Universal The Blocks Cometh (By Halfbot)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Picked this one up because I just couldn't resist the graphics - really enjoying it and can see me having to line my walls with padding because I already know it's going to get annoyingly frustrating and addictive!

Have to echo a lot of other people's comments about the controls - not finding them too much of an issue at all. However, perhaps the developer could take a leaf out of others' books and provide a number of layouts as well as an option for the player to position to any place they like? (ahem... Gameloft)... Surely this would quell others saying at some future date that they're not quite right?

Just a thought... everyone can get back to work now... ;)

2. QBC

QBC Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I love the game, but it is very hard for me. I'm not sure if it is indeed the cramped controls, but this game is hardcore mode.

I was three meters away from Mr. Destructoid, before some weird glitch happened, and killed me. I can't really explain it, so that was somewhat sad to me. Might I suggest a difficulty level in the options? Just for when I don't want to be the hardcore gamer, and just have a casual game every now and then? :p

But other than the cramped controls, and the difficulty, the game is phenomenal, and I am so pleased to see it doing well. Justice!

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    After trying the free version i bought this game right away, really great pick and play game for the casual gamers but a bit hardcore to keep playing. The right ingredients for me. Im finding the controls to be good, not a problem at all, very responsive, maybe making them bigger could solve this problem for some people.
    I found a glitch where if you stand right in front of the border from a falling crate it may crush you as if you where below the crate. Its fun, its fast and it will have you coming back for more. ADDICTIVE

4. Halfbot

Halfbot Well-Known Member

If anyone is digging the game please go rate the game on iTunes!

We're working on these control fixes. So many different things people want so we may not be able to make everyone happy right away. We will do our best to address the immediate bugs with the touch controls tho.

We really appreciate your support for the game!

5. app-inured

app-inured Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Just reached 525m; I don't see what the "issues" are with the controls. They seem spot on to me. I don't mind alternative set ups, but what is there to fix with this one?

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I had high hopes for this, but the vertical orientation of it makes it uncomfortable for me to play, and I have a hard time with the button placement. I inevitably try to hit the attack button, or whatever it's called, and I don't hit it. I wish they'd made this game landscape like League of Evil. I think somebody mentioned that they'd could just make it portrait in a landscape layout (so, smaller on screen and vertically letterboxed), and I'd concur with that request. It might not be as pretty to look at, but it would certainly be easier to play and more fun for me.

7. Axl Lowe

Axl Lowe Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    I love it, great visuals and audio. As some people have already mentioned, the controls are not quite as responsive as I'd like. The game is slightly choppy and the controls don't always respond when I touch them. This is true for movement, jumping and shooting. I use a 3rd Gen iTouch, which should be able to run this a little bit better than this.

8. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Same here. He's definitely got the best jump.

9. KangaRod

KangaRod Member

May 4, 2010
    Auto Parts
    Winnipeg
    Hey Old Guy you've only been here a month longer than me

10. Pr135ty

Pr135ty Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Student
    United Kingdom
    free version?

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    The Java Web version I assume.

12. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

#112 jak56, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
    qargh. keeps crashing for me :(
    not compatible with OS 3.1.3 is it?

13. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    On iTunes it says "Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later.".

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'm a little confused. Are the League of Evil's Blocks Cometh levels kind of like a "lite" version of this?

15. Halfbot

Halfbot Well-Known Member

Just want to let you guys know we are "looking into" a possible landscape solution for the game. We CAN'T PROMISE anything at this time. Our priority with the first patch is to fix the double jump bug and increase the size of the jump button to make it easier on you guys. The landscape fix is a much larger undertaking so please be patient as we try to sort it out. Again this is not a for sure thing.

We really do appreciate all of your feedback and support for our game! Please review the game if you haven't already!

16. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Don't rush yourselfs its better to have a longer taking update thats good then a rushed bugged up one!:)

17. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

I'm still having issues with double jumping not always responding, but I did come up with a neat idea for a possible alternate mode:

No ground. Blocks are spaced about the same distance, but fall quite a bit slower, and they don't stop at the bottom of the screen, they just fall right off. This will force the player to constantly jump and grind their way upwards for fear of falling off the bottom.

18. QBC

QBC Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Found a bug: Sometimes, the game will just kill me automatically. I'll be doing great, and all of a sudden I will die, even when a block isn't near me. Happened when I was so close to Mr. Destructoid. :(

Again, maybe an easy mode? Game's really hard to grind for other characters.

19. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    This game is great!

If you could have a tie in with The Incident then that would be perfect. Playable characters and both use each others falling objects and blocks.

Also, sometimes view of my player is blocked by my thumbs when he is low on the screen.

20. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Unlocked all characters! WIll there be more in updates?