Universal The Elder Scrolls: Blades (by Bethesda)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NyxTowa, Mar 28, 2019.

1. McDeathUK

McDeathUK Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2015
    You are right the quests get awesome, but as your gear gets better, expect repair bills of up to 4k and only 1000gold in reward + whatever drops. I get a stock pile of gold (4k from jobs) before I do any mission quest now

I am close to level 19

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    True. One thing to keep in mind is that you don’t have to repair your gear after every mission. I keep an eye out on my primary gear and repair it when it dips below 100 health. I’m also switching weapons a lot and cutting back on my blocking (I have a dodging skill equipped). That has helped me build some cash for construction.

JasonLL likes this.
  3. Maillard55

Maillard55 Member

Jun 6, 2014
    So I downloading this. Made an account. Can't log-in to start the game. Do I need an "invite" because it's early access? Hopefully someone can let me know...

4. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
  5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Exactly — you need an invite. Follow ip4weather’s link to request one.

6. ForestCrunk

ForestCrunk Active Member

Mar 30, 2016
    I’m over it. Collecting limestones for days to build workshop, accidentally built a second laboratory. Absolutely no way to undo. Who needs a second lab anyway? Why is that even an option?? I was already losing enthusiasm for the game, but that was the last straw. Too repetitive and unfun and unfair. Deleted.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Two labs means that you can have two potions cooking at the same time. Same for two blacksmiths, two enchanting towers, etc.

8. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Was just talking earlier with a friend, we are both hopeful for what this game ‘could’ become down the road. My one concern? Fallout Shelter. Bethesda proved with that game that they are absolutely AWFUL at communicating with their mobile title communities. FS got a whole lot added to it over the first two years or so, but almost none of it was communicated/discussed in advance with the community, pretty much you never knew anything was coming until you were reading patch notes in the App Store.

Fingers crossed they don’t treat Blades the same way.

9. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Update coming today

10. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Don’t know if it’s in app or on the App Store under updates

11. McDeathUK

McDeathUK Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2015
    Nothing worthy of note in it though

12. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Had an enemy on a job drop two weapons as pick ups. I don’t know I’d that’s something new since the update, or if it’s just extremely rare.

13. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Interesting. Never seen that happen. Maybe just at higher levels.

Currently waiting for my boots to be tempered.

14. Vash85

Vash85 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2016
    It happened to me too today. Must be part of the update as it never happened before.

15. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I like the game, this is what was expected & it is fine except for some IAP set up.

-I disagree with premium currency being used for cosmetic things for your town.
    -I have never liked repairing weapons in games & the cost here is too much.

Example Shadowgun IAP to make your inventory doubled to 160 which is huge: I would like to see something like that here. An adventure game shouldn’t be held back by a small inventory. I know I can pay increasing amounts of premium currency to grow inventory but that is bleeding IAP.

Nothing is new here, but the IAP is harder to take from someone as big as Bethesda.

16. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #96 JasonLL, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Amen. The problem is I don’t know if there is a good way to monetize an Elder Scrolls game that is free to play unless you go the F2P MMO route. I think this game has a great presentation and amazing potential but I’m personally not excited to buy gem packs for opening chests to clear space or expand inventory. I want to support Blades beyond the starter pack.

If Bethesda doesn’t add extra chest unlock slots I would settle for a chest queue where after the timer of one chest is up the next chest starts unlocking. Is doesn’t need to be an infinite queue just allow me to place 2 - 3 chests on the back burner.

17. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land

One of your skills you can put points in increases inventory size

18. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    The standard inventory is not too bad to manage and you can sell inventory items to make space, if need be. I am assuming most people don’t like Bethesda’s “premium” inventory which would be chests and how they’re currently managed in the game.

I have not played Blades for a couple of days just to open up silver chests to make room for more silver and gold chests that are rewarded at the end of every mission. If I wanted to open all my chests, without premium gems, I probably wouldn’t be playing for a week.

19. honeybadger

honeybadger Member

Sep 8, 2014
    In case this is useful to anyone else, I was clicking around last week and noticed if you click “store” from the menu there is a daily free gift. I’ve gotten two gold chests from this so far.

Asp likes this.
  20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    The daily gifts are pretty hefty. Nice thing is, as you level up the blacksmith shop, the gifts (as well as what you get from chests) get better.