Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SuyinRei, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Again though, Apple has a process for this kind of thing. You can't just skip it and choose to loudly complain instead and expect anything to happen. The appeals process is just something you have to deal with if you want to sell something on the App Store. Stuff gets rejected all the time, often for innocuous reasons, as Apple would rather reject something and then take a closer look at it once the developer appeals instead of approving things which might break the rules. Apple's store, Apple's rules.

2. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    Well, at this point, it's been 2 weeks since we've heard anything from Tyrone on this. Do you guys think it's still in review?

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I think it's in negotiation...

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    You know? Or just a guess

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Just a guess. I believe the dev is not going to let this option die, but as Eli said, a low profile is necessary to negotiate these things. I guess that's why there's no news about this yet.

6. bossjaja

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    So it's been a while since I've seen any news on this, anyone hear anything? I assume that if Apple was going to reconsider, we'd have an update by now (It's been more than a month since tyrone submitted a contact form).

If Apple denied it again, that's really disappointing. Isaac on iOS would've been so awesome to have :(

I really don't know much about the sideloading process, but could that be a way around Apple's ban? If we can get F.lux, maybe we can get Isaac someday too ;)

7. Occupied

Occupied Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    It would have to be open-source to sideload, and I doubt Edmund and Tyrone would be willing to do that. It'd be cool if they put it on the Cydia store, but again I doubt they would.

This is my favorite game of all time but even Edmund said it doesn't work too great with touch controls, so I'm not too bummed about it. The good thing about this whole situation is it seems to have motivated them to finish Afterbirth for PS4 and work more on Afterbirth+ for PC. They always get too many projects going at once and they don't have the manpower to finish them all.

8. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    C'MON APPLE! WE NEED THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm tired of this ... politics!:mad::p;):D:eek::rolleyes::cool::eek::confused::(:)

9. soco

soco Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Amazing

I can't wait for this! I don't think I will ever get anything done if I can play it on my phone as well though.

10. bossjaja

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    Oh, I didn't know it would have to be open source. That's too bad,

I honestly don't see the issue with touch controls though. There aren't that many buttons, + it could easily be solved by mapping them to the already existing HUD. Tap the bomb icon for bomb, your spacebar item to activate, etc. The Vita version is halfway there already anyway. As for it being imprecise, a few hours of playing would probably correct that.

Man, I've never wanted a game on iOS this badly before, it's such a shame it's most likely never gonna happen.

11. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Sorry to resurrect this thread but I still cannot believe this is not getting released. I was very certain Apple was going to wise up and let this game through. I'M SO BUMMED!:(

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Oh man, don't remind me of this tragedy.

13. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    If it's any consolation, I'm sure the touch controls would have been brutal! Seems like it would be impossible without a good MFI controller.

14. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    That's why I have said that Apple is the main reason of declining on iphone sales.

15. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

Gather round my friends, for he has spoken! BEHOLD THE SACRED TWEET!

Attached Files:

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Oh yes! That's great news!

17. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Yay!!! Hope is still alive!

18. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

Feral Fury is good, but just made me want Isaac on iOS so bad I had to bust out a tweet haha. Please Apple don't drop the ball again!

19. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Doesn't mean Apple is gonna go for it but fingers crossed lets hope the do

20. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Thanks for doing that
    Hope at last
    Honestly no reason it shouldn't