Universal The Enchanted Cave 2 (by Dustin Auxier)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2015.

1. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #101 Solarclipse, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
    I was wondering that too. I was actually thinking about whether to new game plus, or die and restart as a new character and choose a different skill path...I wonder if I would get to fight the level bosses again?

Edit: dying starts you before your previous run

Overall, magic is underwhelming. Light strike, heal, and transmute are useful, but I otherwise think potions are the way to go. Especially because you can transmute the potions so you can keep them on your runs and build up a store, and the effects of potions are so powerful. Then go with the ninja build, as dodge and crit are the best way to go...

One fix should be that when you craft a potion, it is created to last x rounds, but if you get the perk to increase that it stays the same as when it was created. Not a major deal though.

I learned that if you transmute a crafting material, you can use it and the regular version so you can double up. (Which I think you should be able to do anyway)

2. DeNappa

DeNappa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    Well, the potion thing actually makes sense - you're crafting it with a certain skill level. When you level up afterwards and increase your potion skill, it's not affecting stuff you already created.
    Note that when crafting equipment, you can already use the same ingredient twice, but you'll have to enchant it in two steps. In the first step enchant it with the property of he ingredient of choice. In the second step, you can add the same ingredient, and you can choose from the existing enchantments another property to keep. This probably won't work for potions.

3. dustinaux

dustinaux Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    The main thing was exp and gold for monsters got boosted to include a constant * NG+ level + a multiplier instead of just a multiplier. So rats give 304 gold I think now instead of 4, making fighting the early monsters not totally pointless.

4. Diniden

Diniden New Member

May 6, 2015
    Software developer
    Excellent game. Simple in execution. Captivating with its drive to get the 'next best thing'.

I've noticed defense is OP and can drain the strategy out of it quickly; however, if you pace yourself and build in a way you find the most fun, you can make the experience an enjoyable one.

Story intrigue: 2.5/5
    Battle: 4/5
    Couldn't put down factor: 5/5

I tend to find games that aren't the most enjoyable but are decent can tap into my addictive tendencies.

5. Serven

Serven Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    That's really good, thanks!

6. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    Lol. Just realized crafting potions does not take magic and you can do it anywhere. Small game changer!

7. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    That sold me. Buying now.

8. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Loving this game!

9. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I've only just decided to start upgrading my potions.
    I hate deciding what ingredients to mix together :|

10. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Need a bit of help crafting items.. All I seem to be able to craft are potions.. I must be doing something wrong I'm guessing.. And I just realize your able to run away which is nice.. Having a lot of fun with this.. Currently I'm down to the 21st floor but had to use my wings and get out of there

11. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Potions can be crafted anywhere, but enchanting equipment requires a forge, which can be found on every fifth floor. Enchanting requires 15 mana per ingredient used, and one piece of equipment can have a max of 2 enchantments at a time.

I've got a question of my own: does insta-kill work on everything? Because it doesn't seem to work on some enemies eg it works on ice Vikings but not ice eyes :/
    And what's the best attribute to level up? I'm going with attack, as magic isn't extremely important.

12. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Thank you my friend.. Finally getting the gist of things.. Really enjoying this game I must say.. Reached level 32 before having to book it and use my wings.. #

13. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Made it to level 52.. I'm addicted to this big time.. Now I'm just gathering artifacts and stats..

14. furion00

furion00 Member

Apr 1, 2015
    At which hero level do you think you can beat the lv100 boss? I'm at lv 27 now and have been running 90-99 several times. Any tips on how to beat the big demon? Thanks.

15. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    #115 Solarclipse, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    Large potions will heal much more Than the heal spell. Replace regen enchantments with elemental defenses...And High critical hits; save Magic for healing in case potions run out.

I beat him at level 31, but on a second play through I am on dungeon level 50 on my second or third run so, your build can make a difference.

Oh, I also made a potions with two of the biggest desiccation mixes...that goes through armor, though on the downside it doesn't add to your crit damage. But yeah, mix up a bunch of potions for boosts!

16. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

Can you listen to other music/podcasts while playing this?

17. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I second that!

18. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Made it down to the 100th floor.. Got spanked... I've got some serious grinding to do

19. amsi

amsi Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Loving the game so far! I've had to take a break though, it's hard to put down.

20. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Great game, just like the first one. Even if i completed i'm goin' to complete it one more time. So addicting!