THE DEEP: new Pinball Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Habakuk, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    I agree, devs should be more aware of the page limit on our idevices. I tried the other main pinballs but WWP is a step above IMO. I'm not going to put 15 pinball apps on my 9 pages, so if the deep is worth it WWP would have to go! :eek:
    Under 3.0 it should be a lot easier to add more content to old apps, it should be possible to update WWP so that the deep can be added directly to the game...

2. svolskiy

svolskiy Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Kiev
    You need this one plugin
    I have same and I can tell you: 42" inch is much better than real pinball machine ;)

Look here, the low price of polished pinball game is good deal for customer. 1$ for 1 table, and of course you can choose which table you want. We do not want sell you boring or unneeded tables for high price, we are thinking customer should have choice when and which pinball table he want to purchase.

3. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Yes, but you can still use iphone 3.0 to allow users to add additional $0.99 tables to the base table in order to conserve icon space on the idevice.

4. svolskiy

Apr 5, 2009
    Kiev
    Yes, but this service still not clear for developers, I can tell you as software engineer. So, it's can be possible in future but right now AppStore can not provide this service for us.

5. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #25 salsamd, May 19, 2009
    Last edited: May 19, 2009
    Less than 2 months away for iphone3.0...will the Deep be released before this?

Models:

1. Each game available for individual purchase, with a unique icon for each game.
    2. Additional tables available for purchase within a base table. The icon then automatically updates to a more generic company icon to reflect incorporation of more than one table in the game.

6. svolskiy

Apr 5, 2009
    Kiev
    Yep ;)

7. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    YES! YES!! YES!!! :eek:
    I take it you're working on this, VoodooVyper? ;)
    :)

8. powersurge

powersurge Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    I'm not very good but I'm a huge Wild West Pinball fan so this is a must buy for me. I just hope the physics and overall game feel carries over. IMO Wild West Pinball is the best Pinball game on the app store right now. :D

9. henrykong

henrykong Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    let's hear it for a soccer pinball for iphone
    one with goalie and all

10. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    Well if I could use it to play games on I would have bought it months ago. But you can only watch movies on it... Or am I mistaken?

11. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#31 Habakuk, May 19, 2009
    It has one advantage that was not mentioned until now: The launch time of the game is shorter. When you have an additional (maybe even nice looking) cover flow options table (like in Pinball Dreams): More to tap, much more time to launch.

Having one table per icon: The most direct way to play. Launch it, one flick and play! I love this behaviour in Wild West Pinball. But I know there are some users who like to have extensive UI.

No please. "Life-size machines" stop game (or lose ball) when tilt. WWP doesn't. I love that. And they have no online scores. ;)

I have it too (and I've made an extensive review on the fantastic Apple AV cable in German-language with some videos and detailled photos in it) but it won't display iPhone games on my TV (maybe with jailbreak?). But it's nice to have audio out esp. for games with very good and natural stereo sounds like WWP (and The Deep I hope). Neighbours believe that I have dozens of real pinball machines in my living room. ;)

It has advantages. The disadvantage may be that we have to learn to manage our possible 144 apps on iDevices.

BTW thx for updating OP.

Yes. It's a real pleasure that we can have some very very good pinball games for our beloved iDevices. It's mobile gaming platform #1 not only because of this fact.

Here you have it, Junior Member. Not for iPhone, but they have some flash pinballs like WM Flipper, Flash Footy Pinball, Pinbrawl, Soccer Stars or World Cup Pinball :) (You'll even find Wild West Pinball there on page 2 - but it's a different game).

12. panoptic

panoptic Active Member

Dec 11, 2008
    svolskiy, if you don't mind, a couple of questions for you:

Are you and the gameprom development team a big fan of pinball?

What are your favorite pinball machines?

Thanks! I love WWP and very much look forward to The Deep.

13. svolskiy

Apr 5, 2009
    Kiev
    We are really often make a local tournament WWP game between gameprom team members after our conferences. We are pinball maniacs :)

I don't have a favorite pinball machine, or favorite programming language, or favorite OS, I am always opened for something new. It's a shared characteristic for all members in our team.

14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Yay!! Looking forward to this game, and I don't mind how many icons it takes up. I can't play 148 games at the same time anyway :p Any new screenshots for us pretty please??

15. svolskiy

Apr 5, 2009
    Kiev
    Ok, pay attention for the news in WWP ;)

16. j0enne

j0enne Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Screenshots look very nice! :)

17. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    #37 dogmeat, May 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2009
    VIDEO!!!

[hqyoutube]Nhj2J5YfMtY[/hqyoutube]

18. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Looks nice.. Will keep an eye out for this.. :)

19. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#39 Habakuk, May 19, 2009
    Impressive. The video shows the presentation screen. The same cinematographic camera flight over the 3D table like Wild West Pinball.

There are more animated elements: The treasure chest closes its cover. A swirly vortex. One of the ramps seems to be filled with liquid. Different docks and "adventures". The 3D elevated ship trunk seems to be the WWP bank and the gold piles the bumpers but there are additional side chambers. Very promising!

And what is that, devs? Thx in advance for all hints.

20. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Dang! Another vid I can't watch cause I'm at work :( Oh well, one more hour to go then I can bask in all the new pinball goodness :D