Universal The Executive (by Riverman Media LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jul 1, 2015.

1. riverman_jacob

riverman_jacob Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    How long does this usually take to work itself out? We just set the date as July 2, we don't set a specific time. Hope you can all play soon!

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Within the next couple of hours at most. It's super annoying and has really gotten stale over the last month.

3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Right!? While I'm waiting, does this play alright on a smaller screen (iPhone 6) or should I play on the iPad mini 2?

4. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    Yes, we play on a 6 all the time!

5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Sweet, thanks. It'll also be nice to have it on the go. Although some games are really nice on the mini. I'll probably try it on both.

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #46 Rip73, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    I wouldn't worry about it, the synching of store modifications does sort itself out relatively quickly.
    It appears to happen to stuff with a good strong buzz around it and lots and lots of people jumping in very quickly.

It's just a matter of the worldwide network of servers getting a massive influx of additional data on Wednesday/Thursday along with all the regional stores getting their weekly changes.
    Servers loads go up substantially.
    All the new data, synchronising it worldwide with the varying time zones and an increase in searching, accessing, uploading and downloading.
    All the stuff that gets modified simply takes time to populate across all the worldwide servers. Placeholders, backend, storage, populating, etc, etc.
    Preparations for that upcoming extra second being added to the clocks doesn't really help matters either.

It's in hand though with Apple building at least two major server farms in Europe and new ones being integrated (or being built) in America and other international regions (Asia, Pacific, possibly Middle East) regularly.
    Solutions are never as easy as they might seem though. I'd imagine.

If I can give a word of advice when setting a release, always put in an actual time along with the date. It makes for a smoother transition from storing and indexing to publishing publicly.
    And don't forget to specify whether it's a full international release or a staggered time zone one. That also makes a pretty big difference when publishing them publicly.
    Setting an actual time would be of most importance though so next time bear that in mind.

And thanks for a great game as well. :)
    It is extremely entertaining indeed and I can see why Metalcasket is his "usual reserved" :))) about a top quality game.
    Very best of luck with it.
    I hope it's as successful as it deserves to be.

7. stelluhreyesthis

stelluhreyesthis Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    @rip73 I don't think they could have benefitted from setting a specific time along with the date for the games release, they become available randomly in the early morning of the games release now. this has been happening to all games set to release for the past 2 and a half months and It's only gotten worse lately. I have been downloading popular games at 11 pm every Wednesday for over a year without this happening until a couple months back.

8. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Aaaargh I keep getting "This item is no longer available" (DK)

Someone shoot the Apple tech monkey for me. :(

9. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    Sorry about the delay everyone! Sounds like it should be available within a few hours. It's been so long since we released a game, I didn't know this was a problem these days. Thanks for your patience! -Jacob

10. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    #50 Tulki, Jul 2, 2015
    Looks interesting... is the demo version supposed to be out now as well? I searched under your company name but didn't see it. Guessing it's just typical app store launch night issues though.

You guys said it's universal in the description. Does it have save syncing between devices?

11. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Wanted to buy this but... 1.7 gigs?. I barely made space for Implosion D:

I hate my 16 gig iPhone...

I'll be buying this as soon as i have some space because it looks very damn awesome. Pizza vs Skeletons is one of my favorite games on iOS. I hope the executive becomes one of my favorites
    ... As soon as i have space!!:'(

12. ZeeMonkeyMan

ZeeMonkeyMan Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I just got my first pop up ad on this site ever?! It was for this game, actually makes me feel like not buying it.

13. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Don't let it.

PvS was amazing, the devs were amazing and I don't think, even with how big a critical success it was, they made insane money from it. Maybe I'm wrong, but even if I am the devs have been so down to earth and are literally brothers who do a ton (all?) of the work on their games that I think it's worth giving them a pass on the ad.

I don't know if I can forego buying, but my concerns are my hands. I had problems playing Sproggiwood and I'm worried this one is going to destroy my fingers, there's lots of swiping as the game goes on, isn't there? I presume the difficulty ramps up, is there an option to change that?

14. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    After a hundred failed attempts, the AppStore finally just let me purchase this. Hopefully it's good to go now for all.

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Most of the game is tap-based. I don't think you should have any problems.

Also, game's now up for sale. GO GET IT!!!

16. Leegames

Jul 1, 2010
    Denmark
    So... Because this site needs revenue, and the developer decides to support the site you enjoy by buying an ad, you consider not buying the game ... Makes sense.:D

17. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Popup ads are disgusting, regardless of the site.

On topic, I enjoyed PvS a lot. And while The Executive looks interesting, I'm not seeing what makes this mindblowing. Still. I'll give this a shot sometime this week just on the strength of their earlier game.

18. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I don't know, metal. I don't see you really loving this game all that much :p

I think you could bring a smidge more enthusiasm. Sheesh, you're like on 'ludes or something ;)

19. Leegames

Jul 1, 2010
    Denmark
    #59 Leegames, Jul 2, 2015
    For the developer, 1 thing I would like to be able to change.

1: When there is an arrow before the start of a "rythm sequence" please let me swipe anywhere on the screen to start - like all arrows with rings work, instead of having to move my finger to the arrow.

That would make a great game even better. :)

20. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I agree as well