Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SuyinRei, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Yeah read that and I was confused. Hopefully they will add that later as a dlc. Really really hoping this comes out on iOS soon. As in this week.

2. schnitselking

schnitselking Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Crossing my fingers for this week also. I honestly hoping it might be targeted for release today. What better day than Halloween?

3. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    I've been hoping and checking for that too!

4. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    It's hard to say if it will release out of the blue. But then again i doubt after the stuff with apple happened that it will be featured as an editors pick lol. Who knows anything is possible but I'm expecting at least some more teasers from Tyrone before it comes out

5. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Hopefully he teases stuff soon then, his twitter handle has been silent since the announcement.

6. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    So in the latest blog post, Tyrone said the game was approved by Apple, and they're trying to get all of the features in.

I'm not sure how the App Store approval process works, but what exactly does "The game has been approved by Apple" mean in terms of launching and editing the build?

My assumption is that they submitted the first build (1.0) and were approved, and now they can launch whenever they want. I'm also assuming that if you update a game with any new features or changes, it'll have to be re approved, right?

If that's the case, then the only reason Tyrone would've made a point of saying they got approval would be if they were launching this first build very soon. I think :D

7. TheIronBeagle

TheIronBeagle Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    I agree, I hardly think apple would feature it at all. But RELEASE THE GAME ALREADY PLS DEVS. I've been dying to play this ever since I saw that apple approved it

8. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    Well I guess it's going out for beta tests so not sure if we will see it out that soon but at least it's moving along.

9. lemessie

lemessie Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting

10. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

Just noticed on the character select screen there is an aim lock option, and then on the in game pic there is a tiny lock symbol on the right stick control. Seems weird when Isaac only shoots in 4 directions anyway. Really wish that the pause button can be moved/resized as well. In all his teaser videos I always thought it was a reflection of a light above him haha.

11. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    I just read an article on TA saying they were looking for beta testers. Does anyone know where to go to sign up for that I didn't see any exact link or webpage or anything in the article, unless I missed it.

12. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    How about twitter?!

13. Sanderok

Sanderok Member

Oct 2, 2016
    Wanna be a tester

14. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Follow the developers twitter, funny my devices were forced into updating to iOS 10 last week

15. Emeritus-III

Emeritus-III Active Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Damn, when I saw there was a notification on my watch list I thought it was released, haha :)

16. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

hah! That is me every morning when I see an update to the thread.

17. Danigarcia75

Danigarcia75 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Haha same here, I was excited with the notification from TA thinking it was released. And I have it on PS4 but on iPad will be better to play more often

18. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    If they're at the beta testing stage, anyone with dev experience want to chime in with a guess on how far along they might be? Hopefully beta testing doesn't take a long time.

19. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    #119 meder87, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    It's very possible they are testing iOS 8 and 9 to make sure it's stable. It probably works fine on iOS 10, but they are ensuring there is legacy stability. They could take 2 to 3 weeks to do the testing there.

20. Danigarcia75

Danigarcia75 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Or hopefully they test on iOS 8 & 9 and if it's working fine they press the release button if there is no updates pending or something to fix