Universal The Blockheads - (by Majic Jungle Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Went ahead and paid the $2.99, really like this. Are there plans for enemies?

2. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    I'm with you. It's not a bad game, just not my style. I can't really get into tapping a lot of things and just waiting and watching until my backlight dims and I have to tap to bring it back. I'll probably invest more time than I have so far into it, but I don't think this one's for me.

I'm playing Growtopia right now, and it's more my style so far. But, The Blockheads is something I can go to when I'm waiting on trees to grow.

So anyway, I encourage anyone reading to at least give the game a shot, it's a well done game. It's just a matter of personal preference.

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It adds new character that you can control.

4. SmackDatButt

SmackDatButt Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    I hate it when people compare every game that has a blocky survival aspect to Minecraft and say that they're copying Minecraft and taking ideas and stuff like that.

Minecraft took Ideas off of older games like Infiniminer and used that to make their game better. Just like this company is doing probably with ideas from Minecraft, but they add new mechanics and aspects to make it better with their game, like Minecraft did from Infiniminer.

All in all, I just don't wanna hear any fingers to be pointed at the devs for copying any other game.

5. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Now if we could just get more people to take this viewpoint on monster games and stop dubbing them all "Pokemon clones" lol.

6. Hex Blade

Hex Blade Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    This may well be a good game but as I already own Minecraft PE, Junk Jack and Eden....I really can't justify owning this game.

7. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

1) It's free
    2) It's really different (Multiple characters, online play, entire planet, rts like....)

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I own all of those games too but I'd say this is probably the better game. The only downside is the waiting. Everything else about this is very cool.

9. DizzyNBG

DizzyNBG Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    #49 DizzyNBG, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    This game is so awesome! i totally felt in love with it right after a couple of minutes i've played it. i really like the dozens of possibilities to interact with the environment and the world itself. Just...freakin' awesome!

edit: just realized that is even possible to climb on trees o_O i askin myself which functions aren't implemented? xD

10. Thorwan

Thorwan Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Played for a few hours and I really like it so far. Multiplayer is a neat addition, too! I'm a huge Minecraft fan myself, but I wouldn't consider the Blockheads a clone. It has such a different experience to offer. It's free folks, at least check it out before calling it a ripoff!

11. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I don't really understand most of these games. Does this game have a built in crafting guide?

12. Thorwan

Thorwan Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    It really doesn't need one. You build a Workbench, tap it and it shows your options what to build and what you need. Also, there are other similar items like a Woodwork Bench and upgrades to create more stuff. Pretty self-explanatory.

13. Hero211

Hero211 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Please add retina display for iPad 3 an 4

14. danny12345

danny12345 New Member

Jan 3, 2013
    #54 danny12345, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    If I add in another blockhead, is it only for that world or for every world? How do i prevent snow getting in my base? And what's the benefits of meditating?

15. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Much more accessible than Minecraft, and I would've got sucked in for more than 15 mins if it hadn't crashed 3 times in that span. Do you find more crystals throughout the world, or are they strictly paid?

16. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    So far looks paid but there's caves and oceans so maybe you have to travel far.

17. danny12345

danny12345 New Member

Jan 3, 2013
    You can find crystals in underground caves

18. salocincasa

salocincasa New Member

May 9, 2012
    Just tried meditating and got a random item as reward.

19. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    I don't play these kind of games very much.
    My pickaxe broke, but my guy seems to still be able to mine without one, what was the point of the pickaxe?

20. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Mine faster