Universal The Blocks Cometh (By Halfbot)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    I'm kind of bad at blocks of cometh online, should I still get it?

2. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Well the iOS version has a lot of extra content, with more on the way, but currently it's also harder than the browser version (Because of the controls).

3. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Awesome game, very addictive, great graphics, impossible to play without tossing at wall.

4. Halfbot

Halfbot Well-Known Member

I can't stress enough that we will do our best to address these issues with the controls in the next update. The good thing about the app store is that it's easy to update the games and get fixes in there to make the experience as good as it can be! We really appreciate all of your feedback both good and not so good:)

5. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    is this game like the cute avalanche game where you were a little marshmellow going up?

6. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    Yes, lol i use to love that game.

7. Winterymix

Winterymix Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Registered Nurse
    West Virginia, USA
    Lovin' the game, Halfbot! Happy to hear about the control fixes to come, although I'm having a blast with it as is. Low 300's is my best so far, but I've only played an hour or so. Can't wait to defraud my employer of valuable productivity while I hide in a corner and shoot for the high score!

8. yemi

yemi Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    When is the update comming , I havent brought it since so many people have complained about controls. Once you update you have my money guarenteed.

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Get it NOW anyway... really the controls aren't as bad as all the drama mamas are making it out to be.

10. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    sounds great!

sorry about all the demanding comments :eek: (just felt I had to say something)

11. ava0425

ava0425 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Washington, U.S.
    Amazing fun game! BUT, I can't tell you enough how much better it would be with the ability to flip to horizontal view!! The controls wouldn't be as cramped and it would be better cause that's what most people are complaining about! Just a little suggestion ;)

12. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    I like the game, but I wish there was a way to keep track of total height traveled.

And the Halfbot character sucks.

13. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    If there's feedback for future updates more you can't go wrong with more unlockable characters... either original or tied in to another game.

14. Winterymix

Winterymix Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Registered Nurse
    West Virginia, USA
    The graphics would have to be tiny & horizontally squished for it to work in landscape otherwise you'd always be jumping above the top of the screen. It cramps the hands a little playing in portrait, but I just don't see how it could work in landscape.

And anyone holding off on buying because of the "control issues", like a previous poster said, it's not a huge deal at all. Could it be better? Yes. But it's being addressed and even if it never were, I'd still be playing this for a long while.

15. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey, nobody mention the music & sfx! one of the lowest i've ever heard!!!

please Halfbot, make it louder in the update! thanks

16. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    #96 Osmiral, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
    Yeah this would be a definite improvement, as thats my only complaint with the game, otherwise, awesome game!

EDIT: Oh and would it be possible to make the pause button bigger, because I found it nearly impossible to see depending on the background.

17. DMProd

DMProd Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    I develop iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad / MacOSX game
    Los Angeles
    Just bought it this morning and love it! I'm a big fan of retro pixel art and your game does not disappoint. If I had one complaint it is that this game is so damn addictive and frustrating at the same time! :D I'm getting better at it by the hour though...

Cheers,

Dave

18. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
  19. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    So far Mr Destructoid is my favorite character, but haven't gotten The Agent yet.

20. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    One solution to the controls issue is to have a control bar at the bottom instead of just overlaid buttons, like in most 2d scrolling shooters/platformers on the Appstore. This will allow you to space out the buttons more (also allowing for the attack button to be available next to the jump rather than above it) , make them more clearly visible and remove the possibility of the user's thumbs obscuring the play area.

I also feel that a landscape orientation is feasible if you scale down the graphics. This will add another dimension to the game as the horizontal climber will feel much different from the cramped but faster vertical one. I'm sure with enough testing and tweaking this can be an added mode for an update down the line.