iPhone The Elder Scrolls: Legends (By Bethesda)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 22, 2017.

1. oldman23

oldman23 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2016
    I finished story mode received all the rewards but it keeps saying need to finish chapter 3. And for the life of me I can't beat narafin or whatever his name is again. I I mean the AI will pull out 3 narrfins in a row that do 10 damage he always has the right cards. Enjoy the game Iam level 13 disappointed with mad prince pack more of the same cards but I did get ledgendary 12 card

2. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #82 houseofg, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    All set!

Trying my first spells word today for a daily. Having quite the HS card collection I am SO not used to having to sub in cards, which is all the more glaring with 50 card decks!

What does it mean when a deck is "Token"?

And what are "creatures"? Is that the equivalent of beasts in HS or something broader? Seems like the latter but it isn't well explained, which is unfortunate because that keyword is used a lot.

Feels a bit dinky how the game crashes anytime I come back to it after having it in background for awhile.

3. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Been playing since beta and love it. I want to play it on my phone though add I usually don't drag my iPad around with me. A bit of topic but for those that love TCG/CCG games you should also try Duels X Machina it's freaking amazing. It's on JP app store with American/global release soon. It's by far my fave of the genre with Gwent and legends right behind.

4. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Hope someone got in touch Eli.
    Good idea.

5. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Yeah, I had played beta for a while as well, but I really don't wanna go back to it till it's available on my phone. I don't wish to drag my iPad around either #
    Also, thanks for the advice for Duels X, sounds really interesting and I've never heard of it, definitely will check it out. If you have not checked out Pathfinder Adventures, even though it's more pve based...it's done very very well...I absolutely recommend it, you can unlock every new adventure with in game gold too.

6. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Having to fill a 50 card deck with a thin collection has definitely been a challenge for me as well. But I have to admit I've been enjoying it, my deck building skills have definitely improved since my early HS days, when my skills where in the "trash tier". So far I've only lost 2 games out of 14 in Casual mode using my home brewed decks, though it's clear I'm being matched against other newbies. So I'm sure once I venture over to Ranked I'll be thoroughly humbled by refined decks and skilled players.

Not sure what a "Token" deck is, but now I want to know too....

Based on my experience so far I was assuming "Creatures" was TESL's word for Minions. But that's just my assumption, I'm still learning here too....

And though I haven't experienced any crashes, TESL could benefit from a little more polish overall. The UI just screams.... functional.

7. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    The Fall of the Dark Brotherhood expansion has been released. Just purchased, $20 for all wings, with 40 new cards. Has a similar layout to the Hearthstone adventures. Great stuff so far.

8. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Just can't seem to win. Frustrating when there is a long soft launch. Wish everyone started at the same time. Bunch of folks with a big advantage. Imho.

9. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    That's definitely true, they've had more time to build their collection and learn the in's and out's of different decks. But I've been doing pretty well in Casual mode, though I haven't given Ranked a try for the very reason you mention. No need to face optimized decks at the moment, at least not until I have better deck options.

The best way to win as a newcomer (and I found in HS as well) is to use cheap Aggro decks. Low curve is where it's at, you do not want to get into a long game without the proper tools at your disposal. I would suggest focusing on card synergies, a low curve, and a fast playing deck. And whatever you do, do not bother with the pre-built decks that you unlock during the tutorial, it's like they built them to make new players lose.

10. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Thanks. I'll give that a go. I'll let my ego go as well and move to casual. Thought, since I play a ton of hearthstone, I could just jump in to ranked, but, nope.

11. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #91 houseofg, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Great advice. Budget action mage seems to be one of the more attainable and effective decks early on.

I did well with it in casual. I've stuck to casual and solo arena (which I LOVE) thus far. The few ranked matches I've tried thus far usually did not end well for me!

I'm currently in love with the budget midrange sorcerer (after falling in love with battle mage during an arena run but not being able to make a decent constructed deck yet!). That has gotten me through the first wing of Dark Brotherhood up to the last battle (Docks). Looks like that one will require something specialized because of the timer and shackle lane. Have you beaten that one yet, Jake?

12. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    Yeah, I'm almost done with the new content, working my way through the last wing. They've definitely outdone the HS adventures with this expansion. It follows the same track, but I find it much more satisfying (challenging) than the usual HS adventure content.

I'm not sure what particular deck I used for the stage you're on, I pretty much made a new deck for every level, since every level has special rules. You're best bet it to build a deck that exploits the special rules of that particular match, even if it's a deck that seems suboptimal. Also pay attention to the class colors the AI is playing as, it's usually a good bet those classes have the exploits you need. But I'll revisit that level if you get stuck on it, let me know.

And, yeah, I completely agree, Solo Arena and Casual are the best modes for newer players like us. Even though Solo Arena definitely gets tougher once you reach rank 1, it remains the best use of 150 gold. And Casual's matchmaking seems pretty solid, I've never felt overwhelmed or "out of my league".

13. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #93 houseofg, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    I'm not sure what level I am in Solo. That coin said 7 but that can't be right (also wasn't yet my number of wins for that run though).

Got past the Docks last night. I just ignored the right lane for the most part and attacked from the water, despite losing a round to shackle.

I'm well into the third wing now but HS is stealing time too, as you know! The pig mission was a trip. Definitely a well done adventure, including the forked decisions.

14. YouGotHeadshot

Dec 1, 2013
    iPad only? Are you kidding me :(

15. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    Soooo,

In all seriousness... a 20 buck add-on? How is it? Truly worth only 40 cards? Decent story?

I finish the first campaign, bought into all the "special" packs. Sucks to need 20 bucks more. I'm terrible at drafting and get destroyed in friendly games. Definitely need to L2P. My synergies work for me, but not necessarily in real games. Against the computers it just destroys.

16. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I definitely think it's worth it. I'm new to the game but the story battles are well done and, more importantly, I can see a LOT of these cards being core to decks. They did a really good job with it.

The possibilities among all the mechanics, combos and other strategies in this game are dizzying. How they do that and still maintain balance is beyond me. In other words, I think money can be well and safely invested in this game.

17. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    #97 HotHamBoy, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    I'm definitely not at the point where I want to spend money on the game.

As a nearly 3 year Solforge veteran who spent hundreds of dollars on that game just to have the devs cease work on it and shut it down (it now lives on a small server with a tiny and dwindling playerbase) I am quite wary about becoming a paying customer in a CCG.

That said, the game is fun and well done. I'm not going to spend $20 on the expansion but I am considering saving my gold for it instead of buying packs.

1000 gold can unlock act 1 or buy 10 packs. What's the better investment?

Edit: maybe I'll buy that $5 starter set...

18. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    I take it my low curve you mean plenty of low cost and middle cost cards? Leave the 7+ alone? Is that what you mean?

19. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Correct. The more efficient you can be about populating (preferably buffed/sticky) creatures onto the board, at the lowest mana possible, the better. The AI can really make some questionable choices, I assume on purpose at lower arena levels.

Got my first complete Solo Arena run yesterday! Had two losses to spare too. Lost my first battle and that was it.

20. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I forgot to thank you for the great of confidence (even if it was only based on my overenthusiastic presence in this thread ;) )! Would have been lots of much fun to have been the resident TESL savant at TA.

I lost focus on this thread (but never the game) for a while. But I'll make sure that I stop by frequently, so come at me with the TESL questions, new folks (and veterans willing to take advice from someone who potentially knows less than them)!