Universal The Executive (by Riverman Media LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jul 1, 2015.

1. sechssechssechs

Apr 26, 2014
    Had no problem with this whatsoever... Though I admit I did replay some levels to earn more money. Didn't take long (just a few hours altogether) to get maxed out!

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    What? I've only been playing a couple hours and im earning in the millions in 3 stage replays. The balance is tilting too much on the premium side. The income ramps up the more you unlock stuff. The income earned per second is a gimmick, the income comes from playing the stages.

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I replay to get 3 stars and not really to earn more money, and the money just flows in. Each run is only a minute or 2, so each set of income you get from replaying stages stacks really fast.

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    The more I play this game the more I love it. I think the balance is just right and have "leveled up" at the right pace. Going back and obtaining "A+" on earlier levels.

5. riverman_jacob

riverman_jacob Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Our hero is from a long lineage of silver miners, who started SilverStrike Mining Co. in the old country to produce the silver with which to combat werewolves.

6. Red Reddington

Red Reddington Active Member

May 26, 2015
    Exact-Psience is right. The economy is balanced so you make WAY more money from playing levels, with your bonuses for attacking, blocking, stunts, etc. than you do from the clicker/idle aspect of the game. Go replay a few levels trying to get "A" grades, and you should have more than enough money for the next round of upgrades.

There's not much new I can add to all the praise already in this thread, but I totally agree this is a fantastic game well worth the money. Keep up the awesome work, guys! Looking forward to whatever you do next, whether it's more Executive content or a brand-new game.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'm really glad people are noticing this (the fact that playing the actual game makes tons more money than sitting around and waiting). It's not until way into your upgrading that the idle part of the game really kicks in and the money starts flowing in.

Also, seriously...I love this bloody thread! We're almost into next (this) week's releases and there's still so much deserved praise for the Riverman brothers and this wonderful game. You guys are awesome.

8. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    After I posted I started replaying older levels to at least get an A score and it does seem to generate quite a bit of cash. Still, even when leveling up your basic defense/attack, it's quite odd to see it jump from around one thousand to thirty thousand or so.

9. sechssechssechs

Apr 26, 2014
    And I'm sitting on more than 10 billions without something to spend it on :|... enjoy being somewhat poor while it lasts ;)

Still one of the best games this time around (if not the best of this genre)

10. toomuchsoup

toomuchsoup Member

Sep 4, 2013
    Transportation
    Missouri
    Best Game Ever

I've been playing games for 29 years and this is one of the best games I have ever played. This game is like playing Super Mario 3 for the first time; just amazing. Just never stop making games. :)

11. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Think of it of a reflection of the real issue of income inequality. As an intern you barely make enough to eat (upgrade), but as you get promoted (progress), your income also rises. Sometimes at an obscene rate. Very true to life. Now all we need is an upgrade for "corporate bonuses", which would give you cash when you fail a level.

Anyway, great game. Addictive as hell, it reminds me of the old days of playing Mike Tyson's Punch-Out on my Nintendo. Which can only be a good thing.

12. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Yeah pretty much the best fighter/runner I've played since punchquest. Good job devs!

13. Morenar

Morenar Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Any chance of progress sync between devices? Got pretty faron my ipad and would love to continue on my iphone

14. Xtiangodloki

Xtiangodloki New Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Great game overall, which would explain why I have spent enough time on it to get myself to level 49 on the executive level. It won't allow me to access stage 50. Is this because I don't have an A in all of the levels?

I have unlocked all power ups by the early stages of the executive level. If you really want a lot of money crusher mining plus replay early stages in intern levels will get you there very very fast. The game is still fun even during replays which is nice. My only gripe is when you have enemies on both sides. The tip says that you can still block as long as you block in the proper height, but I am unable to execute the block as pressing the opposite side would execute an attack.

15. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    Check to make sure you don't have an 'F' on any levels. We are going to make F's stand out more in the next update.

Just tap and hold your player at the block height, not the opposite enemy.

Hope that helps!
    -Jacob

16. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    This comment means a lot to me, Mario 3 being tied for my favorite game of all time. I certainly don't think we could ever live up to that standard, but just the fact that our game has reminded you of such an amazing title makes me happy :)

17. r10k

r10k Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    The game is just brilliant fun. I just wanted to say that :)

I'm also in the iCloud save camp, if that's possible. It'd be great to play between devices.

18. Xtiangodloki

Xtiangodloki New Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Yes if appears that I skipped a stage. Once cleared I am finally on stage 50. It's pretty difficult haha.

19. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Fantastic game but I'm having issues blocking. Sometimes, when performing a bunch of attacks and then holding block while the attacks are animating, sometimes even though I'm holding block it does not sense that I'm holding block.
    Also are you going to implement some kind of solution for iPad owners so we can preform swipe attacks without swiping the middle of the screen. It feels super awkward and almost impossible to use in its current configuration.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im using 2-thumbs to play the game, and it does get awkward when the fight is generally on one side of the screen.

I think instead of connecting lines like "your legs to opponent head" is it possible to do "flick from your legs going to upper left (or upper right)?

That would reduce the amount of distance the fingers need to move on the ipads, coz that's the only uncomfy part for me.

Using silver hands isnt a problem since i can easily swipe with either thumb on its corresponding side, but swiping from left to right or vice versa with thumbs is quite a task.

It's still doable, so i dont think it'll be a necessary change, but it sure would improve experience on ipads, especially those playing with both thumbs.