iPad The Creeps! Update

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D.Sync, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Finally, 3 more new levels and sound effect that most of us are waiting for!!

There's a downside though, all the current levels unlocked and high scores will be deleted. Luckily I didn't put much effort on it at the first place.

Erm where's the fast forward button :p

2. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    #2 Mew2468, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
    I'm used to getting my save data wiped out...*coughcoughsupermonkeyballcoughcoughenigmo* :).

Edit: Post number 100 :)

3. Wulfsige

Wulfsige Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    I don't mind this wipe, game is a lot of fun so I don't mind going through it agian.

And you always have the option of not upgrading, one thing I like about itunes, your not forced to upgrade to play.

4. colinp

colinp New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Didn't realize the game is on sale for $1.99 as well. That's the right price for me! Glad to see the dev supporting the game, all I have heard sounds quite promising.

5. Broward

Broward Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Jax, Florida
    #5 Broward, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
    This game cannot have enough good things said about it. The price to fun ratio is amazing.

Edit: I just want to say that I am in love with the sound effects. The new bosses are pretty cool as well.

6. romeo1

romeo1 Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    It really bums me out when an app wipes my previous stats. I think that the new levels will make up for it though.

7. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Anyone facing crashing problem when playing your own music?

8. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Phew. Got it before the price went up. I assume it's going back to it's normal price whenever the dev realizes the update is out.

9. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    The sale price time is extended. I couldn't resist any more and just bought it...

10. WOW_GEE

WOW_GEE Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    This game drains my battery so fast. Fieldrunners is nice, but this game just has a more comic/cartoonish feel to it that just makes it fun to play. Definitley recommend this, especially with the new update with sound and new environment

11. The Creeps! 1.1.0

Hi everyone, I'm the developer. I hope you enjoy the update, I put a lot of work into it! Also, I didn't mention it in the release notes, but I did make some performance improvements which should use less battery power. Also, you save even more by turning the sounds off. Sorry about your scores being wiped out, but there were a few reasons for that. The main reason was that the balance of the towers changed, the waves of enemies changed (and are a little harder now as some mixed waves can get past the towers if you don't target by hand) and the end of game score bonuses changed. Also, the difficulty in endless mode ramps up a lot faster (I doubt people will even get to wave 250 on any of the levels anymore). Plus many levels now start with towers in them already. Basically, so much has changed that your old scores just don't apply anymore, and for endless mode you would never have been able to beat your old scores. Plus there were some technical issues with the save file format change that would have made it difficult. I'll try to avoid wiping your scores in the future!

12. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    It's great to see a dev involved here
    I'll be sure to get it with these good feedbacks
    And be sure to keep in touch with this forum!

P.S pls don't reduce the battery drainage IF it will sacrifice major features for the game!! Like I said I'm not giving up awesome features for battery draining issue!! Clearly, if ur battery is draining you played too much and if u must, there's extra battery packs( mophie, incase etc.) u can buy ;)

13. wiesse

wiesse Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Love it, will keep playing until all levels unlocked.

14. Elysium

Elysium Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    #14 Elysium, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
    I'm disappointed in this game. I know $1.99 is pretty cheap but this game was very easy, and there is very little depth. I beat every level on the first try, perfecting (no creeps lost, all objects destroyed) half of them. I feel no desire to go back and play redo levels to get perfect. While Unlimited mode levels will surely get hard after 100 waves, the game simply isn't fun or rewarding enough to make me want to sit through 100+ waves just to see how far I can get.

The levels are far too similar and except for 1 or 2 play almost exactly the same. I did not feel like the difficulty ramped up at all as I went along, simply that it got longer, which was not necessarily added fun factor, and the lack of a fast forward (also painfully missing from Fieldrunners) didn't help.

The special towers are neat, but gimmicky, like TapDefense's shaker tower. You don't need them on most of the levels, and using them makes the easy even easier.

I certainly would not pay $4.99 for this. That money would be much better spent on Fieldrunners (comparable simplicity but much more fun/challenging) or 7 Cities (far more in depth).

15. agent59512935

agent59512935 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    #15 agent59512935, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
    Update increases difficulty much more

Hi Elysium,

I, too, did not have any difficulty beating the original version of the game.

However, after this update, the difficulty is much greater! Since I am sick and am taking the day off, it took me the better part of the day to beat the whole game.

The new levels are interspersed and require much more thoughtful placement of your towers and careful planning to destroy specific obstacles first.

I enjoy this game a lot and it's a very good bargain at $2. Fieldrunners is still my favorite because of the freeform maze, but Creeps has really great graphics, way better than 7 Cities, which is more like static JPGs where you sit around for 5 minutes waiting for things to tiny boring fish-like things to swim by. In Creeps, you really have to be on the edge of your seat, trying to target specific obstacles inbetween the waves or targeting specific enemies before they get away.

It's good stuff!

One hangup, though, is that I actually turn off the new sounds when I play. They sound very amateurish, like a single guy using only his voice (more like Desktop Tower Defense's ghetto sounds), and they're totally not at the same level as the graphics. There's no professionally-produced music, either (the only thing I like about 7 Cities is its very good music).

16. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I really like this a lot. I deleted iTD after I played this only once.

17. Elysium

Elysium Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I bought (and beat) the game today, so I have the updated version. I can only imagine how much easier it was before...

18. mrkgoo

mrkgoo Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I bought the game on update. I really like the simplicity. Sure, there isn't the same in depth strategy of some other TD games, but I think the iPhone is much more suited to the micro management style of The Creeps.

And I love the sound effects.