Universal The East New World (by gang du)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 23, 2016.

1. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Lol. That's how I've been playing too. Rush through and grab whatever I run across and kinda learn the map, then go through for realsies.

I've only bought one "armor" (200 coins) and was pretty bummed that it was only cosmetic. I think the expensive ones actually help out.

3. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Why did I lose my fireball when I equipped new weapon?

4. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #44 Qwertz555, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    Yeah, no direct plus stats, on the cheap 200 coins armors at least. But you found out by clicking on the picture, that you can equip up to three special stones (eg. magnet/dash, found in chests), right?

I was grinding a bit for a 1000 armor, but after i wouldn't have had enough coins to unlock all the slots. I expect minimum 4-5 slots.

@Duke12
    It's a bit of a pain. Not every weapon comes with an unlocked slot, but you can buy it for 500. And you have to buy a skill for every new weapon. And if you want to change the skill, it looks like you'll lose the other one (in-game description).
    I don't like this really. I paid for it and i would like to switch between them. I had to do this for the Katana and Rosebush, too. It is how it is.
    Oh, and watch out your for the yellow frame. I just sank a 500 coin skill on the wrong one (green ok sign), argh!

5. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    How do I unlock weapon slots, I only found enhancing and armor slots?

6. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Go to Alisa, Kongfu Hall, Skills, chose weapon (yellow frame), obtain.

7. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Bah, apparently I havent found her. No wonder I was confused, cheers.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    PocketGamer just did a quick post on the game.

Hopefully, they'll do a full review.

9. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    So people who prefer premium games are full of crap unless they buy every premium game, regardless of genre or quality? I've probably spent thousands at the app store, but only on the kinds of games that float my boat. This looks cool, but I don't love platformers on mobile devices, so this zealot will probably pass.

10. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Sheesh! The completionist in me is getting annoyed.

Anyone tell me what I'm missing trying to get the third diamond on Wind Grave, the sixth level?

It's killing me. I've jumped up and down and poked and prodded everything.

Or have I?

Yuck!

11. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    I only can speak for me...being a completionist in this game, i could never buy any new game for the next two months (considering my given playtime). Some are really bad/mean hidden, ie. my last diamond in level 7.
    up, between the spikes

And since there is no contour shown, if it was a chest or a diamond that was found, there is no way giving you a clou, sorry, except
    the secret path right behind the exit portal in level 6
    , but this was too easy anyway, i guess.

I'm stuck at world 2, level 13.
    Big time badass mean and difficult one, even to complete it only. Man, i suck...

12. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Does this have Mfi support?

13. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Not in settings and not in the Devs description, too.
    Just to repeat, the customizable controls are spot on!

And to answer my own question about back tracking earlier levels...
    Found chest with a triple jump stone in world 2-14. Very, very useful powerup

This means, i finally beat world 2-13, probably MY most difficult level (this rather early on) ever in a platformer. Done with almost no looting and just concentrating to survive and find the exit at all.

14. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Just to make you feel better, I got my ass plastered on the third level 6 times lol. I finally had time to sit down and play.

Billy

15. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Glad to hear the controls are spot on! And I will definitely be picking this up tonight. I think the issue for those of us who prefer MFI controls, is that you are typically losing the bottom third of your gaming screen by putting your mitts all over it. So unless a game truly utilizes swipe gestures as the primary control scheme, I always choose MFI. It also makes it a lot easier when playing on your big screen via lightning to HDMI. Trying to hit a virtual button while looking up at a screen is a lot harder than with a real controller. Not trying to sell anyone… Just sharing my perspective.

16. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    This looks flipping fantastic. Buying now.

17. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Haha.. I just prefer buttons ;) To be brutally honest I don't really play any platformers without MFi support any more(!)

18. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    I reached the second boss in the second world. Ouch, a tough one. I didn't fight him too many times, so i did not find out his pattern yet, but i'm quite convinced already...you must find the water stone (in a chest, but don't recall the level in the first world).
    Without it, you'll be in more trouble to beat a stage in the second world, because the water resistance is hard. This means, you walk and jump much slower. And to beat that boss...hmm.

If i would start all over again, i mainly would concentrate on lives, weapon range and finding all chests. Oh, and don't spend any coins on a new armor. I bought one for 1000, but there are still only three slots, same as in your default one. And i still have to unlock two slots.

Since they're not answering my second email, i doubt we'll see anyone in here, pity.

19. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    In my experience, platformers are always better with a controller. Even the ones I played that had wonderfully implemented controls, such as Goblin Sword. Even if 98% of the time the controls function perfectly, that 2% that you just jump to your death because you miss the virtual button… Can drive you crazy!

20. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I'm missing a diamond on this level also. There isn't a spot on this level I haven't gone over a zillion times, yet I'm obviously missing something. Any clues?