iPhone The Ember Conflict (by Pin Wang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 1, 2014.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Having trouble with teatflight this new one doesn't recognise that I have it installed so when I click the link it just takes me to the store to tell me to download testflight. Tried reinstalling but still no luck, loads up a blank testflight with the appstore over it.

I could always swap to my canadian account but I don't like to use that incase I can't keep saves or they have something I may want to purchase at some point.

2. PinW

PinW Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Our account system is agnostic about where the app has come from, and all your purchases will be tied to the account you use to register in game. So no worries about losing anything no matter what Apple account or even device you buy on.

It's weird that test flight is not working though. I'd recommend contacting them to see what's going on (there's been a few issues, since Apple recently closed down the normal TestFlight website and do everything through their own website now).

3. Substantial_Xav

Substantial_Xav New Member

May 29, 2014
    Marketing dude @ Substantial Games
    Beijing
    Hi Ste86UK.

I know where that comes from :)
    When you click the Testflight link in your email client, it opens it in chrome, right?

Copy the URL in Safari and it'll work like a charm.

Let me know how you like the experience!

4. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    #24 Opheus, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    Very fun game I must say, download it and have been playing for over 2 hours. I am not sure about the balance though, so far I haven't lost a single game by using the one archer with increase damage item + two shield guard with increase speed item formation. The shield guards are quite tanky and can act as bait to lure enemies into archer range, then when their health are low, they can be used to kite the enemies as well. Haven't try any other unit yet but the formation I just mentioned is pretty sick.

I have some question about unit ability as well, what exactly does the Calvary Charge do ? It said +damage and speed to targeted unit. Does that mean the calvary get increase damage and speed against any units you target ? Also I notice that the calvary don't auto attack. Do I have to specifically target an enemy unit for them to attack ?

Also how do you increase your rank ? I win a lot of game but I keep stuck at Bronze III ?

5. Cherway

Cherway Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
    #25 Cherway, Feb 3, 2015
    General Chaos was freaky awesome! One of the best Sega games ever. If this one is more or less the same, it should be a napalm bomb! Is there any game play video on the net?

Upd: found on the second page here

6. PinW

PinW Member

Apr 5, 2013
    #26 PinW, Feb 3, 2015
    Hey Orpheus,

The charge ability triggers if you draw a line directly onto an enemy unit (line turns red and you get the animated orange crosshair). The line has to be long enough and can't be interfered with for the charge to kick in (there is a VFX and the damage bonus is very noticeable!)

Re: auto-attacking, they do! Let us know if you're having problems with it, we're still polishing things up including the combat logic.

Cheers,
    Pin

7. PinW

PinW Member

Apr 5, 2013
    #27 PinW, Feb 3, 2015

Also, if you want a beta invite on test flight send me an email at [email protected] or PM me here.

8. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    @PinW

Hey thank you for your fast reply

May I ask how do you raise your rank ? I win a lot of battle but still stuck at Bronze III, point 995. Also is it normal that all of my opponents are [officer <insert name here> ] ? I am quite sure that I choose 1v1 ladder as my game mode. Thanks.

9. PinW

PinW Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Yes, we've turned bots on in the ladder for now until we get some more users into the game!

10. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    Game Impressions

This game is fantastic, and only getting better and better. Anybody who enjoys strategy or tactics games will love it. I've sunk a ton of hours into Ember Conflict already... The gameplay is fast and furious, it's more eSport than anything else pitting you against other humans in live tournaments that last 1-2 minutes. It's got a serious "just one more game" feel to it...

The level of customization and variety allows you to develop your own distinct play style and wreak some serious havoc.

Also now they have an Everyplay community with tons of video replays to brush up on tactics and strategies: https://everyplay.com/the-ember-conflict/home

Plus, it has Pugs, Battle Tigers, Dinosaurs, and more! :eek::eek: SOLD! :D:D

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Will it be possible to play co-op against bots? Might not be in the spirit of online competition, but this functionality has made quite a few competitive online games much more accessible and entertaining for me in the past :)

12. PinW

PinW Member

Apr 5, 2013
    We were just talking about that yesterday. Definitely thinking about it though nothing is in the works as of yet.

13. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Iv been so hyped for this game ! Finally out! Be back here after I have a few hours under my belt !

14. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Pretty dang cool so far. Love the battle system, fell like my choices in tactics matter. Early in but nice

15. EpicGamerDude

EpicGamerDude Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Oh my God. The production value of this is INCREDIBLE! The music, the graphics, the art, the UI especially, just sparkles. Haven't played much in term of gameplay, but my first dip has really blown me away.

16. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    .... Iphone too :)

17. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #38 Ayjona, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    Out worldwide, no?

This is a very smart, polished, compact and accessible competitive multiplayer RTS, without the sacrifice of tactical depth or variety, with a strong sense of progression, and no paywalls, absolute limitations, purchased competitive advantages, or other freemium shenanigans.

Recommended to anyone who enjoyes realtime strategy.

It would be a huge boon to players of my ilk! Co-oping against bots has brought a new dimension to MOBAs like LoL and HotS for me and my friends, and is sometimes the only reason we play online.

18. PinW

PinW Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Ya, we're out worldwide now.

Also, we have any entire limitless coop campaign mode in the works, just a matter having the resources for it.

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Mods, have at it (the thread title)!

Here's to hope. And resources.