Universal The Drowning - (by Mobage, Inc.) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 11, 2013.

1. The worldwide launch version of The Drowning was submitted to Apple yesterday! We are hoping it will be launched in the next couple of weeks.

It adds support for iPhones (4, 4S & 5) along with iPad (2, 3, 4, Mini) and iPod Touch 5th Gen. We've also done a significant re-vamp of the core gameplay and most UI screens.

Anyone in our geo-restricted countries (Australia, New Zealand, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland) can see most of these updates right now.

Follow us on Facebook for more info as we go towards launch.

What took us so long? We decided to add iPhone 4 support, and that was a difficult job :)

2. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    ^^^
    Good to know.Will be checking for The Drowning when it hits the U.S. AppStore.Price tag?

3. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    It's dena... I don't think it'll be premium... IMO the game will be freemium like other mobage games

4. It's a free game. If you object, imagine its $2.99 and just spend that much on some in-game items! :)

5. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    How bout a 2.99 iAP to remove energy (or wait times)? I'd love to see that as an iAP.

6. copaeci

Nov 2, 2012
    ID
    ^^^ +1 definitely I'll buy this IAP :D

7. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    still not out :(

8. copaeci

Nov 2, 2012
    ID
  9. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    ^^^

Oh man, it's free. :(

10. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    yup. can't say I'm surprised though.

11. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    anyone know how this game work on iphone4?

12. Vestid

Vestid Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    What type of replayability is included? Will clear some space if its likely to stay for a while.

13. Yes!

14. There are potentially hundreds of hours of gameplay in single player and there will be events hitting every few weeks with new competitions, leaderboards and prizes.

15. Vestid

Vestid Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Hundreds of hours doing what? Sandbox? Arenas? Side quests?

16. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Man, I'm really loving this one. I haven't quite gotten the hang of the controls yet, but I already prefer them to the typical dual stick setup in most touchscreen FPS titles.

Replayability seems like it will be pretty high. It looks like there are a lot of places you can visit and lots of things to upgrade and craft.

The graphics are really well done also.

The only thing I don't like is the whole gas can mechanic that locks you out when you use it up. I'm currently waiting 15 minutes for it to refill enough to play one more round. I assume I'd have to wait an hour or more to be able to fill it enough for several rounds. This is disappointing, but I get that's where the "freemium" part comes in.

Question for devs: Is there a way to craft a better gas tank or anything to extend it? Or is there (or could there be someday) an IAP to remove the gas thing altogether? I'm really enjoying this game and it's frustrating not being able to play it.

Or you could try the Real Racing 3 model and just lock SOME of it behind the timers, but not all. I'm having fun and just want to play!

Anyway, really rad game overall. I'm excited for the contests and updates and all that jazz coming up!

17. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    will ipod 5 have the same graphics and effects as in those screenshots?

18. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    not so sure but iphone 4 can play this
    however it's free you can try it :)

19. Those shots are iPad 4, so some graphical effects will be turned off for the Touch 5th, but it looks largely the same.

20. Sadly, no. Not enough RAM.