Universal The Blockheads - (by Majic Jungle Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    I started with 40 time crystals and now have 43. Somehow I've gained 3.. I think it was from mining in the cave.. I broke a block that looked like an ice cube but I couldn't work out what it was because nothing seemingly got added to my inventory.. I think maybe that could have been where the crystals came from?

Meditating speeds up time.. I meditate when it's still dark and I've used up all my bed sleep.

So far I'm really enjoying it. But I nearly got driven mad when I first started playing.. I kept accidentally placing blocks when I was just trying to walk around.. Then it'd take like half an hour to remove the block.
    Nearly didn't give the game a go because of it.. But after playing for an hour or so, I've really grown to appreciate it.

A few other things annoy me- it feels too zoomed out. I'm playing on iPad, I think it may be optimised for iPhone? The inventory items are pretty small and can be hard to select, especially how you have to click certain boxes to open the baskets.

Also, when your mining it doesn't tell you what you picked up.. You have to scrounge through your inventory to try to figure it out yourself.

Also, it could be nice to have a guide to show where to get things, like linen for instance, after a fair while of playing, I still don't know how to get linen.

I feel like some tasks time crystal requirement aren't consistent with others.. Like it'll say 8 crystals, it'll take 1 minute for the first 6 crystals, then the last 2 will 4 minutes.

Walking seems incredibly slow, it takes about 10 minutes to walk home, I'm thinking about picking up all my work benches and just carrying them with me because I'm sick of the hike home. (Can't we craft shoes to make us walk faster?)

Beds - I really don't like how sleeping doesn't skip the night.. I often sleep then when I wake up it'll be light, but then it'll get dark again in a minute or two.. The day/night system doesn't seem consistent. And it seems almost impossible to do anything at night, it's pitch black.
    Then ill go to try to sleep the night away again, and it won't allow me to sleep for some unknown reason?

I'm injured and I don't know how to cure myself.

There are no spawn points, you have to walk So far to get to base.

No monsters

It'd also be nice if we could leave the game while we wait for something to finish.

While this game is quite brilliant, and I adore it. I think it could still have a lot of minor adjustments to make it perfect.

2. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Has any one actually managed to get game centre multiplayer to work?
    Was it random or selected?

Without multiplayer working I can see myself deleting this as without that, it offers nothing new over junk jack, mincraft PE and minecraft MAC. It would be amazing WITH it though!

q.q

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I am normally not a huge fan of these types of games but always try them out because my kids like them. However, I like the way this is set up in that I can select on multiple areas and just watch the character take care of it and I also like the simplicity of crafting.

Just killed my first DoDo and then my bed caught fire while I was sleeping, good way to start the day.:D

4. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I'm enjoying this as well, very easy to get into. Anyone else get attacked by the bear/wolverine thing at night? I couldn't tell what it was, only 2 of them were in a tree so I chopped it down and then chopped them! At least there's ONE mob.

5. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Good to know, I was wondering if there were mobs or at least an enemy. I have only seen a DoDo and it was no match for my bare hands.

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Make a pike or spear whatever its called then you can cook it and gives your hunger a good boost

7. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    Not just faster. You get more of what you're mining from the block if you use the right tool.

I'm having a hard time finding anything to eat. Just planted a few orange trees instead of eating the oranges, hopefully that will help. Definitely won't get scurvy.

8. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    You have to travel and get items. You can eat seeds as well but doesn't give much hunger boost

9. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    #69 Jxsgamer, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    Really now?
    I, however, got a little scare when I placed the campfire for the first time. It was sending smal blazes around the field near it that i thought the grass was catching on fire. >_<

@nonstick:
    Do you know how to get another one then?

10. Koalachlamydia77

Koalachlamydia77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I can't die!!! I want to die so I can spawn back at the portal, all my stats are empry including health but I still can't die! I'm even at the bottom of the ocean to drown myself but once I ran out of air I just keep going without death!!!

11. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    #71 visionwebs, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    How did so many bugs get into release, I'm sad :(
    still, minus the bugs it is an interesting game...

12. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    So it does have a crafting guide; it's built into the bench. Cool.

13. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Has anyone worked out to heal yet ? My blockhead is seriously injured and slow as hell !

14. Toco Games

Toco Games Well-Known Member

Someone kill that poor bastard! :D
    Game sounds fun :)

15. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    What do I have to do if my blockhead isnt happy anymore? Sleep?

16. Thorwan

Thorwan Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Just tap the status bar. Besides showing your bars, it gives short hints about what's wrong with your Blockhead.

17. danny12345

danny12345 New Member

Jan 3, 2013
    When building a base, how do I get back walls?

18. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    He can die? Intresting.

19. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Was about to ask if this was worth my buck, but saw it was free.

I'M ALL ON THIS ISH, HOMIE

...yo.

20. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Umm ok gangsta ninja lol