iPhone The Elder Scrolls: Legends (By Bethesda)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 22, 2017.

1. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Any advice on mana curve when deck building. Does it follow the same basic premise as HS?

2. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Haha. Yeah I'm trying to at least stay disciplined in not hanging onto gold (enhanced art or whatever they call it in this one) cards and to mercilessly soul trap them until my collection is much better, as I did in HS. Watch some streamers last night. So much I don't have!

Just playing budget action mage for now (and even that is patchwork). Only won 3 in Solo Arena but have won my first two PvPs via pretty nice comebacks. I'm a beast...haha!

I assume that if I am going to buy packs (still pondering Madhouse too per your rec) I should wait until the expansion. Or maybe it matters not while I'm only at 50% core.

I'd be down for TA matches sometime in the future. I'm a deer in headlights at the moment. May lose my focus on this a bit during the HS expansion too.

3. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Madhouse is a really good buy....not sure how much it was during soft launch when I bought it, but it sets you on your way nicely.
    Have spent £20 on packs and I'm now at 70% of collection focussing on mid level archer - originally swindlers market orientated but now it's more about control.
    The official forums have some good deck links and also recommend legends-decks.com for more up to date choices.

Much prefer this to HS and also over Faeria. Just feels like Bethesda are in it for the long haul.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

5. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #65 houseofg, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Glad you're doing that! Seems like Ayjona would be perfect (not to raise someone else's hand for them!).

6. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #66 houseofg, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Alright, sold! I do love that it's got 3 of everything and done.

Edit: Forgot to ask- does avatar selection really affect what you get from packs (per the descriptions)?

7. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Avatar, or rather, faction choice, affects what level up card rewards you get.
    There is an in depth post on the official forums from way back - fascinating read as there are some potentially very useful cards to be earned early on, including legendary.
    I'll try to find the link.

8. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Cool, thanks. Right, I knew it was the faction and not just a particular avatar but couldn't remember the term the game uses for that distinction.

Oh yes, card upgrades. What a cruel thing to do to noobs! I have no idea this early on which to choose!

9. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    Wish I was the guy. This definitely has my attention, but much to learn. Strong CCG, IMO. Taking much of my HS time. I'll be glad when you get someone. I love reading the HS roundups. FYI. I'm loosing a lot, can't quite catch the meta yet. The 50 card decks throws me. I'm used to 30

10. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Still not available on indonesian appstore T_T

11. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    I know how you feel. Hearthstone is my usual go-to game, and the only digital CCG I've stuck with for the long haul. But Legends has me completely smitten, and my Hearthstone time is down to completing my daily quests and logging off. I actually did the $50 Un'Goro pre-order a couple of weeks ago, but Legends had me partially regretting that investment. Almost wishing I'd put that money into Legends instead, I am on a entertainment budget after all. But $50 for 50 packs is a good deal, and I don't plan on quitting HS, just on spreading the CCG love around.

I will say that the 50 card deck and mixed classes threw me off a little at first, but once you adjust, deck building in Legends is one of it's highlights in my opinion. I'd suggest start with a low curve, mostly 2 and 3 mana cards, focus on synergies, and don't overuse prophecy cards. They're powerful, but mostly cost too much for their effect, and can really hurt your hand. When selecting Prophecy cards, ask yourself, is it worth the mana cost if I have to play it from my hand? If not, it's probably a risky card to include. I'm now finding plenty of success after adjusting from HS, completely dominating Solo Arena, and doing pretty decent in my Casual matchups. I haven't bothered with Ranked yet, my collection is still too thin to start dealing with refined meta decks.

12. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    Thanks for the tips.

13. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #73 houseofg, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Yeah I'm in the same boat with HS. The stale meta is killing me but the expansion should fix that next week. I'll keep a foot in both games as well, which is saying a lot for this game. I routinely try and then blow off other CCGs to focus on HS.

I've bought a starter and $20 pack in TESL, so I'm somewhat invested now. I'll do Madhouse with gold because that one is not feeling critical at this stage. Oh and I'll have to buy the story expansion of course...haha!

14. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    Yeah, I did the Starter, the Mad Prince bundle, and the Madhouse collection ($20 total). So I'm definitely invested in this game as well. And you're absolutely correct, the Madhouse collection doesn't seem to add that much value for the price. I've been using exactly 1 card from that collection since I've bought it. But I'll definitely be buying the new story expansion as well. Those new cards look like they'll have a big impact for sure.

Can I just restate how awesome Solo Arena is? 150 gold just netted me 130 gold, a Legendary, and 3 card packs! Just hit rank 1 in Solo Arena, and though the difficulty definitely ramps up over time, the learning curve isn't very steep and the rewards are very generous.

15. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    I dove headfirst into ranked after the story. Taking a lot of lumps but learning. A lot of lumps may be an understatement, but it makes the victories sweeter...ish

16. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Nice! What kind of deck are you running? I have only done solo arena once and got 3 measly wins, but even then I could swear I got 130 gold back..? Maybe I'll focus on arena (plus casual) instead of saving up for Madhouse for now. That $20 pack purchase only got me from 50 to 54% core...haha! I do love that it gives you the percentage, though I assume that doesn't account for the 3 you need of most cards.

Oh and you can play 3 of the same legendary in a deck?? Ouch. That's an expensive concept.

17. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    #77 Jake7905, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    I've been trying different classes with Solo Arena with one consistent theme: low mana curve= high win percentage, high mana curve= low win percentage. I won all 9 games 3 times, and usually get 5-7 wins. That's been enough to keep playing Solo Arena with my winnings/daily quests. Definitely the best use of 150 gold once you get confident with your drafting skills.

After my $20 investment I'm at 64% completion of my Core set. But that's in big part due to my Solo Arena winnings. And, yes, that percentage doesn't account for all 3 copies of a card. But it's still a nice way to track your collection. But I completely agree, after seeing that you can include 3 copies of a Legendary card in a deck, my wallet let out a scream.

18. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Good to know on the mana curve. I'm on a 3-1 run at the moment. I always seem to do a bit better when NOT looking at tier lists. TESL doesn't seem as social as HS (which isn't saying much!) but add me if you like- Bocaceia. In HS I'm Sazerac#11755.

19. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    Yeah, I tried using a Tier List for Arena, and had a similar experience. So I decided to just draft on my own, and it has worked better for me as well. I'll make sure to add you to both games. In TESL I'm JorMir, in HS I'm Alcaeus (not sure about the number, don't have access ATM). But I'll send a friend request.

20. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    Found you in TESL, I tried a friend request in HS, my battletag is Alcaeus#11286.