipse
    Thanks for the Spoilers, though I will come back another time to open them when I finish the game. It appears I have already missed some of those Totems.
    I’m currently in the Far North Peak and what a contrast from the dark areas before.
    Now I have to lower the ingame brightness setting, it nearly blinded me. :confused:
    I’m finding Caya to be really helpful against the enemies in the snowy areas with her Torch attack.

I am at level 17 and have 9 hours racked up playing. So good to hear there is a game+ mode. I don’t want the game to end, I am enjoying it too much.
    Very interested in the story and the graphics are beautiful. The music is outstanding and fit the mood of the game perfectly.
    I’m liking the combat difficulty level as well. Some battles have been quite the challenge.

Such a (greater) good game. I hope it sells well for the developer.

Solarclipse, Gwarmaxx and ste86uk like this.
  13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #53 ste86uk, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    I’m pretty sure I’ve been lucky and got all of the totems so far because I do try to explore everywhere.

I have been in touch with the dev and he come and checked the forums out too and was happy to see us enjoying the game.

@Solarclipse is there any point buying the house in the first run? If there’s a game+ and you keep all your money should you buy it the second time instead? Unless you keep it through both.

Edit: can someone tell me how I use spoiler tags?

14. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #54 stubbieoz, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    Double post

15. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #55 stubbieoz, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    @ste86uk
    Easiest way I can explain how to add spoilers is to;
    Tap on “Reply” to Solareclipse’s post with a spoiler above to see the format required.

ste86uk likes this.
  16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Hm that failed, I’ll try in the morning when I’m more awake. Thank you.

17. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    nearly lol but no prize

frig it’s hard to type the correct format with out the instruction disappearing lol
    I’ll try again

(SPOILER) type spoiler here (/SPOILER)

Change the ( ) for [ ]

ste86uk likes this.
  18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    The spoiler is just basically something the dev said that helped me decide between Caya and Marlo.

just one from the dev really that helped me decide who to pick between Caya and Marlo he said his ultimate weapon let’s him do full damage to all enemies! Which sounds amazing. Apparently you get it by giving the jumbo souvenir to someone. He said there’s a good guide someone did on steam but I’m not on steam and found it hard to google search it.

19. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Or, even easier - just select the text you want to mark as spoiler and tap that + icon and select spoiler. This way you can even name the spoiler tag.;)

6EF9B216-2D0B-4F65-8E80-F0C38577365A.jpeg

stubbieoz and ste86uk like this.
  20. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    #60 Solarclipse, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    Hm I was looking for where his was, maybe I'll switch him in for Caya after all, though he'll be a bit under levelled.

You don't keep it with new game plus. There is a very nice treasure inside the house, and of course the brewmaster sets up shop with perfect ales.

Now if I can just find out what is up with that cheese all Riley.
    UPDATE: the dev said Riley is just a friend he wanted to Roast, nothing in game related.

Finally thing I’m wondering is if the fifth party member gets any skills when they level up. Kind of too bad that only characters in your party get experience, aside from then they leve the party and come back. They seem to get caught up then, at least.