The End - (by Goroid Ltd.)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ive been following this since it was announced. 1 more week shouldnt be too hard.

This looks like another solid runner for my collection.

2. ethandude123

ethandude123 Well-Known Member

They just told me on twitter its coming out July 5th!

3. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Thats Thursday!

4. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Yup, Thursday, July 5th is the official release date.

5. FeNoMeN

FeNoMeN Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    boring...this days everyone use copy/paste games:mad:

6. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    #46 retr0spective, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
    @Fenomen

I will have to disagree. I think that The End is a prime example of the iteration of a genre, not a simple clone or "cut and paste game", as I assume this is what you were referring to. The genre in question, taking into consideration the established taxonomy, might be called the 3D Platform Runner. Although it probably predates this game on iOS, the genre was of course popularized by Temple Run. What seems to distinguish The End (much like Subway Surfers before it) is original artwork and the unique and creative introduction of new environment interactions and gameplay elements, while retaining the basic mechanisms and upgrade system.

Just to reinforce the idea, games like this are not mere clones, but genre iterations. For more on what constitutes a video game genre and how this differs from the use of the term genre in other media, see http://bit.ly/N21iny (Wikipedia) and http://bit.ly/MLFMTJ (On Game Design).

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Well to be fair, Temple Run has been copied many times I know, but there are a lot of good "clones" and I'm almost sure this will be too! Oh and about the good clones, they are Subway Surfers and Survival Run with Bear Grylls, hope this joins those two :)