Universal The Enchanted Cave 2 (by Dustin Auxier)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2015.

1. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Well you can only keep 2 abilities.

2. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #62 Lull4by, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
    Game of the Month IMO, thanks Dev :)

BTW I have some questions for now:

1. Looks like the speed become a hidden stat now, is there any way to increase it?

2. Do quests influenced by the level? I went about 2x levels in one run, got the key item but the man who gave me quest not show up when I back to the town.

3. dustinaux

dustinaux Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    1. Speed is always the same in the sequel (pretty fast). I didn't like the idea of a stat like agility in the first Enchanted Cave that affects both character ability and game speed. Kind of like how Sprint Shoes should be on by default or at least not take up a relic slot in FF6, just kind of silly.

2. The town updates with each run through the cave when you use the Escape Wings. I don't think it's explicitly stated in the game but I've always thought of it as 24 hours passing each time you do that so NPC's come and go every time you come back to town.

4. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I'm Really impressed by this game. One question: is the only way to regain mp practically through crafting or picking up potions? I've only done one run but it seems like magic is hard to come by.

Is there a level cap? Just wondering about the skill tree and how picky I should be.

5. dustinaux

dustinaux Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    You get some MP regen items a bit into the game which will help out. No level cap so you'd always get to "choose a bonus" but there are only so many nodes on the skill tree I guess so that's somewhat of a cap.

6. Rythan

Rythan Well-Known Member

May 16, 2014
    This game has any replay value?

7. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    #67 ypai1217, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Just completed the game and got a kickass ragnarok sword for beating the boss. Now for new game + :)

Also are there any perks for completing the museum ?

8. VolkerE

VolkerE Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

roguelike? instabuy for me!

9. VolkerE

VolkerE Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Had a decent play, love it!

The NPC interaction and town setting etc. is nice but not in the way to quickly dive into the game itself.

The concept of retaining some incremental (gold) loot and stats works great.

The randomised floor layout is good, and there is quite a bit of tactic at play with skills, crafting and brewing. Without such elements, the concept would be a bit bland, in particular because fights can be a bit dull in itself and monsters are static. So it all adds up, nice game. And some of the graphics are really nicely done, love the bouncing damage counters when you fight something...

Now back into the cave it is!

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Couldn't stand the first game. This one is awesome.

11. netmute

netmute Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    I love this game! Especially like how the story explains the randomized cave and all the loot laying around.

The changing village and the rumors make it all so much better. All the other people there are just as anxious to get back into the cave as I am :D

12. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Bought this yesterday and look foward to diving in this week.. Stoked about all the positive feedback

13. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Great, great game.

Thanks so much dev!

14. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Love this Game!! (=

But just now something happened to take away quite some fun )=
    I lost probably a few hours of progression -.-
    Went from 40 to 80 in one sweep and I had full hp, really good gear and like 8 potion buffs and I still died to that boss losing everything!! )=
    That really is frustrating, especially cause I had no problem at all to beat even the dragons before him, so I was pretty sure that full hp+ 8 buffs will be enough...

15. netmute

netmute Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Your progress is saved every time you leave the cave. The longer you keep going, the higher the risk.
    It's one huge risk/reward gamble. It sucks for you that you lost everything :(
    But that's the core of the game, knowing when to quit ;)

16. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    How does this compare to 9th Dawn?

17. knokking

knokking Member

Mar 1, 2015
    #77 knokking, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Really great game so far :) only things I'm missing are some comfort functions (being able to look around the map by swiping and increasing the game speed a little when tapping on the "quick walk to the stairs" symbol would be awesome). I also encountered a bug at the museum: if you have the same item in your inventory multiple times and one in the museum as well, then tap on the item in the museum it will get added to your inventory but won't be removed from the museum so you can add an infinite number of this item to your inventory..

/Edit: Also the skill tree positively reminds me of the one in path of exile (best skill tree in a game I've ever seen!)

18. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Well I know that, but why should I quit with full hp, the very best equip I got through 40 stages and 8 different potion buffs I applied to myself? No idea how I can improve since I did already max most of the tree (not the+gold and +loot and potions part of it)

19. felder

felder Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    You should quit because failure costs hours of time and it only takes maybe 5 minutes to go from floor 70 to 80 after using wings. Blaming the game for this doesn't make much sense.

20. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    I just complained about the boss being very unexpected much harder than any boss before or the hardest creature up to that point ;)
    Don't get me wrong though, I love the game (=

And I just now noticed that you can use the heal spell in fight which practically doubles my hp, so I guess it was my fault after all ;)