Universal The Counter Of Death (by yun whan kim)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ck_lovesu, Jun 30, 2016.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    My guess is the problem has to do with RAM. The 4s has only 512MB, which might be the source of all the problems...

2. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Finally I reached the last floor. It's not so difficult except for the three red man! I lost the duel with the boss :(! The boss at level 4 is an other story, very difficult!

Attached Files:

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Wow that's amazing. I have yet to beat the level 4 boss. It's just instant slaughter for me hehe

Billy

4. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    Look at her arms, it's the trick but you must be fast! In the last floor there's also the first boss, the boxer#!

5. Ajohnson1

Ajohnson1 Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I've noticed that if you block at the last moment, your character flashes white and it pushes the enemy back. It's hard to do though. Is this part of the intended controls? Any other special moves?

6. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    The Last Boss, a very bastard but more easy than level 4 Boss#!

Attached Files:

7. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    The right timing and you beat enemies with one punch! You must block at the same time enemies attack you, it's difficult but not impossible!

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    HELL YEAH!

The update is live people! Go get it! Achievements are added. They added a single $1 in app purchase to remove all ads and you even get to continue without watching an ad. There are a bunch of AWESOME outfits purchaseable using the in game currency.

Absolutely awesome update devs! I made the purchase right away!

Do you think you might be able to add iCloud save support so we don't lose our progress with the outfits and all that?

Thank you!!!!!! I left a nice 5 star review on the AppStore which will show up by tomorrow.

Billy

9. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks Billy! I had just deleted it two hours ago because it was too unstable on the 4S. I'll give it another go. That 0.99 no-ads-IAP is a must!

10. ck_lovesu

ck_lovesu Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Thank you Billy
    we will talk about iCloud save support if he(our programmer guy) can.
    also this update has turbo mode(it can be unlock after score 10000)
    it's pretty tough difficult but give it a try. new leaderboard ranking waiting for you.

We did resource optimization on this update.
    but still not sure about works correctly on 4s(we still need 4s). so please tell me that if this update has shutdown issue.

(sorry for poor english)

11. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    One of the best games around just got better. I paid to have the ads removed to support the dev. Keep up the great work!

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm saving up 500 right now for that black outfit. I need it!

And thank you for looking into adding iCloud. That would be great. I'd hate to lose all my progress.

Amazing game my friend. You made a fan out of me.

Billy

13. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks for optimizing the code. The game only crashed once, and funnily enough it was when connecting to the App Store to purchase the IAP. I rebooted the game, retried purchasing and the second time it worked. Thanks!

14. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    I really appreciate the update along with the new outfits as well turbo mode!! I agree with some of the others that one of the best games is now better!

Have you given any thoughts to the notion of of alternative ways to disable ads like I suggested before? For example, requiring people to acquire a large number of blue spirits (5000) as it rewards people for being better at the game. The 99 cent purchase will still be used by people who are impatient or really just hate ads.

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    How are they going to make any money if they did that? They have to monetize somehow.

Billy

16. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    #76 Seiza616, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    They will make money because most gamers are impatient and will pay immediately because they can't deny instant gratification....it's simple psychology as you just set the unlock at like 10,000 spirits or something. In fact, it may trigger more people to actually buy the IAP because the game is so unforgiving.

17. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I agree with Billy, I don't see it either. Prior to the update, I already had maxed out hearts and 5,000 spirits, and the game is so difficult in its last stage that I kept on playing to see if I could make it. Now that there's a new fast mode and new outfits, I've begun playing again from scratch and I don't get tired of trying over and over, just for the sake of finishing the game. This way I'm going to get to the 10,000 you suggest fairly quickly.

I think the devs have been very generous with the no-ads IAP because for a mere $1 not only does it remove ads, but also the "continue" video. Other devs remove ads but still leave the "continue" videos. I think their choice is just right.

18. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Awesome update. Hopefully they continue to add to the game.

19. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    If it's 1 buck to remove ads i'll reinstall it...

20. doone128

doone128 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I still don't have the option to continue after dying on level 4. I can't purchase the ad remover either. Wonder if it's iOS 10 that's breaking it?

Attached Files: