Universal The Executive (by Riverman Media LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im usually playing lying down so one finger isnt really an option for me.

I dont think there is a debate between one finger or 2 thumbs... It's all about playstyle and preference.

2. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I definitely noticed that I wouldn't block occasionally when trying to play with an extra digit on my phone. I think I was sometimes putting the 'block' finger on the screen slightly before removing the other one. I just switched to one finger after it happened a couple of times and have had no issues with the controls since, apart from the occasional flame kick when I wanted to do a strong kick.

3. Cool_Roxas

Cool_Roxas Active Member

Mar 25, 2011
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before. Is this game playable on iPad Mini 1?

Thank you.

4. banjankri

banjankri New Member

May 18, 2012
    I'm in the same boat.

I'm not sure I'd describe it as "short," in that it's taken me hours to get to max power/mining, but I still have 22 levels to beat and no further upgrades to acquire.

Great fun, but I feel like I've beaten the game and still have levels to grind through.

It would be great if there were some upgrades that were a real stretch to acquire.

Fantastic game. This and YMBAB are the best iOS gaming experiences I've had this year.

5. riverman_jacob

riverman_jacob Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Yup! In fact, I personally did a huge amount of testing on the original mini.

-Jacob

6. Cool_Roxas

Cool_Roxas Active Member

Mar 25, 2011
    Cool! Will grab this soon :D

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I love how skill based the game is, together with a minor bit of pre-planning where knowledge is key.

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh... One minor suggestion. On the results screen, can we have the stage number and rank (i think this is showing there already) displayed? Would be awesome to take a screenshot that shows A+ in all categories with the specific stage and difficulty rank showing. ;)

9. braindamaged23

braindamaged23 Active Member

Jul 8, 2015
    This is a very well-designed game, but considering the simplicity of the mechanics, it sure does take up a lot of memory.

10. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    Good idea. I'll add this to our update list.

11. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    super game. this and Hero Fighter X is all i ever wanted on my iPhone. guys, you rocks! LOVE IT!

12. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=265364][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265482][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265365][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265375][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265655][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265496][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265536][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265356][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265363][​IMG][/thread]

The Executive

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

July 2nd, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

13. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Is there a way to disable cheats? I miss the grind :)

14. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    To the devs,

Have you considered adding an actual clicking element since the economic side is close to an idle clicker? P

15. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    This question brings a smile to my face, because it reminds me of the circuitous conversations my brother and I had when we integrated this element into the rest of the game.

In short the answer is this: We consider the clicking element to be the actual act of punching and blocking. Just like in a standard idle clicker, the "clicking" (punching and blocking) starts out being the fastest way to earn money. Then, as you upgrade your investments, the clicking rewards are amplified and your structures earn more money than playing the game. Which is good, because skills get a lot more costly.

So in a way, there's already an actual clicking element, if you count punching werewolves in the face as clicking :)

16. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Is there a way to block an attack from an enemy behind you? Im on level 39 on manager and I cant get past the two medusas.

17. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Yes. Blocking works automatically in both directions. You just block.

Billy

18. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sorry If im a bit dumb but when I try to block, I just happen to attack the enemy behind me istead of blocking the enemy in front

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Lol... Tap on your character to block. Not your character's side of the screen. If you tap an enemy of course you'll attack.

20. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Bought this a couple of days ago its a awesome game #############