Out Now The Bradwell Conspiracy (by A Brave Plan and Bossa Studios)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA

2. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

After playing through assemble with care, I am insanely excited about this one. The same VO who does the main character is in this one.

AA, dang you are just rocking it!

3. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
  4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    “Later this year” must mean a few days before PC and consoles because it’s out right now on Apple Arcade. :)

5. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Already downloaded.

But it’s 2am here so I’m on a fence if I should start right now or give it a good night sleep instead. After all, I can dedicate whole Sunday to it :)

6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Does the controls feel weird for anyone else?

7. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    The touch controls seem to have a designed in lag for some reason. A very odd floaty feel; pretty unpleasant.
    With a controller it feels just like a regular FPS.

Weird. Controller it is.

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  9. Stranded87

Stranded87 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Have you tried changing the camera sensitivity? Seems fine for me after that. Though a controller is still always gonna be better with this kind of game.

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #10 macplash, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Looking around with the right thumb should work like in any other 1st person game. But here it’s different. It’s like having virtual joystick for looking around. The same way we use it for movement on the left. Which means if I move my right thumb to the right and keep holding it, my character keeps spinning to the right. It never works like this in any other game I know. Because of this it feels floaty, weird and just wrong. Using controller probably makes it unnoticeable because it’s how controller should work. But not touch controls!

edit: I just tried again and it’s exactly as I said. It’s virtual joystick on the right. It even appears there when looking around. With arrows pointing to that direction. This is just wrong. What game uses virtual joystick for looking around like this? It’s ridiculous. It’s like they ported the steam version without a single thought about touch controls in mind.

weipeng and MetaGonzo like this.
  11. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    That’s exactly what it does; I couldn’t quite put my finger on it for some reason.

It is indeed not right. Definitely a controller game.

macplash likes this.
  12. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Weird. Having no issues with the touch controls here. Maybe a little floaty. But I’m enjoying this one!

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @anthony78 little floaty is an understatement. It feels like being drunk. I’m trying to get used to it, just without any success though. Especially if I switch to e.g. CODM for a comparison. Makes all the difference. On the other hand visuals are great, sound acting and narrative is perfect. I assume the controls could be fixed in quick patch. I’ll try to reach out to developer for sure.

14. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Well, to each their own. Touch controls feel fine to me (probably even better than a lot of other first person games I’ve played on iOS) and I’m enjoying the game. :)

15. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    #15 Ringerill, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    The controls and interactions seem to be done to use as a VR game and it feels strange at first but you can get accustomed to it.
    However more about the game is that the quality on iPhone 7S is crap and you can't even read some text because it is way to pixelated to distinguish. But it doesn't impact on your progression because it is just some useless interactions with fliers and book all over the place.

However I am having a real problem with the "ressources". You can have blueprints to create objects but you need Substance to do that. And right now, I have been walking all over the map for half an hour trying to find substance because I can't progress due to the lack of it... They should definitely adjust it and add more of it.

Edit: It's even more frustrating because I can see it but can't reach it because it's behind glass and you can't slide it... If someone managed to pass the task "Install Diagnostic Nodes and Cooling Tanks", I crave for a solution on where you managed to find the necessary Substance!

Edit2: Okay my bad. Actually you don't need to fill in all the empty spaces for the tracks... So you can save the needed substance for later.

16. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I’m on the fence after a half hour or so. I agree the controls aren’t great but I’m also finding it looks really lo-res on my iPad Pro. The shading textures look absolutely dreadful on occasion and it makes me feel like I’m playing a 10 year old PC game.

I’m persevering with it because I quite like the atmosphere. I’m hoping it doesn’t require any tight or quick movement though because that’s going to be tricky with the controls as they are.

17. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Just finished the game (took about 3 hours but I wandered around quite a lot). No need for quick movements or super complicated structures. I also enjoyed the atmosphere and the "talks" of the girl with us. You can make her interact through your photos and discover some lore or just hear some jokes. Sometimes it felt like a Portal wanna-be for the ambiance and I liked that :)

However, the last part of the game is just where all the problems show up and impede on the progression... Bad graphics on iPhone 7S+, combined with tremendous lag plus bad collision and 3D printing. Sometimes, you can even fall or go behind texture creating a soft-lock. But if you are careful enough, you can do it.
    Definitely enjoyed the game but not sure I would recommend in the state it is now. With some optimisation for controls and lag, that would do the trick :)

18. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Just downloaded the game and finished the first area. I’m running on iPad Pro 10,5 and the graphics are atrocious. Lightning/shading makes the walls look like Quake 1 and shitty resolution doesn’t help.

Good thing it’s free*

19. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Wonder if it was optimized for iPhone X / XS and not other devices? Graphics look fine on my X. Nothing groundbreaking but not bad like others are saying.

20. sevenape

sevenape Active Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Looks good on my iPad 2017. I think it’s an artistic decision, like fire watch or something. I’m loving it but stuck with the pipes in the pump room. I just don’t seem to have enough material to connect the pipes.

anyway, second best game on AA so far after mutazione.