Universal The Escapists (by Team17 Software Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Notturno

Notturno Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Brazil
    Not easier, quite the same game but on your phone, you should give it a try now.. the game can be a lot of fun

2. MobileOnTapYT

MobileOnTapYT Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2017
    Can anyone advise me, I don't really know what best to do. Haven't played loads yet. But from this point shown, whats the best tactic going forward?

3. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Got to say I'm struggling a bit with the controls. For some reason I've been struggling to drop items? I've a full inventory but it only seems to be letting me drop one thing at a time

4. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    It's not turn based.

You walk your character around the prison and non-player characters are doing the same.
    So you can follow the others when they head off to roll call etc.

5. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Question

Does this game have controller support? Anyone know?

6. Dema9o9ue

Dema9o9ue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 16, 2015
    I'm enjoying the game so far but I'm having trouble with the game speed. Is this how fast the other versions ran? Guys zip around the map so fast I can't tap on them before they disappear. Lunch lasts about 45sec. Is this normal?

7. MobileOnTapYT

Feb 17, 2017
  8. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    It's fun, but there's already so much more in the series on other platforms. They could have upped the price considerably by bundling in a few of the expansions. You wanna cash in big time on mobile? You throw in The Escapists: The Walking Dead tie-in game that's on Steam right now, and you can pretty much name your price.

9. dan_thompson

dan_thompson Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2016
    The crafting system ruins what could have been a great game imo. I'm not going through sit there putting random items into boxes until I get something useful, but using wikis for recipes just eliminates any challenge or reward from the gameplay.

Game would have been better if it actually revolved around formulating escape plans.

3.5/5

10. Notturno

Notturno Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Brazil
    #51 Notturno, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Just got into the 5/6 prison, first time playing it and im having a blast! The game is awesome in all its ways :D

11. Notturno

Notturno Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Brazil
    #52 Notturno, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Do you even know that you get recipes from tips of payphones? The game is supposed to not use the wiki at all, i never went to see anything there and im on 5 of 6 prisons already. Btw i never played this game on console or pc, but i had my eyes on it for a long time.

12. dan_thompson

dan_thompson Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Nope, I didn't know that. It still doesn't change anything for me though, I still feel like the crafting system is the weakness that ruins this game for me. Crafting systems like this one only work in multiplayer games like minecraft as far as I'm concerned, where discovering and sharing your discoveries is part of the social experience.

I'd have preferred it if more time was put into the Ai and other mechanics to make this game more about memorising routines and plotting an escape route than learning crafting recipes.

13. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    The very same! Apparently I'm smashing the buy button right now. # Project X was amazing on my Amiga 500! And I still play Alien Breed on iPad. Now if only Introversion would port over Prison Architect and update Uplink on iPad ####

14. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    #55 Reaganomics, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    If that was on IOS, I'd pay $20 for it.

Update: I just read more about The Walking Dead tie-in. And OMG, I need this update to come to iOS eventually. It has a survival mode too! I might have to try crank up my old laptop and download it from steam. I need this game.

15. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Noob questions

Sorry, being a noob, I get a bit confused of what is going on:

1. Everybody is moving very fast, and so the events happening. I guess there is no way to turn the speed down, right?
    2. Do I need to do any job the top bar says (like laundry)? Once I get locked inside the laundry room and cannot get out!
    3. I see I need to do some "missions" of the fellow inmates to get "gold" which in turn, buy stuffs. If the mission is about obtaining certain stuff (e.g. ink), can I buy it direct from other inmates or do I need to craft them myself?
    4. I also find that I need to train my character up for some muscle jobs. Is combat really necessary? Is there a reputation system which other inmates remember what I did to/against them?

The game is growing on me!

16. MobileOnTapYT

Feb 17, 2017
  17. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    How to place the poster on the wall in the iOS version? Thanks

18. MobileOnTapYT

Feb 17, 2017
    Full walkthrough. How to complete Center Perks in 2 days. Easy walkthrough for those who are struggling. Offers some good tips for future escapes.

19. MobileOnTapYT

Feb 17, 2017
    How do you recruit people/get them to follow you on this? Heard that you need to do that at some point?