Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SuyinRei, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Wonder what the change/approach is this time.

2. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

Curious if there is a plan at all, or if they will just resubmit as is and hope for the best. They should just submit it with a screenshot of where the App Store said "GAMES ARE ART"

3. Deathrow

Deathrow Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
  4. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

He tweeted yesterday "something really exciting happened today. Wish I could share #gamedev #indiedev" I am hoping it was the approval, but I think I am just being ridiculous now haha.

5. neumanator

neumanator Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2015
    I'm gonna keep hoping right along with you! This would make my flippin year!

6. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    That's some really cool footage. It looks like an Iphone to me.It seems to me all that positive energy gamers have been putting out for that game to be brought over to mobile may really pay off. So cool. I'm excited. Now, I don't want to sound like an ungrateful spoiled brat but what's up with Super Meatboy!?

7. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Guys, the game was always done. The problem was Apple would not approve the game because something involving violence toward children. I really hope Apple would take their own head out it's butt for a minute to just go ahead and approve this game.

8. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #68 Delusionaltool, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    OMG, i am also a huge BoI fan... and have been one of the angry fans cause apple is too dense to release a game that has sold millions of copies on just about everything, and there is so much garbage much worse than Binding of issac in the app store that they let release. But apple thinks its ok to put Binding of issacs game guides all over the place cause you know that makes sense, so lets see there is a game called Happy Wheels how is that an appropriate game at all? I mean if we go there Five nights at freddies is marketed towards children and we all know children should not play the game, there is so much hypocritical nonsense with apple i just dont get it...and Socalledsin aka Eric on Twitter I seen all your posts on there months ago when it was announced it was coming only to be disappointed Apple rejected it, hopefully its still coming I would be so happy!

9. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Well it's interesting that the war time game This war of mine just got its expansion "the little ones" approved and released on to the store. The expansion is all about children in war and cruelty's they face, so...

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The Little Ones isn't really an applicable comparison. The children never die. Isaac does. A lot. :p It's Happy Wheels (Irresponsible Dad) and LIMBO being on the store that make Isaac's rejection ridiculous. Especially the former.

11. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Well, what about Limbo? It's pretty popular on the AppStore I think it's on the all time greats list

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    LIMBO's one of my favorite games of all time (and Playdead's follow up, INSIDE, was amazing as well), but I already mentioned that it's ridiculous that BoI can't get on the App Store when LIMBO's not only been on there for years, but has been featured by Apple numerous times.

13. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Considering Limbos main character is a child who dies in some horrific ways! Apple is pissing me off about not releasing this in the app store when so much stuff is much worser.

14. FancyPenguin

FancyPenguin Member

Apr 16, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Aw, that's a bummer. :( Original is really fun and seems well suited for mobile devices.

15. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    The BOI guide apps with pictures are even more ridiculous to me. There are a few.

16. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    So did Tyrone just tease us and then went silent? I thought he said that he had an announcement for this week?

17. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    hello guys, i have a good news for all of you.

from the official blog post:

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/152265548904/tyrone-thinks-hes-soooo-cool

"iOS version
    TL;DR It’s coming to iOS VERY SOON!!!The game has been approved by Apple and we’re working on getting all the features we want into the game. Obligatory bulletpoint list: - It’s a universal binary so you buy it once for iPhone, you can download for free on iPad (and eventually Apple TV–eventually, we don’t have timing on the Apple TV version)- iCloud save support for uploading/downloading save data between those devices- Bluetooth controller support."

18. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
  19. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Um... HECK YES!!!!! :D
    Thank you!!!!!!

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator