Universal The East New World (by gang du)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #81 Qwertz555, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Edit:
    Nevermind my post below. I got enlightened how to solve this problem. And it worked out.
    i equipped the Water stone to reduce resistance. Honestly, i never read the very slow scrolling description, that's why i missed the magma part

I lied...missing this money chest in world 3-2.

I can't triple jump out anymore. Stuck. No other way to go in/out, nor found a box to push in...right?

Attached Files:

2. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    This.

3. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    I got a coin gem, and a "wind"(?) gem, but I have no idea how to use them. Where are they, what are they for, and how do I use them?

4. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

Only 4 reviews on the US App Store thus far. Thought people would be all over this game by now like they did with Sword of Xolan and Goblin Sword

5. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    To use them you first have to find the cage with Alisa and rescue her. That opens a shop on the menu screen.
    The same goes for uncle Grey (weapons), Susan (powerups) and Lolita (free coins). They're all in the first world. Relatively early on, i think. Explore.

Alisa's Kongfu Hall lets you unlock acupoints to fill in the found gems. They're permanent.

@Nina
    Is it Lotita or Lolita (typo) or rather Katherine, lol.

6. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Awesome! Take my money!!!

7. Fa.Ve

Fa.Ve New Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Thank you for the great game. it chained me for many hours. at the moment i try to complete the rest of the lvls (chest and crystals) and i see forward for the last chapter.

but i have a question about the lethe stone. since the update i try to change a defense stat on the "top speed sword" in an attack stat, preferably lifesteal. so far it has not worked.

is a defense stat not changeable in an attack stat or is it all about luck?

once again thank you for your work

8. modus_ataraxia

Jan 7, 2015
    #88 modus_ataraxia, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    I was hoping this wasn't the case. I found one of the stones (Wind Stone?) in a chest, and the other two as achievement rewards (Coin Stone and Search Stone). None of them show up as available in the gems section, or useable in her shop. I can see the reward section unlocked, and I double-checked the chest I got the wind gem from. I already collected it, and it's gone from the level.

The only gem it shows available is a +1 attack gem, nothing else. Maybe the stones are in a different place than the gems? I have no clue.

9. xDiamond

xDiamond Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Once I heard this was similar to Goblin Sword and Xolan, and it's receiving praise, I instantly bought it. Goblin Sword is perhaps my favorite iOS game. I look forward to trying this!

10. NinaHuang

NinaHuang Active Member

Feb 1, 2016
    You need to find the Triple Jump Stone.

11. NinaHuang

NinaHuang Active Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Coin gem can help you to collect the coins, and the water gem can help you reduce the resistance in water.

12. xDiamond

xDiamond Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Okay, so I've played a few levels since last night, and here are the tweaks I think this game needs to be great:

-Find someone who speaks English as a first language to fix the numerous grammatical typos. They're everywhere. It's a little charming but ultimately comes across as poor design, in my opinion.
    -"Armor" and "Armour". Armor is American, Armour is British. You have "Armor" as the tab, but every piece of equipment is spelled "Armour". Consistency!
    -The gems and coins from enemies and chests go flying everywhere when they pop out. I think you need to reduce the distance they go, as it becomes a wild goose chase over and over. It's annoying. I don't think anyone really wants to chase after them so much.
    -Unlike Goblin Sword or Xolan, there is a lot more to manage here. I think you need better instructions for all of the different items/sockets/equipment. Which also means you need to hire someone who can write fluent English!
    -In the Options menu, when adjusting the button layout, I was able to open Facebook and Twitter. Make this not possible.
    -Inside the house, you can press the jump/attack buttons on the right and hear the sound effects unintentionally. This shouldn't exist.
    -I think you should adjust prices for some of the items. The armor is essentially the same, and they cost the same price, too. This is boring. In Goblin Sword, the armor does nothing, but they all look different. Adjust prices to coax players into trying different armor!

I like almost everything else about the game. The graphics are better than other games like it, the animation is fluid, the levels are seemingly designed well (From what I've played), the enemy variety is good, the weapons are cool. Keep it up! Quality products lead to more $$$.

13. NinaHuang

NinaHuang Active Member

Feb 1, 2016
    :D:D
    Hi, I really appreciate your suggestions, we will fixed the problems and think about how to make it a better game.

14. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    So I am halfway through the first world and my magic button has disappeared. My only available buttons are jump and sword attack. I really can't beat the level I'm stuck on without my magic attack. Is this a bug Or something I accidently did or what?

15. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Everything is already answered in this not too long thread, but since i'm here, i'll help you, of course.

Only the default sword comes with that special button/weapon equipped. You changed your sword, right?
    Go to Alisa's Kongfu Hall (if you rescued her already), select Skills and obtain/buy that special button again. That goes for every new weapon you equip later on, due to my experiences. For easier navigation, these skills should be in Uncle Grey's smithy shop anyways, but it is how it is.

16. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
  17. modus_ataraxia

Jan 7, 2015
    How do you actually equip the stones? I'm supposed to have 3 of them, but they don't show up in the acupuncture place.

18. NinaHuang

NinaHuang Active Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Did you change your weapon? Some of the weapons don't have the skill, which means it won't have a magic button for it.

19. NinaHuang

NinaHuang Active Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Go to find Grey, and click the armor, click any icon of the armour, you will see the slots, and set it.

20. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    I've never posted more in one thread...
    Yep, i love this game. But with the latest new encountered trap...

Without some helping changes in this game, i'm done. Not uber-skilled people who are playing know what it means to have reached the Fire World 3-11 and found all chests and only missing two diamonds, this far.
    Playtime? No in-game stats, but i would be very surprised. You'll get many hours for two bucks!

My dear Devs, if you want more customers to see the end of your beautiful game, than change:
    - armor 1000: minimum 5 slots
    - enhancing only gets better, NEVER down
    - when hit, give the character two seconds more invulnerability!
    - maybe more HP in rarely found potions
    - the chest, which activates the switches, shouldn't be destroyable

And i have to agree, and with all my respect to not native english speaking developers...to work on your game by listening to this english speaking forum (or others), you need to have a very good english speaking person. Only this way you can improve your game faster and to a better one, imho. Hope this is seen constructive, only.