Universal The Dark Knight Rises - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

They will be Online again in around 01:30. I normally wouldn`t mind to set it Public again but I did kinda agree to that Time Window. Please don't ask me why ;)

2. c0replay

c0replay Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Heres some SS :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Game is well worth it, just with there was a combo system similar to Amazing Spider man...

3. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Damn so it's a button mashing fest. That means there's really not to much skill involved. With all these positive reviews though I'm still gonna bite.

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

If you have enough Skill noone will ever manage to hit you. If not, remember the Color Red doesn`t mean something good ;)

5. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Thanks sanuku. I kinda know what to expect now! Still jumping on this tonight

6. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Looking forward to this once it hits the us app store. :D

7. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    In the first screenshot, are the buildings in the back actually there or are they simply part of the background? Is it part of the free roam?

8. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Well, God of War is also a button masher. No one dares to say that is a bad game. Give it a try first, fighting does not particulary need deep skill to make the game fun.

9. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    #109 Leegames, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    yes and no!

You have a story mode which follows and spoils the film. But you can choose to level up in a spoiler-free sandbox mode instead and then continue with that char in story mode later. Both are accesible from the beginning. :)

Also pics here are from iPad 2:
    http://www.gamereactor.dk/artikler/122041/Ugens+mobilspil/

10. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #111 Delusionaltool, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    Sanuku your gonna spoil the movie for your self, i am not touching this till after i see the movie....too many spoilers the game looks fantastic tho...is there alot to do? i see there are gadgets you can level up. what is the combat system like? button masher? or are there combos? is it like arkham city lite?

11. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Thank you for all the effort Sanuku!! I love you in a non-homosexual way.

12. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    roflmao! Ditto!

13. Narutowolfwood

Narutowolfwood New Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Didn't see any one say this so I figure I'll say a few things. This is a great game and in the freeroam there is like a gta style system. We're if you start beating up crime you get stars well little bat stars. Criminals keep coming after you by the third star helicopters come. U can get on them and take them down. This game is one of the best I've seen on ios.

14. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

About the Movie:

I`m going to watch it 100%, sadly it does take at least another Week till it will be out in in Vienna.

About the Gadgets:

Yes, those are Upgradeable and do indeed Help a lot. There are even Missions where those little Tools make your Life easier or where you even need those to move forward in a Mission.

If you don`t just follow the Mainquest and keep making sure that Gotham City is Clean you should probably do fine and don`t have to buy any iAP in the Game.

About the Combat System:

It`s similar to Batman: Arkham City where you can Attack, Block, Throw, use later in the Game or right from the Start Gadgets if you buy them to Freeze your Opponent or to paralyze those, Jump on them from some Skyscraper,... well I guess you get the Idea ;)

You are Welcome...

15. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    How's the controls on this game, Sanuku?
    From the first vid graphics seem okay, fighting not as fluid as Arkham City, I didn't like that you can't push people off buildings by hitting them(can you?) but for an iOS device I'm getting it.

16. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Are there any people and cars except the thugs? Or is the city completely lifeless? :confused:

17. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

If they had add the "Push from the Building" the Game would have probably not find it`s Way on the iTunes Store.

Apple does have a huge List of Things that they don`t want to see in a Game and Making Humans drop from Builindings is probably among that List I would say.

If you are talking about the iOS Arkham City Game I can assure you that it`s not like that since you actually do have the Freedom to decide how you handle things your Way.

Example:

Instead of just hitting one of Kains Guys that was protecting a Bomb with my Fists I did climed up a Building in front of them, jump down it, flow around the Block and just when I was above them dropped a Bomb to make him go dizzy for a few Second while throwing him over a Car on the Street after I had landed.

18. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I was wondering the same. And if you beat up normal people, do the cops chase you? Btw, can you "steal" cars or just drive random cars parked, like you can in Gta?

19. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

There is a Reason why the Streets are so empty and not just because Gameloft was to lazy to add Cars and more People on the Street.

Just play the Game or watch the Gameplay Trailer or the Movie and you will know why...

Hint:

Folket uppmanas att stanna hemma eller om de kommer att bli dödade annat.