Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    What sort of stuff is unlocked BETWEEN runs?
    I've defeated 2-3 bosses on a run, exploring every room, and still seem to start from scratch every time..

2. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Does this game support Game Centre? Hopefully not as I hate it.

3. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    I didn't say the controls are bad. I've reached the boss on my second run, so the controls are good. I was just pointing out the differences between the PC and iOS controls. Spizak mentioned he doesn't like floaty controls and asked if the controls were like this on the desktop version. Comparing the tighter controls on the desktop version vs the iOS controls is something different than comparing turn based vs real time combat. Unless I'm wrong and people actually prefer floaty controls.

4. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    whattttttt? did you think this post through? if your a designer than i dont think you did. The controls feel the same as they do on the ps4 and pc the characters move a little floaty. i dunno what device you are using but i dont have any input lag what so ever 6s+ here ios 10.x, i play alot of ios touch games this has some of the best controls ive used. The auto fire in last direction fired while moving is amazing. but the controls are no where near as bad to deserve a 1 star review and your a developer. that makes 0 sense the game is great but controls need some work 4 stars maybe but 1 i dont agree with you on that one. try type 2 if you dont like type 1 controls by the way type 1 adds analog controls where type 2 is always same run speed.... dont rate something 1 star unless it deserves 1 star that is just bad business.

5. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    you always start from scratch, but you unlock things as you go like characters or challenge runs. its always perma death. check out some wikis it helps you understand how the progression works in the game where to find the pretty hard secrets and what to do to even get the secret.

6. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Any word on the IOS 9 compatibility issue....anyone know if support will be offered from the developer?

7. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    i just saw that if you buy it from a ios 10 device and than use a device with ios 9 it downloads and works fine off the cloud download.

8. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    New itens, abilities, characters, as far as I am concerned.

Edit: this thread depresses me.

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

This floaty controls stuff is so weird to me, once you spend ten minutes or so getting accustomed to the touchscreen controls the game plays just like it does on the PC. Learning how your character moves around and how the shooting mechanics work are part of the game, just like learning how to feather your brake button when you're learning how to drift in a new racing game.

10. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    -New items
    -New characters
    -New trinkets
    -New cards/runes
    -New bosses
    -Harder versions of previous bosses
    -Alternate chapters for all main chapters
    -Extra lategame chapters
    -New starting items for characters

As for the controls, I've probably put in upwards of 600 hours between the original flash version, mac, and vita, and I'd say the controls are 10/10 considering that it's a touchscreen. Some options for sensitivity, locking the gamepad in place, etc, would be awesome, but the game is completely fine and playable as is.

Huge props to nicalis for the job they did with the iOS version :D

11. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    100% agree!!!

I consider myself as "not the worst dual-stick player" but here and atm, i simply can't make it to the end of the first round and i usualy die on the 4th level. I suck. Omg, there are also so many different ways/enemies to lose some lives here and there. But they're definitely not that bad to deserve a 1-star rating. That's a short-circuit reaction, i dare to say.

My personel short-circuit reaction got me an endless rofl when i read that these controls might be even better than Minigore...NO, they are NOT. (Again: Each to his Own)

Two hours in and i unlock/discover more and more stuff. Brilliant game content and art style wise. Of course it's done before (ios talking), but this one is simply outstanding.

PS: love the non-price-reduction message!

Attached Files:

12. spizak

spizak Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    One has very little with the other - i can be a designer and:

A. Still can hate how the controls feels.
    B. Mfi is not as bad, so it's def touch being off.

13. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    1 star is exeemely harsh, don't you think? Even more so, when you are in the minority here on the thread, since most, including myself, have praised the controls.

What goes around comes around. It isn't like the game is a mess and unplayable. This review is way unfair.

14. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Fantastic game with loads of challenge, I don't know if I'm getting anywhere but yeah killed 2 bosses not sure if that's good or not, anyone got tips :)

15. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    I spent 2 hours playing the iOS version and about 20 for the PC version. It doesn't play like the PC version, but it comes really close. The PC version let's you use items and bombs with a button touch. On my iPad I have to use the touchscreen while I'm already holding my iPad with both hands, this is a bit awkward and it happened quite a bunch of times that I wanted to use an item or drop a bomb and I missed the button. This doesn't help on a fast paced and difficult game like Isaac. Also I feel like the PC controls are a bit more responsive. All in all it doesn't even come close to being gamebreaking and I really don't think the controls are a reason to not buy the iOS version. But saying it controls just like on PC is simply not true.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks to both. Now that I (hopefully) have a bit of time to play the game, I'll check it again.

EDIT: It's getting difficult to follow the thread. After 4h without checking it, I had a bunch of pages to catch up :p

17. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Oh my god, I've been waiting for so long.....my apple account is 14.94 deep.

Haha, oh well so excited! Running to Best Buy for .05 gift card.

Support your Devs!

18. iXoDeZz

iXoDeZz Member

Feb 23, 2014
    I think the game looks absolutely great and runs very well, but the high sensitivity makes it completely unplayable for me.

Also I think, for 15$ the could've integrated Afterbirth.

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You're aware Afterbirth is an additional $12 on top of the base $15 Rebirth on Steam, right?

20. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Thanks for the information, I used this method to install the game earlier this morning and I have been playing on IOS 9 throughout the day.

I was asking about IOS 9 support because I am wondering whether the unsupported IOS 9 version that I am using now is the same as the IOS 10 version? I don't want to be playing a buggy, inferior build moving forward if I can avoid it.