Universal The Bug Butcher (by Noodlecake Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ryan_Noodle, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Not at all.
    I actually have an iPad Air too and it plays wonderfully there too, but I prefer iPhone because of portability and I like to grab the device like a controller.

2. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    So I played through the first two sections of the game and it never saved any of my coins... I deleted it and it still does it. Game stinks cause of this

3. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Exact same here. Been working my way through Dan the Man with no problems. In butcher I can move the character, but the buttons don't work anymore. This is only since I updated IOS a couple days ago, so seems to be an issue with the way Noodle implemented MFI. I'm sure it's an easy fix, hopefully they're aware of it.

Very cool game, makes me want to dig out Glorkian again while I wait for the controller update.

4. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    I have that same problem. Thought it was deliberate and I only figured out you could buy stuff after I read a few posts here. I was thinking the coins were supposed to be used straight away? In most games you can hoard them so It does seem to be a bug.

5. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    My above post was in reply to this.
    Same bug.

6. yearoftherat

yearoftherat Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Ugh...maybe I'll hold off purchasing the game until this bug is fixed.

7. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    yep, coins dont accumulate. definitely a bug. hope the devs fix this soon. havent played it since launch.

8. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    Bugged coin accumulation

Yeah. Finally got around to the deleting, reinstallling, and playing again. For some reason this time it let me keep the first 109 coins but no matter what I do, I lose all the others I earn. Im on an iPad Air with all updates but the very last ios update.

I suck at playing these sorts of games, but it does look fun. Not being able to upgrade anything will make this impossible for me to get far.

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    And after having completed normal mode...now panic mode grabbed me with its hooks.

Fantastic.

The bubble shield is awesome.

10. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    They're aiming to fix this in the next patch.

11. chronosz

May 24, 2016
    sweet, cant wait!

thanks!

12. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    how much content is their ? A lot or it's some

13. TwirlingFern

TwirlingFern Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Bugged panic mode- invincible

I was in invincible mode for several minutes. The meter stayed about half full and never got off invincible mode. I racked up 450+ combo and 125,000+ points and finished by my scientist getting eaten. There is a 1 Million score and my guess is that it was achieved through this bug also.

My powerups were speed, combo time, hit shield, invincible and laser.

Also the restart yes/no is so small that it's hard to press with my finger.

I'm on iphone 6 and have not updated to ios 10 yet.

14. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    Update Incoming

Hey everyone!

Just to let you know that we have an update incoming to help fix up a few things. The first being the coin saving bug we have been encountering. It seems that this is tied to Game Center and logging in and out. We are pushing out a fix in the next couple days that should stop this from happening. In the meantime just make sure that youre logged into Game Center and dont lose connection while playing. That should ensure your coins carry over.

On a general performance note, we thought we could get BB running smoothly on most hardware that supports iOS 8 but unfortunately that just isnt the case. So we have issued a warning just like games like The Room 3 that informs players that if they are dont have an iPad Mini 2+, iPad 3+, iPhone 5+, or iPod 6th gen, they might see performance issues. If we could actually remove from sale for devices below that we would, but right now we cannot based on the tools in iTunes. So apologies for anyone who bought it with one of those devices and it isnt work. I urge you to talk to Apple and see if they can issue you a refund as we would if we could.

Anyways keep on butchin dem buggies everyone!

15. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Been playing this all day on PlayStation 4 and it is a lot of fun. The music and sound in the game awesome, and the game looks and runs great on that system. The game seems so simple but really manages to keep you engaged in the gameplay because of the design.
    It's too bad games like this don't seem to have as much of an audiences they deserve. On the bright side it gives me the chance to crack the top 10 worldwide leaderboard. Pretty cool and fun indie game.

16. MistaBoz

MistaBoz Active Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Will this game be coming to AppleTV???

17. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Wished this worked on my Steel Stratus.

18. chronosz

May 24, 2016
    @ dev, thanks for the patch!

19. dlehman

dlehman Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Canada
    Love this game-- can't stop playing it, even though i'm not very good.

I have an iPhone 7 and iPad Pro 9.7", both running iOS 10, and a SteelSeries Nimbus. The Nimbus works flawlessly with this game on the iPhone, and when I play it on the iPad, the fire buttons don't work. The controller works to move back and forth, but firing doesn't work at all. Deleting and re-pairing the controller, restarting, etc. don't seem to have any effect. Other games seem to work fine on the iPad, so i'm wondering if there is a specific issue with this game. Hopefully a fix is forthcoming in the future. Would really love to play on the larger screen.

20. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Hey devs thanks for the update,
    MFI controllers (all of them) do not work if the iOS version is 10.1, they seem ok on ios9
    Possibly fix this?
    Specifically as mentioned in other posts, the ABXY buttons no longer function.. character control with the stick is ok.. but thats about it...
    Great game just waiting to play it with my MFi controller..