iPad The Creeps: Strategies

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by arono, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arono

arono Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Sam's town
    Hey I'm wondering if you guys can help me i'm stuck in level 7 and i just can't pass it

So if anybody can just tell me how...please

2. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Gun+Glue+Upgrade

3. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    How about level 5?!?!?!?

Once i made it to wave 40 of 40, but didn't make it through...

Can i get some help on this level?

Thanks.

4. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008

I've used basically one strategy for all levels. Since I've beat all levels I've already deleted the game. But as far as I remember here what I did:

**** SPOILER ALERT ****
    **** SPOILER ALERT ****

- use the simple gun and glue together and upgrade them rather than use more of them
    - try to get the best spots to place towers ASAP
    - try to destroy obstacles because you get more money (well you need to do so to get the best spots)
    - try to let your towers one next to the other (like glue-gun-glue-gun)
    - for the big guys try to get special towers available in some levels and use against them (I liked to use the ones that slow down the attack)

**** SPOILER ALERT ****
    **** SPOILER ALERT ****

I hope it helps! :)

5. emsboy

emsboy Active Member

Dec 31, 2008
    lots of guns fully upgraded and space them well
    also destroy all objects because you get money for them

is the developer of creeps on these boards? Because I'd love to request more levels. I beat it and it was great but I want more to play xD
    The unlimited mode is a great time killer though.

6. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Level 9 is hard. Still couldn't pass it because there is no glue. I hate spiders.

7. arono

arono Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Sam's town
    Well arn said in another thread that the next update will have sound, more levels and challenge adjudtments

8. dboeren

dboeren Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I really wish the difficulty would ramp up more in the unlimited levels. I just bought the game yesterday and I'm wondering when level 2 will finally be over. I'm currently on Wave 478 and it doesn't seem like I'm going to die anytime soon.

9. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    You're in an endless level. It's better skip those and play the others.

10. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    place 2 fully upgraded turrets at the beginning portal and ending bed, and space the rest out across.

11. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Needs fast forward...lol
    this took literally 20+ hours (while I slept over multiple nights)

if you like Creeps get iTD, its similar but MUCH deeper strategy/more replay value

Attached Files:

12. dboeren

dboeren Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Mine finally ended at level 540. I'm sure I could beat that but I can't face going through it again.

I don't mind endless levels, I just think the difficulty needs to go up more sharply from wave to wave. Also, even though I got to level 540 the high score listing shows me as only having reached level 20.

13. #13 RegularStormy, Jan 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
    The Creeps! 1.1.0 and Lite

Hi guys, I'm the developer of "The Creeps!". It's good to hear that people are enjoying the game! Version 1.1.0 is now out which includes sound effects and a few more levels. The endless levels are now more challenging and I think it will be very hard to even get to 180 waves on most levels. There were some bug fixes as well including the scoreboard bug mentioned above (endless levels didn't show the correct wave you reached sometimes) and a save game bug that would not save your game on endless levels in certain conditions. Also, two brand new mega bosses have been added. They have unique artwork and are HUGE!
    Also, the Lite version of The Creeps! just went up on iTunes, so if you haven't tried the full version yet now you can try it for free!

Seriously, I'm impressed that people actually played to wave 1000+. That must have taken days!

14. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Has anyone tried level 16 unlimited? I just got to wave 256:(

15. gcl

gcl Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    #15 gcl, Jan 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
    My TD skills sucketh and I was stuck on level 1 (yep 1) for a couple of rounds, not upgrading, spending money on more units and not destroying obstacles. So I let the Creeps stale, kind of writing it off, while I played other games.

Now, I just got to level 9 thanks mainly to Carlos-Sz and also wiesse's strategy tips!

My eyes are bugged out and I had to shut off the sound (which I initially wanted) because I got sick of hearing it.
    I think my favorite level was 7 because of the tornado being able to spin the bosses back for more punishment unlike the earlier level where I could do nothing to knock off the alien boss that came in early waves.
    It's these incremental wins that made The Creeps a much more enjoyable game for me. Thank you!

update: The creeps is wonderful, thanks! I'm off to post a iTunes review. ps we also have a Murrie but he's a Senegal and less of a super squaw more of a annoying screech.

16. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    If you want one, I can write a strategy guide for getting 100% on level 9. :)

I'm up to level 13 with pretty much perfect scores across the board, although I wish there was some sort of indication that you had a) eradicated all the creeps and b) that you had cleared the field of obstacles. An achievement system would be very welcome.

As would more maps, towers, enemies etc. But as it stands, it has far more content than Fieldrunners. I think it's the better of the two. :)

17. gcl

gcl Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Thanks, different
    I finally made it past level 9 following the dev's strategy but it took 4 tries because of the damn mummy and small fast blue bobbing things.

Hard to move to the next levels, as I just want to savor level 3 flashlights!

18. j_in_tx

j_in_tx New Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Level 13

I'm stuck on level 13, I think I've tried everything and still I can't get through it, any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Jay

19. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    Jay,

destroy the stones and trees as soon as possible to get cash. The Tornado and Oil can be used to hold monsters while doing his.

My towers at the end of the level 13 were the glue tower maxed, two of the cannons maxed (up and left, others left untouched) two flashlights maxed, two boomerangs maxed. Never sold any towers. At the end of game I built one more boomerang in the upper left corner just to clear out the last few stones there (for the extra points).

As you see, building only four towers in addition to the ones already on board is enough. Upgrading them is the key. There's not so much to do - most of the time is spent waiting for cash to build up.

20. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    hey guise can anyone offer me some strategies for level 11? i've been held back here for a while now. thanks