The Giveaway strategy

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Planetman, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Planetman

Planetman Well-Known Member

May 3, 2014
    IF I use the view ads or view video to get ingame coins and get a free card strategy, would that be OK if the cards were like Minions or Harry Potter self drawn cards?

Is that legal to do as I am not charging commercially for those cards rather to make people view ads or videos I have on the game and in return when they have acccumulated say 10 coins then they can choose to get a free card to play in the game.

What do you people think?:D

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I think you are just trying to come up with creative ways to steal.

You do realise copyright infringement doesn't require you to make money right? The fact you trying to leverage their brands to make money is all the worse.

Using leverage peoples IP to try and make money is never legal.

Forget your get rich schemes and put in some hard work instead.

3. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    What you are describing is still IP infringement. I suggest you stay away from copying/using/borrowing someone else's IP entirely. It is not worth the headache (and possible lawsuit).

4. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Geez, you asked pretty much the same stuff in another thread already.
    Yup, IP infringement. Go ask a lawyer if you want to be absolutely sure.
    Other than that, go read "game developer 101", "gamedev for dummies" or something similar.
    Your questions are always on such a basic level that you could answer them yourself with some research effort.
    In other words: get off your lazy ass.