Universal The Executive (by Riverman Media LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jul 1, 2015.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Are you guys playing on iPhone or iPad? I personally would prefer keeping it the way it is, since you're actually forced into swiping a specific part of the screen. That prevents accidentally starting the running sequences. I'd understand how that could be annoying on iPad though.

2. riverman_jacob

riverman_jacob Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Sounds like it's finally working! Phew!

Yes, we bought some ads because we think TouchArcade does a great service to the community and they asked for help to keep the site running. We don't have a lot of money, but we did what we could. I'm happy we could do it.

As far as swiping, you actually can swipe from anywhere on the screen, as long as it's in the direction of the icon. That was specifically a consideration for iPad.

Enjoy!

3. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    IPad Air2 yes.

4. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Strange I tried that several time, but it didn't work. Will try again later after work. Thanks for replying. Great game! :)

5. ZeeMonkeyMan

ZeeMonkeyMan Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Okay fair enough, I didn't think of that way. I will try your game it does look pretty damn awesome! And yes I do really enjoy this site, so if pop ads are what they need to keep it going I guess I can put up with them.

6. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Executive free version

Hi in description it mentions a free version of the game but I cannot find it on App Store.. Can someone post link to it? Thanks

7. istako

istako Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I got to the 9th level and I was loving it thus far. My only gripes were that the music isnt worth much and that the Werewolf (basic) animations for lower defence and attack preparation were too simillar. But then I got to level 10 and this is a dealbraker for me. Im playing on an iPad, to do a special attack I am required to do a swipe across the entire screen, and this type of attack became mandatory now. Why cant I swipe just in the attack area? I dont have 3 hands, sadly, so this... Basically broke the game for me. I hope this gets fixed, because its waaay to uncomfortable like this, Im actually surprised that it is like this. Also, a fix to the starting arrows in running sections would be nice - why need to swipe close to them in particular, but I am allowed to swipe anywhere on screen for the other arrows?
    Still a great game though. Just these really killed my groove. Any chance of a fix or at least some options?

8. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    How are IAP?

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    No are IAP.

There are none.

10. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Holy cow this game is all shades of AWESOME.
    I mean, REALLY WOW!

metalcasket is absolutely 110% right.

11. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Looking for that as well.

12. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    Our mistake! Free version is not quite ready, and we forgot to edit the description. Sorry for the error!

As far as swiping, You should be able to pull off super moves with very short swipes, even on iPad. The hit boxes are the players head, the enemy's head, the player legs, and the enemy legs, but they are very wide as far as detecting the swipes between the different quadrants.

13. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I'm saving this for the weekend to start on my little journey by train...damn this is hard. No achievement for this, right :rolleyes:

14. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    Another way to think of it: try to cross the invisible line between the player and enemy

15. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Will it be out before the sale ends?

16. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Wow. Just wow. Was not expecting something like this. Picked up after some of the rave reviews and can say that this does not disappoint. The only downside is that this is pulling me away from Heroki, which I had been looking forward to for a while.

Original game play that takes some getting used to and looking forward to doing just that.

17. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Totally worth paying for....won't regret it.

18. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    So I should download then?

19. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    It's a great 5-star game. Truly original. Again, I love the world they created, some really crazy ideas and visuals! The gameplay itself is pretty simple, far from being any game of the year material. But for what it is, it's fantastic!

20. nuren

nuren New Member

Oct 31, 2014
    I live in China, and I bought the game a second after reading your masterful review. Thank you! Eighteen RMB, or less than three U.S. dollars for a game of this calibre is mind-boggling, and we need to show our support and appreciation for wonderful game developers like this one.