The Free to Play Rant Garbage Bin

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by H4nd0fg0d, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Free? No way!!

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Low rating. People actually have played the game or is it solely because of the price? It gets on my nerves.

3. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Haha, why don't you try or are you jumping on all free 2 play is trash bandwagon

4. RunnyBagel

RunnyBagel Member

Jun 30, 2017
    Did you seriously give it a bad review just because its free?

5. Erpiotta5

Jun 27, 2012
    The game make whit a free sistem is just a centre of monetization. If i buy a game is for the experience and the feeling. Free game point on the feeling for make money, new gadget and make money and bla bla.
    Make premium game and a dlc is a good way for enjoy the videogame worl! If someone dont like this just remenber the free to play is the same "brain" like slotmachine...open your eyes

6. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Talk about prejudice. You are part of why TA is so toxic these days.

You are hurting a dev without even trying the game just because you disagree with the model. Talk about self-entitlement.

Not all free to play games are this way that you have described.

I will give just two tiny examples: mekorama and punch quest.

7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Data Wing has to be the best example going.

8. Erpiotta5

Jun 27, 2012
    Is you see the shopping cart inside remenbering me this "sort of game" are made for meneytize and take your money for good equip or energy!the real game entertain is based on skil and age, stop.
    Foursaken game are very good but not this make in free way.this is my opinion ,33 years old player

9. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Foursaken's games never were pay to win. And trust me i am almost prejudiced against every free game. Try the game before giving it 1 star.

10. Erpiotta5

Jun 27, 2012
    You dont understand , i think!
    Try it is free, after that you enter in the sistem...
    Noone give you somethig free, save mom and dad!

11. DrasticPegasus

DrasticPegasus Active Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Student
    Salerno
    Will you learn a little bit of english my man ??

12. Ryzaerian

Ryzaerian Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2017
    Dude, people like you are bad for video games. You one-starred the review based on complete nonsense.

It's not a pay-to-win game. The IAPs are not necessary to play.

Don't be a troll.

13. SwordBytes

SwordBytes Active Member

May 17, 2013
    #133 SwordBytes, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    33 year old player that spells like a four year old.

I call troll. 4 years old at most.

In addition. I'm giving it a 5 star review to counter your one star. And I haven't even played it yet...

#

14. Levanax

Levanax Active Member

Apr 2, 2013
    I am dumber for having read this.

15. Erpiotta5

Jun 27, 2012
    Remove my impression from this forum because i explain my 1 star rating for this free to play shame. Nice work TA , this is the second rime TA remove my impression.

16. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    At least they didn't ban you

17. Erpiotta5

Jun 27, 2012
    Free opinion man, no bad language , simple freemium game sistem is bad for real player like spend skill and no shopping cart

18. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    I've read through only 75 posts as of this this post. Just in case no one's mentioned it already....
    No way in freaking hell Apple will just agree to this even if there was a law or regulation to be debated to be passed. Remember, Apple takes a 30% cut of ALL THAT IAP! Now you want to tell them that they only receive a fraction of that revenue!? You're basically telling them to do more work for less money, and that's something a business just won't go for.

Yes, we've had to put in laws like minimum wage, child labor, worker's rights... but I reckon then didn't come in easily. There are only so many regs that can be passed that we'd need to pick and choose our battles.

19. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    Not all IAP are the same. Some IAP are done to expand the game. For example, a card game, Ascension, IS based off a real life/physical card game....
    https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/69789/ascension-deckbuilding-game

The expansions are done through IAP. No paywall, energy meters, "pay to play 3 times", etc.

Akin to when I purchased StarCraft for PC 15 years ago. That set me back $60. Its expansion, Brood Wars, set me back another $30 or so. I didn't complain how extra content required an extra purchase.

Believe it or not, when apps first came out, they used to cost $10 to $40. However, the devs at some point undercut each other. The consumer market overall got it into their heads that quality apps should cost no more than $1 to $10, and should include free updates for life. Also, many expansion content should've also been included with the base game at no additional charge. EVERYONE is to blame.

A tech podcast had one guest speaker say that he's of the opinion that subscription models are the way to go.

If you want to go premium, however much you think your app should cost.... multiply it 5x to 10x. So that $5 app? It should really cost $25 to $50. The math works out MUCH BETTER that way for the devs. Unfortunately, no way were the mass of consumers going to pay that. And it is true... "there's generally a culture of NOT paying for things on the iOS App Store". There are so many things that can be had for free, free to play HAS been how things have evolved.

I've had an old timer tell me that he used to work in a hamburger joint in the 70s. He eventually did some of their books. Soda was such a huge profit margin that even if everyone came in and only bought sodas... the restaurant would be JUST FINE. Imagine that... a hamburger joint can get by just fine without selling burgers nor fries!