Universal The Bonfire 2 Uncharted Shores (by Xigma Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It’s not just the graphics though. The game is simulating a lot of processes in real-time. I currently have 45 people in my town, working across a dozen different buildings, with other things going on.

I wish it didn’t eat through my battery, but at least it’s understandable. :/

Rocksaint likes this.
  2. Xigma Games

Xigma Games Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2016
    India
    That is correct it has more CPU usage than GPU. We have optimized the AI and pathfinding a lot to make sure it gives optimal performance. We will definitely look into it if we can optimize it further in the future updates.

Rocksaint likes this.
  3. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    What’s frustrating for me is that I love the game. It would have been one thing if I didn’t enjoy it, then it would slowly just fade away from my memory and eventually my phone. (Like so many other games do)

It’s relaxing. Gameplay is perfectly suited for mobile. And it has that “one more day” pull to it. I would love to play this in my short breaks during work hours. (Currently Slay the Spire holds that title)

That’s why I just wished it worked better on my phone.

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I played almost the entire game streaming to an Apple TV anyway, so I gave up on any kind of battery life from the very beginning. :p

Though I’ll admit I was a little shocked the first time it chewed through 10% of my battery in under 5 minutes (old iPhone 8).

djstout and Rocksaint like this.
  5. yeah yeah

yeah yeah Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Wait or pass on this game?

6. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    If I say pass, are you going to pass?

7. yeah yeah

yeah yeah Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Probably. That’s why I’m asking for feedback.

8. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Then buy the game now. Also gift it to your family and friends.

9. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Unless you have the latest iPhone/iPad and don't mind the device heating and battery drain, I'd say pass on it. I bought the game, played the first few days and haven't touched it since.

10. Tef

Tef Member

Oct 3, 2019
    Male
    I'm playing on iPad Air 2 and its not much overheating so far... but battery drain OH YES... i can play for about 2-3 hours before the battery is almost dead, from a full charge.

As for my Carpenter problem, After the recent patch the problem didnt resolved the carpenter problem... so I lost my game... started a new one... and I still see other characters getting stuck a lot and not doing anything...

Like even if I had 2 ppl working in the mines... only one was actually working while the other one was standing outside the mine doing nothing, just waiting.... I think it got stuck in between 2 buildings like the mine was right next to my stockpile... and i think the character as it came out of the mine spawned inside the building next to it and thats why it wasnt doing anything :(