Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SuyinRei, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Good point but that was 15 years ago. This whole game is dark and pretty messed up. Are they going to change the shit to unicorns and the rainbows ? Not to mention that this is a port of a game that's already considered successful. Why would they go through all the trouble? Let's just throw a disclaimer on it and let us be adults. I can figure out if I think this game is going to offend me or wether my kids should play it. Don't need your help Apple thx ! Now if you excuse me i gotta get back to killing sprees and slapping hoes in San Andreas.

2. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    The 'powers that be' at Apple are pathetic.

3. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    I am like all kinds of po'd at this crap. Apple has some sort of double standard going on and i am like sick of it. A game that can be found on a Nintendo 3ds a system used mostly by kids can buy this game. Apple lets Tale Tale release The Walking dead games which has all sorts of death of people and kids from zombies, not to mention the main character is a little girl and if you die you die big. Limbo also in the app store you play a little boy and die horribly from whatever the game throws at you. In GTA do i need to even mention the crap you can do and how wrong it is? yeah in GTA San Adreas heck any GTA i can sleep with a prostitute than kill her and take the money, not to mention just kill anything and everything but that is ok on the app store?

so in this game which is a rated M Successful rogue like found on everything but IOS/Android where its cartoon violence top down overview, complete with poop monsters, flys that shoot bullets, psycho caterpillars, you shoot enemies with tears from your eyes as bullets? its absurd Apple would pull this crap on this type of game. They could pull many trash apps that are not appropriate for the same reasons. But we can let others slide that have more realistic violence? Why have a rating system in the first place? Parents that are not monitoring their children are at fault.

Apple better change their tune or they are going to get a crapstorm of angry fans who adore this franchise and believe me there are many. If apple is going to ban it than fine , remove all the other much more inappropriate games see how happy ios gamers are if that happens...

4. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Amen brother. Nice rant. Thanks for taking the time to write exactly what I've been thinking. It's such complete and utter BS, I want this game on my GD phone!

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I bet you that in the end it will be accepted.

6. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    nintendo did so no reason for apple not too, unless they hate money?

7. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    As a parent I am resposible for what kids watch play or hear and I for one am against censorship and my kids are free to watch what tv shows movies and listen to whatever music they want and surprise by allowing this freedom they don't seek messed up stuff imagine that. Doing things just to keep the kids safe does nothing but make them ignorant of the world around them. This isn't the damn 50s anymore.
    Also I do explain to my kids what they are watching etc as it pertains to violence. I have a daughter that loves playing GTA but she totally gets its only a game nothing real about it and that doing that shit in the real world will land you in a real jail for life :)

8. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    That's how I was raised and I've never seen the inside of a jail cell.

9. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I just laughed when i saw Apple rejected it. In addition to the fantastic rant of DT, this is the company that accepted the so called Minecraft 2, and the company that takes ages to preview and publish updates... And the company that doesnt fix its damn GC problem, grrrr!

10. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    i hit up Tyrone on twitter see if he can stop by and vent with us. this game has to come out apple damn you and your BS!

11. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #31 Delusionaltool, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Was playing binding of issac rebirth on ps4 than i got angry at Apple all over again they better change their tune we need this on ios !!! I want to go to work and boot it up and play it! between calls of course i am IT. I just played limbo and i got mad again as i am a child getting murdered by a giant dick spider till i figured out what to do of course :) but wait i am a CHILD and apple says no to apps with violence toward children!!! So wheres my Issac huh Pear yeah you are a pear now the almost Apple. ::starts a riot::

12. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Now you've got me freaking raging again. Jesus Christ Apple is pathetic. This is mf'n absurd!!!

13. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Kind of a bummer that nothing has been said in a while.!Tyrone was on twitch the other day and had mentioned that they really want to make this happen so I guess let's just be patient I guess

14. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    You know what is kind of messed up? How about searching for binding of issac in the app store you find guides for the game see in the Pear store its ok to sell a game guide about a game that abuses children? Yet we cant have the actual game becauseeeeee?

15. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Some games in the past have been rejected only to show up so
    I think there is still a good possibility. I hate censorship. I remember not long ago my daughter who is a teen was downloading a song and it was the censored version and I told her from now on download the real version not the censored one. Why cuz she has heard all those words and worse at school anyways.

16. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    It's been a while since tyrone has tweeted about it, I wonder if he's still waiting for a reply from that contact form he sent in last week?

Either way, without the context, I totally understand why apple might not want isaac on iOS. It's not a game for everyone, that's for sure. That being said, it should 100% be allowed on the app store considering what else they've let through.

Compare isaac to:

Limbo: Main character (obviously a young boy) gets killed in pretty graphic ways. It's all shadowed, but still.

GTA 3, VC, SA, etc: Self explanatory, really.

Happy Wheels: One of the characters has a kid riding with him, is fully able to be killed, dismembered, smashed, crushed, shredded, etc.

Or my favorite example:

Freaking. Corpse. Party.

Corpse party is like 100x worse than isaac could ever be. Seriously, now I could absolutely see apple denying corpse party for "child abuse", but isaac? Naaaaah.

17. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio

You quote the truth! From what i have read Tyrone never gives up they will make this happen Pear will shape up their tune or we riot!!!

18. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

He's probably not saying anything because someone explained to him that public outbursts aren't the best way to appeal an Apple approval decision.

19. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    He said he had to fill out a generic contact form via the resolution center, and he would update when he had an answer. Anyone know if it usually takes Apple ~2 weeks to respond?

Anyway, I think it's a good sign that there isn't a reply from Apple yet. Maybe it means they're actually reviewing the game and not just outright rejecting it this time ;)

20. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Ya eli but to be fair apple is wrong to reject it. As worse stuff is in the app store that actually does depict harm to children. But it does not make sense they allow a video game guide about it in the app store that is just stupid to me. The whole appeal is bs imo.