Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SuyinRei, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    As it turns out, Afterbirth+ is releasing January 3rd, so the iOS version must be coming VERY soon, or worst case scenario, January 3rd along with Afterbirth+.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

2. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    choo choo!

3. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    Yup, that's awesome :D

I'm betting on 12/28, but 12/21 could be likely as well. Either way, I'm H Y P E D

4. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Tyrone and Ed said that they were going to release same time as afterbirth + so we will have to see. Sucksssssssssssssss they always do this to us fans, they update one game and than forget to put in there other game release to mess with us. The blog could of had something about IOS version and didnt so all i can say to that is this

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

5. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I don't really mind delays because of game dev but stringing your audience along is pretty lame. If it's one thing I learned on this site it's take release dates with a grain of salt. Why hype us all up with false info? It's before 2017, changing it from soon to very soon....blah blah. At this point it's a loss of credibility. I feel the same about death road. Whatever date these people throw out it's like who gives a shit it's probably way off anyways. Yes I'll pick this up(obviously) but I won't be checking every day if it's here that's for sure.

6. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    The thing about game development is that even if you think you're done, there's always more you can work on. Release dates really aren't always meant as a concrete date in most cases. They're used as a placeholder to help the game's fans have an ETA. As someone who has dabbled in programming and game development myself, you're really never done fixing a game. There's always new additions to be made and bugs to fix. So I'm just patiently waiting. Now excuse me while I go back to playing this gem on my PC and waiting for this to pop up on the app store. :)

7. bossjaja

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    #207 bossjaja, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016

They didn't give a concrete release date until last week, & even then, it's more of a general timeframe.

In October, they said "Very Soon"
    In November, they said "Still Soon"
    Last week, they said "2016"
    Now, it looks like we'll either get it this month or very, very early Jan.

How did they string us along?

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I'm not the one who said it, but I think "stringing along" is a little too strong but I can also see LSG's General point. Rather than "soons" and "very soons" and all that stuff, don't you think a simple "we are aiming for xxxxx month of xxxxxx year" would be a little less intrusive to the time and emotions of their followers? The dev team usually knows a rough date of when they're aiming for. That, and you can't tell me Tyrone doesn't love a good tease. One I'm a bit tender over is he put up a "beta testers wanted" notice on Twitter, I applied, and never heard a peep back. I know by right he doesn't have to say a single thing to me, but then again I'm a fan of his game so, maybe a little respect. Just a general notice like "to everyone, we got our beta testers, and apologies if you didn't make the cut but rest assured we're working towards getting this into your hands asap". Does that sound like a kind of fan address these guys would make? But we still love their game!

9. Rein37

Rein37 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    So we basically still have no idea when this is coming out...right?

Conventional wisdom would say that since Afterbirth+ is out on the 3rd then the iOS port would come out on the 5th (or midnight the 4th...whichever).

I mean...come on. The game was apparently ready enough to be submitted to Apple months ago...so how hard is it to nail down a release date now?

10. Rein37

Rein37 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    You also have to remember that the developers have long considered mobile to be bottom of the barrel garbage.

11. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013

Which is dumb as shit considering there are like 800 million iPhone users you could potentially tap into compared to 125 or so million steam users....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. joseywales

joseywales Member

Aug 17, 2016
    If it is ready I don't see why the hold up. I mean if this isn't a same game cross platform deal then why not release the one that is ready?

13. kaelendiaz

kaelendiaz Member

Nov 21, 2016
    Just because afterbirth + has a release date in 2017 don't start panicking. He said it would release in 2016 and I don't think afterbirth + is gonna change that. (I know he said it would come out alongside +)

14. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    no one is panicking!

Tyrone and Ed both said they were going to release IOS Issac along side the release of Afterbirth + meaning at the same time, but now Afterbirth + is not coming out this year but a few days after in 2017 its possible we wont see Issac IOS till that day. I hope not I want it to come out before the Appstore holiday freeze but i dunno if it will happen. Maybe Dec 28 or Dec 29.

Perhaps maybe Tyrone who is watching this thread can fill us in on some info...

15. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Hope if it is delayed too 2017 they tell us instead of being silent until the new year.

16. kaelendiaz

kaelendiaz Member

Nov 21, 2016
    #216 kaelendiaz, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    I hate being left silent, but Tyrone hasn't really been too quiet about this. We get a update on it around once every one or two weeks. Hear that Tyrone? Sup.

17. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Come on there has to be some sort of news. Tyrone @ Ed if your watching throw us a little bone! When is it coming out.

18. bossjaja

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    Fingers crossed for a release this week before the shutdown :p

If it's not this week, I'm betting on a 1/4/17 launch.

19. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    So.... not looking good for this year huh?

20. bossjaja

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    Apple's site says "As a reminder, we will not be accepting new app or app update submissions from December 23 to 27 (Pacific Time)". I assumed that meant that we'd still be getting releases today and next Wednesday, but I guess not. Looks like it's an early January release.