The Dark Knight Rises ™ - $6.99 --> $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by iND, Sep 27, 2012.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    ...or 3GS?

2. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I would say its okay-ish, sometimes it will crash or slow down. I recommend using something like an IPad but if you want to try, it's only $.99

3. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Well.. got it since it is hugely discounted and universally praised >.> . Spent quite a bit of time backing up saves and deleting apps to make space for it. Turns out I could only spare enough space(slightly over 2.4 gb) to install either The Last Express or this =/

..guess it is going to be a long while until I get to play this.

4. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Framerate (and textures) ain't great, but it runs good enough -- surprisingly good, to be honest. The main issue is the camera, but a better device isn't gonna help that.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I enjoyed this game even with the limited things it offers. Should be a good buy at $1 for anyone who hasnt.

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks Geeky.

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    So I picked this game up for the sale price, though who knows when I'll be able to install it.

Now the Warner Bros. Batman game (Arkam City) is on sale for the same price, and is a gigantic file as well.

Which one do TA members consider to be the superior game? Perhaps someone could answer before Arkam City goes back to it's original price :)

8. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis New Member

Nice! I picked this up but not played it yet but time to pick up the Arkham City one! All for some what decent Batman games.

9. I would definitely suggest this over Arkham City...This game certainly has a longer career...Arkham can easily be cleared in one short playthrough

10. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Still no answer so I'll try again...;)

IAPs? Presence of and how important they are to a complete experience?

TIA

DBC

11. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks a lot. It isn't just device space; my PC is down to 5gigs left out of 500. I bought a 1 Terrabyte external drive, but I am an ignoramus when it comes to iTunes, and I figure that if I attempt to transfer over my files, I'll lose everything in the process :(

12. This one is much much better. The other one is a simple IB clone. It gets boring fast. This one is much more unique and you control the game with joystick interface, so this is much funner for me. Buy this one if you have to choose one. The other batman game probably wouldn't stay on your phone for long. This one has potential, even though I have just started to play so I don't know how it will go.

13. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    gameloft.... one of many sales ;)

this one always goes $1 often

14. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    I've been playing Arkham City on Xbox recently and it made me realise what a good job Gameloft did on this game. Obviously they're not in the same league and the combat is really simple but they did nail the feel and basic gameplay of stealthily zipping around the city and using cover. Gotham looks beautiful and the voice acting/music are excellent. One of the best games I've played on my iPad.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The music is top notch, I'll agree there.

16. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Although I did buy the Xbox due to general frustration with these mobile games. Lol.