Universal The Escapists (by Team17 Software Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Mar 2, 2017.

1. MobileOnTapYT

MobileOnTapYT Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2017
    #61 MobileOnTapYT, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    For the slow players like me. I have just started playing the second prison which is Stalag Flucht. It is even better than the first and presents a whole load of different challenges for you.

Take a look here:

2. MobileOnTapYT

Feb 17, 2017
    The more and more I play this the more I get the same recurring thought. I think this is my favourite game i've ever played from the app store.

3. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    I want to know this stuffs too! ........pretty please?

4. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    I'm a noob too so my replies may not be worth anything but...

1. No way to slow it down that i'm aware of

2. I performed my job too slowly once and got fired from it.

3. Many items can just be stolen from other cells, haven't touched the crafting yet (at least that's the way it is in the first level)

4. One specific inmate attacks my character on sight, i'd say there is a reputation system.

5. MobileOnTapYT

Feb 17, 2017
    Anyone made it to the last couple of prisons yet?

6. MobileOnTapYT

Feb 17, 2017
    Really struggling with the second prison?

Anyone made it out of there yet, thought I had a cast iron escape plan but it appears to be failing.

7. Notturno

Notturno Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Brazil
    fastest way is get strong and fast and beat all the guards at once in the rollcall, the main door will open and you can escape the prison (only works in first and second prison) the other ones will require too much strategy to escape

8. MobileOnTapYT

Feb 17, 2017
    Just managed to complete Stalag Flucht in one day. Thought I would share a guide with you.

9. uplaynation

uplaynation Member

Nov 21, 2011
    does this require internet to play?

10. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I think I can answer that: nope

11. XxkronosxX

XxkronosxX Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Student
    Springfield
    I am on the third prison now, which is a little harder than the previous.

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #72 Talbs, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    I am really wanting to like this, but I just can't seem to see the joy. It feels more like a chore to me. Everything in the game, and I mean everything is only approachable in one way. That's not to say there aren't multiple ways of doing something of a greater picture, like escaping for example, but each and every one of those scenarios requires specific knowledge of how to do it. And you either do or do not know exactly how to do that. Sure trial and error is "fun" but to a point, and that point to me is when it feels more like a chore. "Go get this" and "go beat this person up", make this and that in order to do this. That's my mine gripe; it's task after task, and you need to know what to do. I guess it's a form of being grindy.
    My other gripe is the absurdly small left thumb stick they use. Like WTH. Gives you zero float room.

Having said that. I have to hand it to the dev team. This here is a pixel-ish game, and they've somehow captured the mundane yet some how curious escapist logic of how I'd imagine it might feel like being in a prison having a desire to get out. There is routine, there is observations, and there is more or less only one way of doing small tasks, yet the combination of those small tasks will lead you to an end scenario that will be success if you do it all right.

I'm wondering what makes this click for others here on the forum?

13. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    I remember the PC version only let you save at the end of every day, does this version let you save whenever you want?

14. Distrak

Distrak Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    Dev
    World
    The game is very good, entertaining, and I do not find it expensive, there are games that offer less for more.

Yesterday I played 2 hours in a row :D

15. kahdmus

kahdmus Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Can't dig...braces on every square!!

Trying to work this out. Cannot find an answer anywhere after an extensive search either..

I have put wooden brace on every single square of my tunnel but it says I need a brace to dig further still..what gives? Please help, so frustrating! :confused:

16. kahdmus

kahdmus Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Never mind, I worked it out! Ugh, I was dropping them, not 'placing' them!! :( doh!

17. duxter90

duxter90 Active Member

Feb 27, 2017
    I'm on the second prison but its hard if you don't know what materials you need to craft...

18. dan_thompson

dan_thompson Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2016
    I agree! The game feels like a chore to play legitimately and offers no joy if you use wikis or guides to accelerate the process.

I honestly think the popularity of this game rests on the great concept as well as energetic let's-plays that make it seem more enjoyable than it actually is.

19. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    any plan to applicator mfi controller support?

20. SourMjolk

SourMjolk Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Found this to be a great time-killer for extended periods on the road.

It's overlay-controls are a bit wonky, and it can be finnicky to work with if you're on a smaller screen. I didn't try the alternative control method though, so that might work out better.

Overall a great game!