iPad The Creeps Update - Where is it?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by McGill, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Weren't we supposed to have this update about 2 weeks ago?

2. Blaqkie

Blaqkie Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I thought we did. I remember having a The Creeps update recently at least.

3. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    No - there was another one coming out; one with even more levels & a glitch fix. We did have one that added more levels, but there was another due out.

4. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    Yes. We are waiting on 1.2 which will bring new creeps and new levels. I would guess they lowered the price becasue of the wait. I would think it would go to 2.99 or 4.99 again after the update.

I wish I could have gotten this game for .99....what a steal!

5. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    .99 is definitely a steal for this game. I'll have a review up later tonight, all going well.

6. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Hell, full price is a steal. It's my most played TD game by far out of a bunch of them. Mind you, GeoDefense might be taking that crown soon enough!

7. different

Aug 8, 2008
    GeoDefense is a LOT harder. I had to rethink my whole TD strategy when loading up that game! Mind, they're both superb.

8. Hi everyone, the dev here. Version 1.2.0 is well underway, but I don't have an estimated release date yet. I'm guessing at LEAST 3 weeks. Hopefully sooner, but I'm not making any promises. I'm in the middle of moving right now, so I won't be able to put my full attention on it for a while. There is some excellent artwork being made for new creeps that I'm really excited about. I'll keep you posted :)

9. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    Good to hear. Thanks for the update. I am really looking forward to the new artwork! :D

10. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Sweet. I look forward to new stuff.

11. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    Maybe you could make a preview thread here closer to release date? :D

12. different

Aug 8, 2008
  13. Hmm, that's not a bad idea. I might just do that :)

14. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    I was gonna buy this when it went on for 1.99 but then the sale ended and I figured it wouldn't go on sale for a long time so I bought it at full price LOL.

Oh well, it was worth it, considering all the other deals I got on other games (Slotz, Enigmo, iDracula all for 0.99).

I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE UPDATE!!!

Any new weapons? =]

15. ip0dt0uch

ip0dt0uch Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    This is my favorite TD game!!!!! :D

16. TRIPLE BEAM DREAM

TRIPLE BEAM DREAM Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Door County
    Yes :D Guess I'll be playing this again tonight

17. different

Aug 8, 2008
    You're welcome. :)

18. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I haven't commented much on this game, but it's tied with geoDefense for my most-played game this week, and I like it a lot. The "cute" style turned me off from the screenshots, but just as with other games, once I played it the style seems perfect the way it is. The sounds go great with the style too.

So thanks for the game! :) It's probably the first TD I'd recommend to TD virgins, but it also has a lot of maps, making it worthwhile for any TD fan.

Only one suggestion: it's too easy to accidentally sell a tower (the buttons move around as needed to fit on the screen). Maybe require a second tap to confirm a sale? Selling is so rare--I do it by accident about once an hour, and on purpose about once in four hours. So a second tap wouldn't be a burden.

I'm now past wave 400 of one of the endless levels (Mars, with all towers plus tornado available) with no end in sight. I know eventually they will defeat me...

Looking forward to the update.

19. One of my focuses in the UI design was to keep it as simple as possible with as little clutter on the screen. I can't think of a single action that requires more than two taps, this would be the first to need three (select the tower, click sell, click yes). I'll see what I can do about making the sell button harder to accidentally hit (maybe move it further away and/or make it smaller, but I'd rather not pop up a confirmation dialog.

In version 1.1.1? Which level? I want a screenshot :D

I may have to do some more challenge tweaking in 1.2.0.