Universal The Executive (by Riverman Media LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    #21 Seiza616, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    Thanks for the quick response and I am intrigued by all of the praise you threw at this game....out of everything you said what one thing makes this your game of the year over the many great games which have been released thus far?

2. Adsinjapan

Adsinjapan Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    I'm getting the "This item is no longer available" message on the Japanese AppStore each time I try to buy it.

3. riverman_jacob

riverman_jacob Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Uh oh! Does anyone know what that means? iTunes Connect is so confusing!

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Don't worry about it. It's been happening for a few weeks now. The problem sorts itself out eventually and there's nothing you can really do about it.

5. riverman_jacob

riverman_jacob Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Cool, thanks! Phew!

6. MoHeyNow

MoHeyNow Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    There is a free version of P Vs S to whet your appetite till you can afford the full game :) It's amazing! (the full game that is, haven't tried the free one) Even with the tilt controls which I don't normally approve of...

7. alduinslayer

alduinslayer Active Member

Apr 8, 2015
    #27 alduinslayer, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    It just isn't my type of game

8. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Can't wait for this to release. PvsS was such a good game (and still is to this day). I have high hopes for this one.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    There's no one thing. I grew up playing brawlers and fighting games. I've always loved them over any other genre. Mortal Kombat on the Amiga was all it took, and I've been addicted to everything from TMNT to the arcade Punisher, Streets of Rage, etc. The Executive is the complete package, rivals the best in the genre and is an iOS original. That's why I'd choose it over everything else this year so far.

10. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    I have similar interests and your assessment of games always seems level headed and reasonable....I trust your judgement. I will be purchasing this game tomorrow based on your review.

11. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Just showed up in the US App Store but as usual it's no longer available. Every freaking week this happens!

12. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Pizza Versus Skeletons was a freaking masterpiece. I'm on this like pepperoni on mozza, when I get paid. And pay my bills. OH WHY DID I HAVE TO GROW UP

13. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #33 Delusionaltool, Jul 2, 2015
    Holy crap Metal that is what I call a review !!! Haha ill snag this up asap As soon as apple gets their heads out of their asses and fixes the god forsaken new release bug it is getting so old and is really ticking me off when i dont get a ton of time to game and when i do the day the game comes out and i cant freaking dl it!!! So beyond angry right now i am going to bed! ####

14. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Definitely gonna get this. But This App Store error is beyond comprehension....

15. alduinslayer

alduinslayer Active Member

Apr 8, 2015
    #36 alduinslayer, Jul 2, 2015
    I know, i need this game

16. stelluhreyesthis

stelluhreyesthis Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Seriously excited to play, no longer available thing sucks as usual, this is the new normal now though so whatever. Launch trailer looks awesome, hope I get a chance to dip into it tonight. I am starting to think that they have releases in the U.S. set til midnight PST now. Will definitely buy when it lets me though

17. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #38 Zeillusion, Jul 2, 2015
    Insta-bought. Awesome review metal, you had me sold. This art style is genious.

Edit: grr, item no longer available bug.

Do you really think they'd have releases set to midnight? Maybe that's why so many come out early now instead of the usual 11pm for the U.S. It is pretty strange, this has been happening for a month.

18. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Been trying to buy this for 90 mins#. I need this game.

19. stelluhreyesthis

stelluhreyesthis Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    I feel like it doesn't bother enough people to warrant it but I would really be interested in finding out why apple changed to this really weird/random release pattern. Maybe Eli and co will hunt down some answers if it keeps up. I bet developers know about it, they want to tell people when they can buy there games, if anyone knows tell us pleeeease. I miss my Wednesday night AppStore shopping sprees.