Universal The Blocks Cometh (By Halfbot)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Feb 16, 2011.

1. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Looks better than the flash version content wise.

2. Halfbot

Halfbot Well-Known Member

It definitely is! We wanted to add more value to the iOS game to separate it from the Flash version. So we added additional characters to unlock; each with unique abilities and we also plan to release updates with more modes and additional characters in the next few weeks.

3. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

I'll say one thing. This game totally kicks the copycat's butt! It's so good!!

4. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Awesome! I was gearing up to buy this anyway; but London, Ontario?! Auto-buy. :)

5. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Is there any way you can change the behavior of the double jump in an update?

Right now if you hold jump and tap a directional arrow you jump again. I end up doing one large jump instead of two separate jumps

6. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    How much gameplay does it have?

7. minhwizh

minhwizh Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2011
    it is quite hard to control. the character need to move faster and smother and can you make the left and right button a bit bigger? :) maybe in next update? i love the game btw.

8. Halfbot

Halfbot Well-Known Member

All your feedback is AWESOME. We will definitely do our best to make this game as good as it can be in future updates! Please feel free to contact us with your ideas. Easiest way to make sure we get your comments is to PM me or send them to [email protected] We also have a feedback forum directly in the game through Open Feint.

9. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Can't wait to play this!

10. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Same here!

11. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

A fun enough concept but unfortunately saddled with a number of serious problems:

Uncomfortable to play in portrait mode. Why this isn't in landscape, at the very least as an option is beyond me.

The frame rate takes frequent dives severely impacting the gameplay.

The jump button does not feel sufficiently responsive. At times I am able to make a double jump and at times not.

A game like this really lives or dies by its controls and smoothness of play, as there is very little else to it. This one feels like a wasted buck at the moment.

12. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I think my excitement for the game is making it seem better than it really is right now. The concept is fun, and the graphics are great, but it just doesn't seem to flow to me. I haven't played a ton yet, but it's either gonna get old fast, or I'll have that moment where the controls and physics just click, and it stays fun. And I don't really see why you have a gun. By the time your ever in a position to need it to escape a tight spot, it's moving too fast.

I think The Incident is better to be honest. It has more character, and it's easier to control.

13. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    O hell yes! Can't wait til tonight. :D

14. GasparZizou

GasparZizou Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    MKT student, intern in an advertising agency.
    Guadalajara
    so does this mean that i can expect the LoE update tonight too?

15. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    i like the game and concept/artwork but i absolutely hate the controls. the jump button is placed horribly and is very unresponsive. like above poster said, this game screams for landscape option as portrait is just too cramped especially the jump button but also the left/right buttons. if these fixed then game will be really fun, as right now....the concept is fun, the game is frustrating.

16. GasparZizou

GasparZizou Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    MKT student, intern in an advertising agency.
    Guadalajara
    #36 GasparZizou, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
    I love the look of this game, 16 bit graphics and all, but it looks like the controls are a pain... :S

17. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    It means you can stop asking the same question over and over again. :rolleyes:

18. slimothy

slimothy Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    This....will be an insta-buy.

19. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    this game is no where as smooth as it could be...

20. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

This would be a perfect game to use TV out with an iPhone as the controller. On screen controls are too obtrusive.