Universal The Enchanted Cave 2 (by Dustin Auxier)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2015.

1. dustinaux

dustinaux Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Was gonna say... here's the misunderstanding. You can use both heal and potions in battle. ;)

2. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I'd like to know this aswell!

3. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Not the same at all. 9th Dawn has much more freedom and openness to it. This is a dungeon dive with roguelike elements to it. Both are great, just different.

4. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Yeah, I didn't realize I could cast spells or use potions in combat either. It's nice to cast heal before I regenerate MP from the kill.

I also didn't get the crafting system—why ingredients had two properties but I was only getting the first one. Then I saw the choices in the upper right. Don't know why I didn't see that, but I would bet I'm not the only one to make that mistake.

I got to level 80 but winged out because I was taking g so much damage from these elemental creatures. I haven't found any armor that has really significant defense to all these elements. Too bad there isn't a defensive spell!

Any tips?

5. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    I caved (heh) and got this. It's a lot of fun, big improvement over the first game. I like how the villagers change slightly between runs and offer to sell or buy artifacts. The skill tree's also a nice addition. Sprite animations are really smooth too.

The risk/reward of pressing on towards the next checkpoint or using wings to cash in your experience, artifacts and gold give it a bit of a Dark Souls vibe, though in a resource management sense.

6. amsi

amsi Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Yep, I was afraid it would be this good. Nice work, although the UI could be a bit friendlier, the inventory a bit more smooth and easy to navigate, but I don't regret buying the game, with the exception of considering how much time I'll spend on it as opposed to sleeping!

7. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    #87 Duivs, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
    Just downloaded :)
    Edit: having fun! I have already experienced the sadness of death :(
    I gave some kid my wings and then I had to fight a goblin chief and I could have taken him had I not tried to run away haha.

The museum has a glitch with the items. I can get infinite items from it.

Just realised that there are NOTES left in the secret rooms. I have just been taking the artefact and leaving :(

Awesome game! One gripe is that you can't pan the camera...

8. DeNappa

DeNappa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    So far it's pretty fun. I agree that the ui can be a bit unintuitive at times. The skill tree (an dmaybe the map too) feel like they should have pinch to zoom in/out controls. The quick stat compare of equipment (red/green numbers) woulf be more useful imo if it also showed the actual modifiers ; a "green" in defense might not be worth a "red" in attack if it's +1 vs -5.

9. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Speaking of the balance of New Game+ I really wish the equipment, experience, and gold scaled along with the monsters. As it is you are completely dependent upon your old equipment which makes it rather dull. I do appreciate the higher level of difficulty though.

Otherwise really awesome game and highly recommended. I loved the first one and this one is even better. Would you please consider an expansion with another town? :)

10. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Bug discovered. I did the clear data hoping that I'd start a fresh run instead of playing new game + .. But the game starts again with new game + enemies (so no hope of proceeding whatsoever).

11. dustinaux

dustinaux Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Should be fixed in upcoming version 2.13, whenever Apple approves it. Been "waiting for review" since the release day actually. :/

Fortunately for this you can force quit the app (by double tapping home and swiping the game on most devices) and when you re-open the app the correct enemy stats should load!

12. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    What does decimate do?

13. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Great game Dustin, as good as the first one, so addictive! Keep up the good work! ;)

14. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Decimate has the same effect as bleed (Damage over time). However unlike bleed, enemies aren't immune against it.

15. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Wow, this game is way better than I was expecting. It's like a cross between the Mystery Dungeon games and Desktop Dungeons.

16. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I may have found a bug as well. I added some artifacts to the Museum and on returning from my second trip to the cave there are no longer there. I did sell some extra artifacts while on my dungeon run, perhaps the vendor allows you to sell items in the Museum?

17. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    The game doesn't autosave after leaving the museum. Did you deposit the artifacts and then restart the game and then go into the dungeon?

18. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=260551][​IMG][/thread] [thread=221693][​IMG][/thread] [thread=260554][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257640][​IMG][/thread] [thread=260719][​IMG][/thread][thread=260468][​IMG][/thread][thread=260574][​IMG][/thread][thread=260505][​IMG][/thread]

The Enchanted Cave 2

[​IMG]

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

April 30th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE:***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

19. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    It's possible I went into a few other apps and it got closed in the background. Is best practice to go into the menu and save after leaving the museum? An auto save would be great to implement at that point. :)

20. Serven

Serven Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Does anyone know what are the New Game + adjustments in today's update?