Universal The Counter Of Death (by yun whan kim)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ck_lovesu, Jun 30, 2016.

1. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Awesome game! Even the tutorial is pretty slick, great job dev. This ones staying haha

2. rtificial

rtificial Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2015
    pastry chef
    Georiga
    This game come out of no where and is awesome. Great theme and concept. Also fun picking out the nods to other movies.

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    really good game, devs... Game of Death is one of my all time favourite movies.

4. Wicuicad

Wicuicad Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Как Karateka!!! This game is amazing!

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I've reached the floor 4 boss. It gets so difficult to see where she's going to hit... :p Amazing game, really addictive. I'll happily buy the no-ads IAP to remove the game over ad when it's implemented. I guess in this case we'll be able to continue by watching the video, right?

6. ck_lovesu

ck_lovesu Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Thank you good people who give us feedback.
    title screen glitch & boss battle problem will fix in upcoming emergency update.(it waiting for review in app store)
    and you will see less ads popup.

Now we working hard for next update.
    it will add some new costume, remove ads function and more...

[​IMG]
    this picture is work in progress

7. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Awesome

8. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Hell yeah kill bill outfit!

Hehe

It gets better and better. I can't wait for no ads. I'll be buying that without hesitation.

Billy

9. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Game of Death!

Will buy the no ad IAP too, great game!

10. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Can the new outfit be unlocked with currency obtained within the game or will it be an iap?

As a suggestion, perhaps you could change the add structure so that the only time they would be briefly viewable would after every fifth game that ends with a player death? Additionally, perhaps you could also eliminate the long ad before the continue as it seems like overkill and it disrupts the flow of the game.

In essence, the game is very challenging as it is so there will be no shortage of people having to view ads at the end of every fifth game since people will have a tendency to die a lot.

Overall, the game is tremendous and I appreciate your willingness to add additional content like new costumes or how about different colors for the existing one? Is there a possibility of adding new skills to purchase with the currency obtained within the game as well as additional floors?

11. rtificial

rtificial Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2015
    pastry chef
    Georiga
    So far I've made it to level 3 boss and enjoying this. Animation is top notch ##

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I have a request.

With the continue. Can we please continue from where we were at and not from the beginning of the level?

Billy

13. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

This game really grew on me. I had no idea what I was doing at first! Basically, enemy left hook = low block, enemy right hook = high block. The animations are great, like rtificial mentioned above.

Made it to the 4th floor so far. The blue flames (game currency) come in at a nice pace. My dude has 7 hearts now. My strategy is to focus on the enemy's torso for visual indicators and try to use muscle memory (rather than my eyes) for the blocking.

Awesome hidden gem!

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Absolutely agree. I've only made it to the third floor. I'm working on more hearts right now. That boss on two always gets me for some reason lol

Billy

15. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    I have been fairly far into floor four and I have nine hearts at this point. There is a red enemy dressed in red on the forth floor and it is super hard to pick up his attacks. I beat him in two occasions but it was plain luck.

Overall, I am loving the challenge this game provides.

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    He's just the exact opposite of most previous enemies. If he's throwing a right you block low, and if he's throwing a left you block high. The boss of the 4th floor is another story though, she's really frustrating...

17. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    #37 Seiza616, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    I have a few additional suggestions for the developers:

New game modes such as the following:

1. Endless Mode

2. Boss Mode: where you fight one boss after another with varying degrees of difficulty.

3. Chinese Star Mode: you have to deflect different combinations of stars coming at different speeds over the course of several rounds.

4. Floor 6: A boss patterened after Chuck Norris' character named "Colt" from the film Way of the Dragon.

5. Floor 7: A boss patterned after the "Ohara" character from Enter the Dragon.

6. Floor 8: A boss patterened after the "Bolo" character from Enter the Dragon

7. Floor 9: A boss patterened after the "Akeem" character from Game of Death

8. Floor 10: A boss patterened after the "Han" character from enter the Dragon.

** I understand copyright issues as they relate to movies so perhaps these additional bosses could be "loosely" patterened after the characters so that they capture the essence as opposed to being copies.

9. Additional costumes such as an all black Kung Fu uniform, the black shorts and the Kempo gloves from the beginning of Enter the Dragon, a brown Kung Fu uniform, and the all black "spy" outfit that Bruce Lee wore when he was searching Han's island for clues in Enter the Dragon.

I have to say I think this game is tremendous as I am a HUGE Bruce Lee fan! In my opinion, if you were able to incorporate those additional floors/bosses, additional outfits, as well as the other game modes this could be an App Store all time classic as well as my favorite mobile game ever!

18. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    I understand your request but I have to respectfully disagree. Having only one continue and being required to start at the beginning of the level keeps an appropriate level of challenge in place....it forces you to get better at the game.

19. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yeah, but the boss at level 4 is frustrating. I have 10 hearts, I've made it to the level 4 boss, and I always get killed. I'll try to become better, but 10 hearts is the maximum you can get, so it's gonna be a tough ride.

20. doone128

doone128 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    What's this continue that has been mentioned? I don't have a continue. Is this a planned feature or something?

I think this game is great. Can't wait for further content. I'd like to see a super finish move for the bosses similar to Ken in Fist of the North Star. "Ay yatatatatatatatatatatayatayataya" #

This also led me onto your other game Combine Robot which is also super!