Universal The Drowning - (by Mobage, Inc.) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Oh, and thanks for the review Oceraux!

2. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    So when does the rest of the world get to try this? : )

3. If everyone in these countries loves the controls, we might open up a few more countries.

4. batmania15

batmania15 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2013
    #84 batmania15, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
    Open up USA and iPhone please!

It could always be a soft launch for the iphone 5 in the US ;)

5. twistedmind87

twistedmind87 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    #85 twistedmind87, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
    Just updated to 1.0.2 and the virtual sticks make this game alot better (its what I'm used too). The IAP is there to give you better weapons or more things (items) but I've got on fine without any IAPs.
    I like the scavenge for weapons system and crafting weapons etc (Like tomb raider 2013) the graphics are the best I have seen! Still working perfect on iOS 6.1.2 and iPhone 4S / 5. The settings menu doesn't quite function though but the rest is all fine.
    I can live with that, couldn't wait for this to get official iPhone sorry devs! I wanted it too bad!

6. twistedmind87

Apr 21, 2013
    #86 twistedmind87, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
    Also I must add : this game in my opinion is better without using the IAPs. So if by using this IAP style it means this game is free then I'm all for it!
    Bugs on iPhone : Settings won't toggle
    Dislike : Body shots seem to make the mutants flash white instead of bleed and no rag doll effects, the mutants just fade to air in a blood smoke.
    Like : Loads in seconds! Fluid, smooth gameplay, great visuals and concept, scavenge and craft weapons and vehicles, great quick and long play elements.
    Summary : Few bugs but overall an exceptional game. For this price (£FREE) you can't go wrong.
    Extras : 1.2GB space, 2GB required for mobile install

7. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    where you found iphone version?

8. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Indonesia please.. :D

9. twistedmind87

Apr 21, 2013
    Download the iPad app via iTunes. Then PM me and I can explain how to make this work. I won't openly post this information up.

The app is compiled for iPhone and all textures etc are iPhone scale, there is already iPhone support in the app, it has just been set to iPad only on iTunes.

Please also note this is NOT illegal or piracy and no changes are made to the app or any copyrighted materials. Just the info.plst

10. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    my ipad4 is jb but my iphone5 is not,so thats not possible...

11. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    End soft launch and bring to U.S.A.

12. iOSPeace

iOSPeace Well-Known Member

#92 iOSPeace, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    The Drowning

I Love the Game, im doing a game walkthrough but idk where i can post it? i wanna get people interested in this game even though the US doesnt have it, a friend from NZ let me get on his account and download it and id have to say it is an amazing game.
    But when are they coming out with the US version ?

13. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

I think it not good to play on iphone/ipod, just glance at it to see, almost like it would not work very well on them.
    Cheers,

14. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

15. Prodigy_BE

Prodigy_BE Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Is this still not out in the rest of the world? I'm guessing the soft launch proved that the Free to Play business model and FPS lovers don't get along. I once read an interview with one of the Meatboy devs, who's view on this couldn't be more correct: if people prefer the 'I'll buy some ingame currency' route in your game, rather than playing, then you're a bad designer. Now, that doesn't mean the Free To Play model is bad. I've spent 40 hours on Real Racing. For me, their system works. The game is always fun to play and I'm even thinking about spending some cash, just to support them (AND get that Aventador:)

To me, some game types are a real match for Free to Play (puzzle games, time management stuff like Clash of Clans), others, not so much. I hope the drowning dev uses it's soft launch data well and fixes whatever needs to be fixed.

16. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It should be out worldwide in July.

17. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    #97 PresidentZer0, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
    will there be a virtual stick option or only tap to move?
    will it be playable like the most fps like nova or modern combat? (controls)

18. killercow

A virtual stick was added in one of the updates.

19. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    good. but are we able to run and shoot at the same time?

20. killercow

You can already shoot and run at the same time, even with the tap to move option.