The Creeps "tornado alley" help...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tjtoed, Feb 4, 2009.

1. tjtoed

tjtoed Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    This level is killing me... any ideas/tips?

Thanks,

2. soccerstud652

soccerstud652 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    I'm still stuck on "A Sticky Situation"

3. agent59512935

agent59512935 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    #3 agent59512935, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
    This is a nice update, isn't it? The levels are much harder, which is a welcome change!

With the higher levels, it really matters the order in which you upgrade your guns.

I can't remember exactly what I did to get a good start, but you can follow the attached picture:
    1. Upgrade the gun closest to the bed to max power.
    2. Upgrade the gun next to the glue to 2nd highest power.
    3. Upgrade the glue to 2nd highest power.
    4. Next, gain money to get a boomerang
      [#4 is incorrectly labeled. The first boomerang unit I placed
      was the one just to the left of the mislabeled one].
    5. Concentrate on upgrading the boomerang to the maximum power.
    While you're trying to upgrade the boomerang, try to shoot rocks that are nearby the biggest gun in order to get more cash. Also, you can target objects that are in the center of multiple guns, like perhaps the tree in the middle. Try to never let the guns be "waiting around" and always try to destroy objects after the current wave is ending or at the delay before the next wave. Sometimes, you can target an object with an "early" gun on the path and let the "later guns" deal with the enemies.

Also, you must always target the fastest enemy that moves to the front of the line.

To deal with bosses, use the oil slick first to slow them down. Then, use the tornado to bring them back to the beginning. It is very helpful to power-up the glue to the highest power early on so that it can slow down many enemies and especially hamper the bosses.

Try to have multiple highly upgraded boomerang units because they deal with tightly-formed groups of waves very effectively.

These guidelines should help you win, so you can finally shout out from your closed bathroom door, "No one can stop me now, bitches!"

Attached Files:

4. lol :D

5. tjtoed

tjtoed Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    thanks... will give it a go. I figured it was a matter of what guns to upgrade, I just haven't gotten the order down yet.

And yes, the closed bathroom door is SOOO true...

6. Krobar

Krobar Active Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I love this game, however it is very easy. In the Tornado Alley map all you need to do is upgrade the gun by the glue first. Then shoot the big rock closest to it in between groups. Once the gun is at full upgrade build a flashlight directly next to it on the right and destroy rocks and trees to upgrade the flashlight fully. Then upgrade the glue to full. Then only build flashlights upgrading them 1 at a time to full. You can beat this level easily without ever having the bed touched. You will need to as stated manually target the fastest creeps first thought. Flashlights will burn down the bosses with only the help of the upgraded glue, you wont even need to use the oil or tornado tower if placed right. Flashlights for the win. Once I figured out the power of the flashlight I never use anything else, kinda makes the game too easy.

7. jordancoolj

jordancoolj Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    the creeps looks fun, i am gonna download the lite version and see if it is as fun as it looks, if it is i will buy it!

8. frankiec

frankiec New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Tornado Alley is ridiculously hard. I've tried all the tips here and nothing works. This is ridiculous and has ruined the fun of the game for me.

9. jmmsmth

jmmsmth Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    lol!

ah shouldn't this thread be in general discussion though? :rolleyes:

10. frankiec

frankiec New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Ok, I just beat Tornado Alley after posting that. WTF.

11. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Long road ahead tips? Anyone pleeeeeeze?

12. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I gave up on winning Sticky/Long Road/Tornado/Ziggurat/Blitz on Normal & Hard mode so I deleted my favorite TD from my iPhone :(

13. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    Me too, this is where I stopped playing the Creeps :(

14. vgckid

vgckid New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Can someone give me a guide to beat "Long Road Ahead" on hard difficulty I've been trying for a while but I cant do it please help

15. claras100

claras100 New Member

Nov 1, 2010
    to win Tornado Alley on Hard

Sell both the Oil and the Hurricane, you can survive without them.
    With the money you get with that level up the gun next to the glue to max, the one next to the bed to max, the glue to 2nd upgrade and the gun to the lower left to 2nd upgrade. Destroy the big rock and tree and build a flashlight keep on destroying max the flashlight build a boomerang next to it destroy destroy build another flashlight below the other one, keep upgrading and just do the rest by yourself hehe