Universal The Enchanted Cave 2 (by Dustin Auxier)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2015.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #41 VirtualBoyFreak, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
    Thanks dev for your detailed explanations. I also watched some videos of the gameplay (I think it was the PC version). Looks nice, and the fact of seeming endless but having a true game ending is nice.

One last question: after you finish the game, can you continue on an endless trip into the cave or do you have to begin a new game?

2. dustinaux

dustinaux Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    There is a New Game+ mode unlocked after you beat the game with multiplied enemy stats. No guarantees on how well that gets balanced after a few runs through... the main game was difficult and time-consuming enough to balance, so balancing every aspect of the game for multiple New Game+'s to infinity is rather tricky!

3. explosivelimes

explosivelimes Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Game Designer
    Louisville, KY
    Love it. I had no idea there was a New Game+ and now I can't wait to beat it just to play through it again. Ha, each morning since buying I have spent a good while running through 10 floors or so just to keep leveling my character. The crafting is also very cool! Well done all around Dustin. 5-stars

4. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    So I have managed to reach level 80 so far. Too scared to face this guy though lol.

Attached Files:

5. Gegoben

Gegoben Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    VIrginia
    #45 Gegoben, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
    I have read a bunch, but not seeing anyone else with this problem. I use wings everytime, and lose all gear:( why?

In my last run, had tons of stuff, left with my boots and a ring only. And again, i use wings everytime, pls help, a biggy is getting loot!

Can we only keep relics?

6. OrangeKnickers

OrangeKnickers Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Yes, that is the case. Only golden loot is kept.

7. Gegoben

Apr 12, 2010
    VIrginia
    Cool ty for response:) was afraid i was doin something wrong:)

8. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Liking this so far. Question. So if u put stuff in the museum and die. It's still there when u start over right? I haven't died yet and every time I start over I pray I find the wings fast.

9. Gegoben

Apr 12, 2010
    VIrginia
    Hi, wanted to assure u! I prefer stick, this is touch, and controls r perfect.

10. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    I think you'll find wings every third level you don't have them. So for example .. If you trade your wings to the kid on the 16th floor, you'll get it back on the 19th.

11. predator8u

predator8u Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    #51 predator8u, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
    Is it possible to patch EC1 so it will work. Just bought like 6 months ago.

I was on floor 49, since nobody responded to my last post I figured that it's just me. So I deleted the game and redownloaded it. The problems is still there... When I attempt to go down any stairs the screen goes black and a footstep sound is repeated.

God I hate iOS gaming sometimes. Not even a year after buying and I can't play. I have games on steam that I bought in 2005 I can still play. It's some kind of bizarro world that we inhabit that us hardcore just that it.

12. Gegoben

Apr 12, 2010
    VIrginia
    Um guys...lovin this!

13. dustinaux

dustinaux Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Did you clear the cache/data for the game? I suppose that would have happened if you deleted and redownloaded though. In that case it sounds like a conflict with an iOS update combined with the version of Adobe Air I used for that build. iOS updates have caused issues with the game in the past so I wouldn't be surprised. :mad:

14. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    I wonder if this was inspired by diving runs in Angband. Or there could have been similar games to this for a while but just wasn't aware.

15. dustinaux

dustinaux Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Hey, dev here. It was inspired by the Ancient Cave from SNES game Lufia II. Similar concept with random floors and only certain treasures you could take out, but most everything else is different.

16. predator8u

predator8u Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013

I feel sorry for you small DEV's it seems crazy that Apple can release a firmware that makes it so something that worked a month doesn't now.

If it doesn't take to much resources to fix at some point that be great. I'd love to compare the two games.

17. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Works fine on my 6+ and is currently my GOTY!

18. Shyft

Shyft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Come on man...I've already spent enough this week on games. How inconsiderate of you.

Oh wait it's Sunday now. New week! Instabuy.

19. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    love this game , btw once i have beated the game, does the equipments and skills remains?

20. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    about crafting, can you keep adding different ablity to one weapon or you can just add 2ablity on a weapon ??